Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 4/17/2017 at 11:28 AM, fifteenmay said:

glad that your 3d is getting nearer to your vision! btw, how many times can your 3d be amended?

hi fifteenmay, there's no limitation as per ID's claim. up to our satisfaction.. :wub:

Edited by Clarence Lye

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 4/17/2017 at 0:37 AM, Zincman81 said:

Hi bro Clarence,my fellow woodlands Glen neighbour.still waiting anxiously for our key collection.nice designs for your bedroom.

thanks. have u found ur ID yet? hope urs will be smooth sailing and not so nighmare like mine.. where i have to keep feeding them ideas and design. :help:

On 4/17/2017 at 4:00 PM, d3n said:

come in to support!

btw... i notice u did alot of platform bed... may not be future proof if u are planning for kids or going to have kids.

only platform at master bedroom. two rooms are still available for kids/guest. so still ok? :huh:

On 4/17/2017 at 5:32 PM, Shashine17 said:

Hi. I'm about to engage R&R as my ID for my new resale flat. Is R&R pricey?

personally, i feel they are slightly more expensive as compared to others. but if you take into factor that the cost is to cover the life time warranty.. maybe not so :bangwall:? But then again.. to what extend will they honour the lifetime warranty.. no one knows until something spoil.

On 4/18/2017 at 0:14 AM, Hwmook said:

Yes, they quote me like 30% more than the final ID i used. 

mine was not that high.. i did compare around.. was about 5-8k more. my current quote is about 46k. other quoted me about 38-40k.
U**** Interior quoted me 50k for a even more simpler design :fire:

33 minutes ago, Clarence Lye said:

mine was not that high.. i did compare around.. was about 5-8k more. my current quote is about 46k. other quoted me about 38-40k.

RnR quote me slightly more than 40k while W**ken quote me slightly more than 30k. But then the designer actually offer to call his boss up to give a discount if i confirm them on the spot which i was not prepared to so the price difference might be smaller after the discount though. 

9 hours ago, Clarence Lye said:

only platform at master bedroom. two rooms are still available for kids/guest. so still ok? :huh:

personally, i feel they are slightly more expensive as compared to others. but if you take into factor that the cost is to cover the life time warranty.. maybe not so :bangwall:? But then again.. to what extend will they honour the lifetime warranty.. no one knows until something spoil.

heard pregnant ladies will have difficulty getting off platform bed :D

13 hours ago, Clarence Lye said:

hi fifteenmay, there's no limitation as per ID's claim. up to our satisfaction.. :wub:

tts great! i think with their reputation, they can afford to give no limit to 3d design

On 20/04/2017 at 8:34 AM, d3n said:

heard pregnant ladies will have difficulty getting off platform bed :D

Shld be ok i guess.. the platform not very high. I think 15" there abt

On 20/04/2017 at 0:39 PM, fifteenmay said:

tts great! i think with their reputation, they can afford to give no limit to 3d design

Hopefully it is as per what they claim lo

some updates:

Key collection on 30/6/2017! 
Will be taking photos and upload the skeleton home by then. :yeah:

Yet to receive my finalised quote and also updated 3D as need to do site measurement first.
recently went to Hafary and selected my bathroom tiles.

Tiles for Toilet
Wall Tiles: Valls Grey (30x60cm) @ $3.20psf
Toilet Feature Wall: Valls Mosaic Grey (30x60cm) @ $3.20psf
Floor Tiles: Danau Perla (30x60cm) @ $4.40psf

Hafary Tiles

not sure if the sizing should get something bigger.. but these tiles are what we love.. how how how? We are only allowed to select up to $4 tiles.. dont wish to top up any money for tiles.

Recently went to the Hoe Kee to purchase all the kitchen/sanitary stuffs + Expo Furniture fair and bought quite a number of stuffs.. feeling broke now :drunk:

Blanco Metra 9 ColoursFor the Blanco Metra 9 Basin, was spoilt for choice as all 3 colours were what we like, end up choosing the first one .

