Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

13 hours ago, matchalatte said:

lol how come? sorry i havent been really going around reading and commenting on blogs. i hardly ever logged in until i collected my keys. you mean 7th mth subcons all not working?

not really. at first we wanted to postpone and start after the 7th mth, but after thinking for awhile - since we started some reno works already, it makes no difference.
But our ID slot are pretty full, so they can't slot us for any reno during 7mth. So have to wait loh. no choice.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We were looking for coffee table over the weekend and saw this at courts for $299.
Not bad as it also function as a dining/computer table when you lift it up.

Weird thing is, you have to pay $59 for delivery.. crazy.
But if you buy online, it's free delivery. Make no sense at all because the sales girl told us it's because we pay for the service rendered at their store. I gave them the "are you kidding me" kind of look as there is 0 service provided. No one attended to me after loitering around the table for more than 20mins and even after we sat down the sofa. :bangwall:

CoffeeTable1.JPG.97f2b322fb4dcb722d48e91835e28783.JPGCofeeTable2.JPG.f866d69a63f709d99eb7994df44a162f.JPG

Also purchased the Eames replica chair from fortytwo as they are having sale now. $49.00 $24.90 each. No point getting from taobao because fortytwo is cheaper now.
This chair is very common among many home users I believe.. :wub:
59accf1d893cc_EamesChair.jpg.84616ed79f173cb19cf5d92f5edcceb8.jpg59accf1e25140_EamesChair2.jpg.32cf1fcdb96059110c1ae7c8fa394d2f.jpg

Our updated 3D for master toilet is up as well, the shower featured wall looks abit weird in my opinion. Shall see how it goes.
59acccf9dadc4_MBRUpdated3D.JPG.bc4ec302fcd160d559f5875e02c1af59.JPG
We are going down to finalise all our drawings/laminates this Tuesday and officially starting the whole reno on 18th.

Hope it will progress well. :unsure:
Anyone know where can i buy all these black toilet accessories (it's all the smooth rubbery finish kind) like the black tray and container to put tissue or soap dispenser?
rubber-coated-black-bath-accessories.jpg.cbf3e007237c084dfdc018412e456be2.jpg

Edited by Clarence Lye

On 22/08/2017 at 4:59 PM, Clarence Lye said:

hi @fingerscross,

Thanks.
Actually, r&r is doing majority of the reno. I sub-con out the kitchen hacking works only.
And yes, their main selling point to me is their lifetime warranty which no other IDs offer. The closest i found is absolook with 5years.

Given that I am intending to live there long-term, i am looking something substainable as well. I don't wish to be having any headache in years to come when things are damaged due to poor workmanship or carpentry works.

Depends on how much reno you are doing and what's your budget, they can roughly work things out. But do note, it will always exceed your budget.
My initial budget was about 42-45k, then time goes by, you will have new ideas/plan that you want to add/amend. That's where the cost start to snowball.

But 75-80k range is on the extreme high side, and for that amount you can reno a whole 5room flat. I yet to see how good their workmanship is, so i can't comment for now. I do hope it's good given the "premium" price that we paid, compared to other IDs/Contractors.

Hi Clarence, can share the contact for the kitchen hacking? Most IDs I spoke to says that it cost alot for these works and use it as an excuse for extending the time needed to finish renovation. Many thanks!

On 9/5/2017 at 5:02 PM, maverik said:

Hi Clarence, can share the contact for the kitchen hacking? Most IDs I spoke to says that it cost alotfor these works and use it as an excuse for extending the time needed to finish renovation. Many thanks!

Hi @Maverik

sure, PM-edyou.
However if you're just doing kitchen alone ,i'm not sure if he's willing to take it up as the project/earning is too minimal.

I will PM you two contact.

Updates on the detail drawings, selected all the paint and laminates for the whole house.

59b00452d6e42_PaintPlan.PNG.15b2d2f5c832f799a7d899f4226f2855.PNG

This is for our lego display cabinet and tv featured wall:
59b0045572eba_LivingDetails.PNG.34a8f1f6e541b3bec3dd0dc12c209da5.PNG

Kitchen laminates and layout:
59b004542993b_KitchenDetails.PNG.9228ea0a9b24487138db85d7f7f1c6d0.PNG

Master bedroom walkin wardrobe, platform bed and toilet:
59b0044fe199a_MBRWardrobe.png.81ca53f7bfddff24af5ed4d8fa277887.png

59b0045878833_MBRToilet-Details.PNG.16a74b818762e293991876b101a36482.PNG

59b00456e734d_MBR-Details.PNG.5ca4996abb30175ab976af7d10795127.PNG

Painting will start on the 18th, couldnt wait to see how the whole house will look like.

The overall feel of the house will have this neutral, greyish tones aka the 50shades of grey kind with different shading of greys and wood grains finishing.
till then...

Edited by Clarence Lye

love your paint colors! i'm also using different shades of grey and i'm quite anxious. because i don't know how the color will end up in the end, will the color look darker/lighter/totally different? 

8 hours ago, matchalatte said:

love your paint colors! i'm also using different shades of grey and i'm quite anxious. because i don't know how the color will end up in the end, will the color look darker/lighter/totally different? 

Same! But we just bite the bullet and went ahead! *haha*

Was worried that the whole house will look too greyish. But i think with some mixture of different hues should be fine.

