Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

thank you for ur clarification on the opt out sanitary stuff ...

by the way ur toilet WC change . the original fitting from the floor did not raise up to the new flooring tile ...did u ask the contractor about this

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
17 minutes ago, lazarus73 said:

thank you for ur clarification on the opt out sanitary stuff ...

by the way ur toilet WC change . the original fitting from the floor did not raise up to the new flooring tile ...did u ask the contractor about this

Hm not sure which original fitting you mean, but my ID will get his plumber to install the new WC for me so we'll find out then

3 hours ago, spooky said:

Won't be able to visit my place till Thursday, so a small update from my ID.

Floor tile overlay for MBR bathroom is done, it takes a longer time than usual to lay tiles diagonally because lots of pieces have to be cut at the edges of the area

SObGfAI.jpg

Kerb built at the toilet entrance to keep the water from flowing out

7D0HG6S.jpg

Only found out today that they 'buried' my aircon drainage pipe under the tile, with the outlet directly at the drain. Not sure if that's good news :unsure: but it looks nice aesthetically

XRZGVUN.jpg

e0kSTOH.jpg

iIuvteH.jpg

Kitchen subway tiles are up too, but without any grout yet

nbjGbus.jpg

Cabinet base for the sink drainage

3PVwcsW.jpg

some very good progress here!!

7 hours ago, spooky said:

Won't be able to visit my place till Thursday, so a small update from my ID.

Floor tile overlay for MBR bathroom is done, it takes a longer time than usual to lay tiles diagonally because lots of pieces have to be cut at the edges of the area

SObGfAI.jpg

Kerb built at the toilet entrance to keep the water from flowing out

7D0HG6S.jpg

Only found out today that they 'buried' my aircon drainage pipe under the tile, with the outlet directly at the drain. Not sure if that's good news :unsure: but it looks nice aesthetically

XRZGVUN.jpg

e0kSTOH.jpg

iIuvteH.jpg

Kitchen subway tiles are up too, but without any grout yet

nbjGbus.jpg

Cabinet base for the sink drainage

3PVwcsW.jpg

Aircon trunking looking good! It is one area I really regretted not doing enough research on. Brilliant to hide the water pipe as well!

@lazarus73 ahhh I see what you mean. I'm not too sure actually... let me check with my ID. Might be a mistake :/

@izong thank you! Masonry works taking awhile

@dietgalvon yeah I saw your bad experience with trunking :( but at least it's fixed now, after some trouble. Actually I had no idea they were going to conceal it, and neither did my ID... the subcon did it because they thought it was nicer and they've done it for others. That's why I was shocked and didn't know how to feel about it!

No big updates within these few days, masonry work and partial electrical works are completed and painting will start next week. Will also confirm with ID about all carpentry design soon.

Common bathroom floor overlay is completed with grout, no regrets doing this so that we can do away with the kerbs!

Fjgx98G.jpg

Both bathrooms' shower feature wall have also been grouted, kinda regret not using these tiles for the MBR toilet instead! :( I picked grey ones from the same series for the MBR toilet.

d92HwI1.jpg

Subway tiles have been grouted with light grey grout :) tiles are slightly beveled

MiOCqS4.jpg

Received some rough drafts of my carpentry work. My ID sketched these over a discussion with the carpenter, more detailed drawings will come from the carpenter. I'm quite pleased with the wardrobes and shoe cabinets, but the kitchen needs some changes because I want to fit a pull out condiment rack. Also missing vanity cabinet drawing

MBR wardrobe + side table

hiQ1STI.jpg

Common wardrobe

0a60ECt.jpg

Shoe cabinet

BhIEHMr.jpg

Kitchen cabinets

hfQmlXg.jpg

pBQnatB.png

17 hours ago, Mehpuff said:

You were allowed to hack the bathroom floors? What about the water proofing? 

she did not hack the bathroom floor. overlay

On 6/22/2017 at 6:54 PM, spooky said:

No big updates within these few days, masonry work and partial electrical works are completed and painting will start next week. Will also confirm with ID about all carpentry design soon.