American Standard BasinAmerican Standard AMS2307Joven 35L HE

Grohe Euphoria 180Grohe Cosmopolitan 200

Happen to chance upon Kitchen Aid KSM150 PROMO, so grab the mixer as well.
The price is **** good deal that you can never find outside.. (psst.. it's only $5**) and we can choose ANY colours. Of cos we choose the most limited and newest colour - Cast Iron Black. All the promo for KSM150 comes with limited colours only (from what i noticed over these few years)

KSM150 Cast Iron Black

At the expo fair:

Bought a reclinable 3 seater sofa:

3 Seater Sofa

- Queen Size Bed + Frame
- 3 x Veneer Room Doors + 1 x Common Toilet Veneer Door + 1 x Frosted Glass Door from Hoho Engineering (anyone bought their stuffs?)
- Amare La Casa's Wardrobe System for the Bedroom 2 (similiar to Pole system, but this is wardrobe kind instead)
Amare La Casa

At the IT show, bought the digital locks from MyDigitalLock and had a good deal.
Those interested i can share with you the sales person contact.
- Samsung DP728
- Gateman Z10
- Eques Door Viewer
- Nika Door Closer
Samsung DP728GatemanZ10EquesDoorViewerNika Door Closer

Over the weekend, went to source for fan @Phylux ..and bought this:

Haiku L Series 52" Black. Suprisingly, the black circle on the fan is actually the LED light. It has a tinted lens cover that blend in very well when the lights are not on. We added the Wi-Fi module as this series by default doesn't come with Wifi or SenseMe.

The purpose of adding wi-fi module is to sync it with our other smart home products.

Haiku L Series

More to come.. :deal:

Edited by Clarence Lye

Updates:

- Collected keys on 30th June, here's a look of the skeleton house:
image2.JPG.fadfd068305af9cba5907a5316853e8d.JPGimage3.JPG.5c13190945b8f2b8692f7e24eb39e7d3.JPGimage4.JPG.bd8757c1bf2cf9327809d8465d9d5b0f.JPG

- spotted many defects around the house, glad that there's no hollow tiles found. Here are some of the pictures of the defects
1) Rusty/spotted laundry poles:
image5.JPG.406ee8dae6245756ac5ed452a4ae8eb4.JPG

2) Rubber peeling off from service yard door
image6.JPG.ee1250d088630ff470b563f0d426147a.JPG

3) Cracked switches
image7.JPG.53930053df1df34ac68eda7e47090316.JPGimage8.JPG.ee929f60c0079350c366ed45e0e33fd5.JPG

4) Paint not touched up properly
image9.JPG.e55c05466f47d684f7c4c08719301bf1.JPG

5) Rusty hinges:
image10.JPG.a2063b15be90eaed22eb68de3dba4361.JPG

6) Bloated / uneven walls (look at all the markings)
image11.JPG.3b8272676d5599747517cda552870d83.JPGimage12.JPG.d697937f21362c5595cde1bbbea5e0e1.JPG

7) Chip and scratches on main door
image13.JPG.44e73580631bd8ce0e38af0bc9fa2044.JPG

I've also noticed that the area space at the service yard is pretty cramp once the ceiling laundry pole is released.
Anyone feeling the same? I think it's due to having two large PIPES at both ends of the service yard. Might need to hack if not very difficult to do laundry. :bow:
image1.JPG.b47e1612c63a0c4ee1f2275a73e477f1.JPG

one plus point: we got a nice masterbed room view of the neighbouring condo.. too bad our bed will be facing the other side instead.
image14.JPG.cd08b31373f819f53241c5ec783901cf.JPG

I am thinking of replacing my kitchen floor tiles instead of using evorich.
Any one here using evorich in your kitchen?? is it ok or it's difficult to maintain overtime?

How much you pay for the doors from Hoho Engineering? What is your quote for Evorich flooring? Intends to go for evorich HERF for bedrooms and living room.

On 05/07/2017 at 10:42 PM, happypotato said:

Hello! Mind sharing your quote from R&R? Thanks in advance!

Hi @happypotato pm-ed you. :D

On 06/07/2017 at 10:04 AM, JennyTan said:

How much you pay for the doors from Hoho Engineering? What is your quote for Evorich flooring? Intends to go for evorich HERF for bedrooms and living room.

@JennyTan pricing for doors as follow:

4 x Solid Laminated Door (3 x bedroom + 1 x common toilet) @ $1276
Toilet Frosted Glass Door @ $550
All Bedroom Door Handle/Lock @ $140 

as to the evorich pricing, i got it at $6.25/psf when i sign back in 2014. Pricing now should be $6.80 onwards. (those interested can PM me, i can share with you my contact and you can ask him for a better than $6.80 price)
i can pass you my contact if you're keen. PM-edyou.