41 minutes ago, purplegirafffe said:

Love the paint colours too, I really like the neutral/grey palette too^^ looking forward to end product!

@matchalatte I had all those worries too~ Asked my contractor and he said it'll be 98% accurate to what you see in the paint catalogue haha. Painting is now almost done and I'm glad to say he was right - colours really turned out pretty much how it looks in the book!

Thanks! 

I also downloaded the nippon visualiser app and try out. Looks ok and not too overly grey.

*Finger cross*

Edited by Clarence Lye

@purplegirafffe i didnt look at the book though! i rem flipping through it once and didnt see the colors i wanted. if im not wrong the book was called "color my world" and they had very limited colors. unless nippon has other catalogs i dont know about? i chose the ones from "color creations". then again maybe i should have compared those in the book vs the ones on nippon's website :o

@Clarence Lye yes i have that app too! but so finicky to use and it doesnt really "paint" well. cant wait to see how yours turn out, i know its gonna be gorgeous! btw i see you chose 8 colors! your ID gave unlimited choices? my contractor only gave 5.

21 minutes ago, matchalatte said:

@purplegirafffe ididnt look at the book though! iremflipping through it once and didnt see the colors i wanted. ifim not wrong the book was called "color my world" and they had very limited colors. unlessnippon has other catalogs idont know about? i chose the ones from "color creations". thenagain maybei should have compared those in the book vs the ones on nippon's website :o

@Clarence Lye yes i have that app too! but so finicky to use and it doesnt really "paint" well. cant wait to see how yours turn out, i know its gonna be gorgeous! btw i see you chose 8 colors! your ID gave unlimited choices? my contractor only gave 5.

Heh.. never really "restrict" us on the colour or ask us to topup.. i hope not.
Just check through the contract and it's UNLIMITED. No wonder we just select without even considering that we have colours limitation. :rolleyes::yeah:

FullSizeRender.jpg.785ba29ecd329814cdfab62a947de73b.jpg

@purplegirafffe

I feel that viewing on the website is so much more easier to visualise. Cos you can click in they show you the whole wall with some furnishing. It only shows the colour creation series.

http://www.nipponpaint.com.sg/colours/colour-paint-chart/colour-creations/timeless-off-whites/

Edited by Clarence Lye

56 minutes ago, purplegirafffe said:

@Clarence Lye Ohh didn't realise the website shows pics with the whole wall, if not I would have compared as well! I tried the Nippon app too but somehow the colours came out weird when I tried to "paint" on real pics heh. 

@matchalatte Hmm then how did you select the colours? Yup I think it's the "colour my world" one. Our contractor let us select from Dulux too so I guess that broadened the selection slightly! 

so your paint is Dulux or Nippon series? 
There are some lovely colours in Dulux too. 

We are looking to paint momento (Granite Glint MS149) for our MBR bedhead from Prestige Painting (anyone tried them before?), so it will look like this:

nippon-momento-silver-08-(ms-149-granite-glint)_thumb.jpg.07459b01df899307e819c4d569d3e557.jpg

It cost $8/sqft, my wall is about 7.2sqft x 8sq ft x $8 = $460.80.
I saw a few other momento painter at carousell, but their works and finishing isn't as good as this company. If i get Nippon direct it's about $780 for one wall and i'm not painting whole wall because it's covered by the wardrobe.

On 9/9/2017 at 11:22 PM, purplegirafffe said:

@Clarence Lye We selected from both in the end haha...mainly Dulux but a couple from Nippon cos Dulux didn't have certain shades that we wanted.

I see.. i never really explored Dulux colours. still a fan of Nippon. hahaha :paint:

Taobao Purchases

It's time to also update my taobao purchases, recently cart out my 1st batch - costing me ~ $1.5k! :jawdrop:
Not sure if it's too much or too little, usually taobao purchases from other t-bloggers seems to be quite high as well.

Here are my loots.
TB1.jpg.24ed9f86fd2c9f06ca66b9c126a0c14b.jpg

Edited by Clarence Lye

6 hours ago, Clarence Lye said:

Taobao Purchases

It's time to also update my taobao purchases, recently cart out my 1st batch - costing me ~ $1.5k! :jawdrop:
Not sure if it's too much or too little, usually taobao purchases from other t-bloggers seems to be quite high as well.

Here are my loots.

my first batch of stuff was also $1.5K! i think those lights and sanitary stuff are a killer. while they're cheaper than sg, they're not exactly very cheap also. i had my eye on the EVE bathroom shelf as well, but i think its kinda ex leh. its around 225rmb? probably translates to $40+. 

5 hours ago, matchalatte said:

my first batch of stuff was also $1.5K! i think those lights and sanitary stuff are a killer. while they're cheaper than sg, they're not exactly very cheap also. i had my eye on the EVE bathroom shelf as well, but i think its kinda ex leh. its around 225rmb? probably translates to $40+. 

haha.. yes, the EVE shelf is very expensive.. didn't bear to buy it but just go ahead because i can't find any other better ones that are 304.
And not to mention the price in SG.. it's like 3-4x more!

I am in the hunt of these black rubber matte looking toilet accessories/tray like this one below, but can't find any in taobao.. :~

images.jpg.4e22bc0b90c3f2bee3d86ec94b7568c1.jpg

How's your renogoing? never see much update on your thread.