Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

3 hours ago, Clarence Lye said:

haha.. yes, the EVE shelf is very expensive.. didn't bear to buy it but just go ahead because i can't find any other better ones that are 304.
And not to mention the price in SG.. it's like 3-4x more!

I am in the hunt of these black rubber matte looking toilet accessories/tray like this one below, but can't find any in taobao.. :~

images.jpg.4e22bc0b90c3f2bee3d86ec94b7568c1.jpg

How's your renogoing? never see much update on your thread.

im buying black bathroom accessories but sticking to the aluminium ones coz they're cheaper :( it seems like there are 3 types of materials - brass, stainless steel & aluminium for toiletries on tb. the 304 one is stainless steel? i wonder whether the aluminium ones are ok to use coz thats all i can afford now lol

yes regarding your matte black rubber toiletry set, i think they're not rubber but silicon. their glass water bottle with silicon covering is pretty common but i havent seen any toiletry sets like the one u posted. would you be looking at other alternatives? im crazy over anything marble looking these days and i think the black marble ones are not bad

IMG_1456.jpg

painting just started today! still coming to terms with how dark my living room is now, and the color definitely looks different from the website/app. my home looks like a hot mess right now, with reno garbage piled high in my living room else i would take some pics to share. your reno will continue after 7th mth? 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
12 hours ago, matchalatte said:

im buying black bathroom accessories but sticking to the aluminium ones coz they're cheaper :( it seems like there are 3 types of materials - brass, stainless steel & aluminium for toiletries on tb. the 304 one is stainless steel? i wonder whether the aluminium ones are ok to use cozthats all i can afford now lol

yes regarding your matte black rubber toiletry set, i think they're not rubber but silicon. their glass water bottle with silicon covering is pretty common butihavent seen any toiletry sets like the one u posted. would you be looking at other alternatives? im crazy over anything marble looking these days and i think the black marble ones are not bad

IMG_1456.jpg

painting just started today! still coming to terms with how dark my living room is now, and the color definitely looks different from the website/app. my home looks like a hot mess right now, with reno garbage piled high in my living room else i would take some pics to share. yourreno will continue after 7th mth? 

marble is nice butdoesnt suit my theme.:P
I bought the matt rubber spray.. so anything stainless steel or what i will spray it to become matt rubber black! HAhahaha :paint:

cant wait to see your pics. should be exciting.
My reno starting next week. (Painting, Carpentry)

7 hours ago, Clarence Lye said:

marble is nice butdoesnt suit my theme.:P
I bought the matt rubber spray.. so anything stainless steel or what i will spray it to become matt rubber black! HAhahaha :paint:

cant wait to see your pics. should be exciting.
My reno starting next week. (Painting, Carpentry)

Good idea on the rubber spray to give a matt rubber look. :good:

Any pictures how it turn out and which paint did you use ?? 

Edited by Songz

13 hours ago, Songz said:

Good idea on the rubber spray to give a matt rubber look. :good:

Any pictures how it turn out and which paint did you use ?? 

i haven try it. waiting for the item to arrive.

Initially i wanted to get EasySkinz, this brand is commonly use in spraying car rims or bike parts (use to ride a bike and DIY on spraying as well).
but the matte black ran out of stock.

So, i came across another brand which is equally good and has the same matte rubbery finish > PlasticDip (another brand use in the automotive industry and alot people uses it to spray rims.)

Here are some pics online on the finished product on a car rim.
F2TRFCTHXLMFIDL.MEDIUM.jpg.470248716eebfa7dc00a10d041fef5c8.jpg

If you happen to do it wrongly, don't worry. Just peel it off. :yeah:
auto-part-plasti-dip-peelable-rubber-paint-rubber-coating.jpg.4dbea5abb740fc0a7fe7de9b3407959f.jpg

Can buy it on redmart now (or qoo10):
https://redmart.com/product/plastidip-rubber-coating-aerosol-spray-black--112240?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvIGAhZeh1gIV1oloCh1fHASCEAQYASABEgJHCvD_BwE&s_kwcid=AL!931!3!211533529834!!!g!!&ef_id=WbigoAAABFzxKYwy:20170913030608:s

Edited by Clarence Lye

5 hours ago, matchalatte said:

wow that looks pretty amazing, like those peel off mask or nail polish (can only speak from my experience) haha. 

hahah yes yes.