Edited by Clarence Lye

• Like 1

went to Ho Ho to took photos of my door colour and door lock - while googling for Ho Ho Doors alot of negative reviews came out about their service and etc..
So far i have yet to encounter these problems? Perhaps they have changed for the better, nobody knows.
There are still alot of IDs getting doors/frames from them and supply to customers, can't be that bad right? :unsure:

(ps: i have included the price on the pics as well, so those keen can just take reference on the pricing. if you need contact feel free to PM me)

Solid Door Laminate Colour:
image1.JPG.117056e70c249199dcb303f70aff465b.JPG

Door Handle, think i'm gonna choose the black one for my toilet as i'm doing monochrome style in the common toilet with all the black toilet accessories. 
image2.JPG.0b89d1fb5e91ddc0be657f87a3462050.JPG

Master Toilet Sliding Door:
image3.JPG.9fc2fc1f7630f311f12820da3e21e2f1.JPG

I was previously looking at the laundry systems such as EZ Living, KS Auto System, Steign and few other brands that are always selling at Expo.
After much consideration, we have decided to go ahead with Steign Solar as it fits what we need -  Solar Drying + LED Lights, etc. As you know all BTO now doesn't allow you to do much of sun drying, and just nice we need lighting at the service yard area. One good thing about this laundry system is that it has a LED light that gives a brightness of 1600 lumens (about 100W) which is bright enough for any kind of laundry in the darkest evening. 

If anyone is getting a laundry system, don't be lured by the pricing. Be sure to test it out and see how strong/flimsy the thing is.
This mostly flimsy part is the scissors arm, and be sure to check and see the motor and parts inside the system (some vendors show the internal of the dryer at Expo).

you won't want the scissors arm to be swinging around and break during strong wind (not that i am expecting a thunderstorm or typhoon..)
Wind-Resistant-blue.png.a74ccc94f54faddfc6e4b0badd992c2c.png

Was confused between their Solar vs Solar S model as the specs seems exactly the same except the difference in the colossal weight - 30KG vs 35KG.
I know, I know. nobody does a 35KG load of laundry at one shot. But you know - sometimes those army uniforms, field bags, combat boots and etc all weigh a ton after washing.

Therefore, we felt that more is always better than less in this case.

Solar Model:
Solar.PNG.f068281cbf45c5942af0582686faded9.PNG

Solar S Model:
SolarS.PNG.135915a68ac56c1cf8c46967267105a0.PNG

Comparing Laundry System vs Dryer:
Steigen2.JPG.810d17de244b31985d0311019897bbad.JPG

Hope I don't sound like a salesman for this product, just sharing about this item if anyone is looking to get a laundry system. :D

Over the weekend, the person came for site consultation and it can fit nicely in my small service yard.
Best of all, the uncle (Mr Hong) is very knowledgeable about his product and electrical stuffs. He said that my Main Circuit Breaker (MCB) switches needs upgrading as all newer flats are usually B10, sad to say my BTO project provides us with only B6.

B6 = 6A rating
B10 = 10A rating

5963298a21696_CircuitBreaker.JPG.99156ac45a6564a6df283eb72a6917e7.JPG

For those who are unaware of what S1 S2 S3 are, they are the lighting point around your house.
So all the lighting points will link to either of these Circuit Breaker switches. Apparently P1 P2 P3 are more for electrical outlets. (learnt something from Mr Hong, true anot I don't know. anyone can verify?)

Certain household appliances (eg. air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers) need a higher wattage (a lot more power) so they require circuit breakers of higher ratings, usually 20A.  Less power hungry devices like our televisions, lightings, computers can have circuit breakers of lower ratings, typically 10A or 16A.

Replacing these would help prevent my house from tripping due to the low Amp for my lightings, although i'm running mostly LED lights and shouldn't be an issue. But better to do all these at the initial stage right?

Need some advice from fellow renotalkers:

1) Anyone here uses vinyl flooring for your living and bedroom ONLY?
2) Anyone here using vinyl flooring for whole house (incl. Kitchen) ?

Why? Because I have some concerns using vinyl in the kitchen due to cooking/frying.
We were considering to overlay the current HDB Kitchen Tiles to a matching tile of my vinyl flooring since most contractors doesn't recommend hacking due to waterproofing issues and cost. Not sure why, but we really don't like the original tiles... :o

Will there be any implication given that the cement screed height will be increased? There are some rumors saying that it affect the bombshelter door, etc...
any input would be greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:

Edited by Clarence Lye