Common bathroom floor overlay is completed with grout, no regrets doing this so that we can do away with the kerbs!

Fjgx98G.jpg

Both bathrooms' shower feature wall have also been grouted, kinda regret not using these tiles for the MBR toilet instead! :( I picked grey ones from the same series for the MBR toilet.

d92HwI1.jpg

Subway tiles have been grouted with light grey grout :) tiles are slightly beveled

MiOCqS4.jpg

So will you be treating the grout line?? 

Nothing much to update so far! Painting works are starting tomorrow and carpentry works have been confirmed after discussion this week. Painting works were supposed to start on Wednesday but there were some hiccups because some of the colours I wanted couldn't be found :/ oh well. I can't go down tomorrow to check on the progress so I'll drop by on Saturday.

A few days ago, I got someone to replace one of the bomb shelter vents with something that looks nicer. The other vent on the side will be sealed by my ID foc.

i1AQDo8.jpg

NyC6M0I.jpg

Some paint delivered, still some missing colours

b4ztKyc.jpg

Some of my tb loot is here!

2OWtBrl.jpg

One of the ceiling lamps, these will be along the walkway

3Ict38P.jpg

Condiment pull out rack, my ID will have it installed

ALIAoL6.jpg

Kitchen sink and tap. Quality feels really good. Thick POSCO stainless steel, sink has a nice depth to it

Y2xuAT9.jpg

1XTGxGF.jpg

Edited by spooky

Made more TB purchases tonight :) it's kind of addicting, I find myself having to control myself from spending too much on TB lol

'TV' console https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=536597601396&toSite=main

TB2yD1laj2C11BjSszgXXaKlpXa_!!166715037.

It's a 'tv' console because we won't be using this for a tv :D we'll probably put some decor items and framed pictures on top of it. Gives more storage options too

Bedside cabinet for common bedroom https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=547070905530&toSite=main

TB2wnECt80lpuFjSszdXXcdxFXa_!!2850130672

Bidet sprays for both toilets https://world.tmall.com/item/525360468485.htm?

TB1_hVtRpXXXXaAXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic

Wayyyy too many choices for bidet sprays on TB :blink: I gave up and just sorted by popularity and picked the top one, LOL

Ceiling lights for service yard and bomb shelter https://world.tmall.com/item/22967912251.htm?

TB26uGRp88lpuFjy0FnXXcZyXXa_!!1136717903

From what I gather, this is a good lighting brand on tb but these small ceiling lights are going for a promo price of $2.50 :o how to resist??

Toilet accessories https://yiweiyi.world.tmall.com

TB2V5iOc7WM.eBjSZFhXXbdWpXa_!!2138852473

TB1M8SHJVXXXXbKXFXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic

TB2E_RyjVXXXXXTXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!2138852473

Edited by spooky

13 hours ago, spooky said:

Nothing much to update so far! Painting works are starting tomorrow and carpentry works have been confirmed after discussion this week. Painting works were supposed to start on Wednesday but there were some hiccups because some of the colours I wanted couldn't be found :/ oh well. I can't go down tomorrow to check on the progress so I'll drop by on Saturday.

A few days ago, I got someone to replace one of the bomb shelter vents with something that looks nicer. The other vent on the side will be sealed by my ID foc.

i1AQDo8.jpg

NyC6M0I.jpg

Some paint delivered, still some missing colours

b4ztKyc.jpg

Some of my tb loot is here!

2OWtBrl.jpg

One of the ceiling lamps, these will be along the walkway

3Ict38P.jpg

Condiment pull out rack, my ID will have it installed

ALIAoL6.jpg

Kitchen sink and tap. Quality feels really good. Thick POSCO stainless steel, sink has a nice depth to it

Y2xuAT9.jpg

1XTGxGF.jpg

Hihi, may i know where did you get your bomb shelter vent?