I cant wait to try my hands on it. Actually the ikea soap bottle, dispenser, toothbrush holder and soap tray also quite nice, but it's in matte rubbery grey instead.
Link: http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/40291511/

ekoln-soap-dispenser-grey__0374742_PE553317_S4.JPG.b96083b2987762ec5c0fe03e76912d75.JPG

Update: I found this @ taobao: (link here)

TB2kH9rtVXXXXbUXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!15840625.jpg_600x600.jpg.a8f9b7b10e65c3183f3bdba3a2b392f2.jpg

Edited by Clarence Lye

Went to JB again over the weekend to purchase some items.

1) T5 LED Lightings
2) Momento Paint
3) Vento Fino 1 Fan

While browsing at i-decor lighting, we happen to chance upon a huge hardware store called 1 Living Depot at Mount Austin, it's like a supermarket for hardware tools. **** awesome. :wub:
We bought 1 momento set there, gonna try painting this at my kitchen "empty wall". The price is unbelievable cheap @ 139RM per set (Paint + Primer + Momento Brush set), i will be back there for my bosch drill / screw driver the next round!

DSC_0002.thumb.jpg.76f89a7482bf66fb25cab224263741b1.jpg

As the service @ i-decor is pretty bad (if you have visited you know), so I gave up after waiting for a long time and they didnt bother to commit my order for t5 and fino fan, we left.

We went to Yako Lighting Centre instead @ Sri Tebrau (near to KSL) to get my Fino 1 + T5 LEDs.
Highly recommended this shop, great service, friendly and good pricing. Best of all, they are responsive to any queries you want to ask via facebook or whatsapp, unlike i-decor which is forever uncontactable which turns me off. Bought this Fino fan for my walk in wardrobe, given that there is no ventilation or air going in that "mini room".. :huh:

Also asked for the RF module to connect to my cove light, so we can turn it on/off using my broadlink or remote. I dont want to have a situtation where no body wants to walk to the MBR entrance (where the switches are) to off the cove light because we are too lazy or tired. LOL. :horse:

fino_vento_1_ceiling_fan_nsb_1505582298_510dbb5e.jpg.dcfa5bd05b12ac9c328395dd3e8f1ec3.jpg

Yako Lighting Centre
399A, Jalan Tebrau Batu 3 1/2, Taman Majidee, 80250 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

1 Living Depot Sdn Bhd
No. 69, 71 & 73, Jalan Mutiara Emas 10/19, Taman Mount Austin, Johor, 81100 Johor Bahru, Malaysia

Edited by Clarence Lye

Great purchase! You plan to paint the momento paint yrself? Is it difficult to master coz I believe it will turn out ugly if you don't have the right skills..

Does the shop also sell the Fino II? How much is your Fino I? Thanks!

45 minutes ago, spikeling said:

Great purchase! You plan to paint the momento paint yrself? Is it difficult to master coz I believe it will turn out ugly if you don't have the right skills..

Does the shop also sell the Fino II? How much is your Fino I? Thanks!

The shop doesn't recommend anyone to buy fino because of the high cost.

Fino 1 @ 498
Fino 2 @ 930

they recommend me to get other model/brands such the ones below, but we both not interested. :help:
- Elmark P80
- Deka M3
- Deka M16

I called up a few stores in malaysia and Yako is one of the cheapest for Fino fans.

pardon my ignorance but whats so good about this fino fan that warrants such a high price? is it because of the shape ie. small & slanting? taobao has a similar one which is only $100+ 

LDBBmf2.jpg

paiseh i dont know anything abt ceiling fans :lol:

2 hours ago, matchalatte said:

pardon my ignorance butwhats so good about this fino fan that warrants such a high price? is it because of the shape ie. small & slanting? taobao has a similar one which is only $100+ 

LDBBmf2.jpg

paisehidont know anything abt ceiling fans :lol:

twoword - designer fan.

Hence the price.. :bangwall:

2 hours ago, matchalatte said:

pardon my ignorance but whats so good about this fino fan that warrants such a high price? is it because of the shape ie. small & slanting? taobao has a similar one which is only $100+ 

LDBBmf2.jpg

paiseh i dont know anything abt ceiling fans :lol:

the branding and design. plus if it falls, u can claim them until their pants drop.

If taobao one falls on yr head... count it as a free haircut... 

Edited by spikeling