Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
6 hours ago, infinity2015 said:

nice, nice. i also bought a few faucet from hg - metris series. wonder why u need axor parts ? mixer ?

hdb water pressure not so strong lei ....

Those are e basin taps and mixer shower tap for both toilet

i running on storage heater + im on the last floor, so shld be ok i hope?

Edited by Clarence Lye

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:29 PM, Clarence Lye said:

@matchalatte haha no pipes. becos my waste water will go downstairs, and downstairs will have the pipes. LOL. :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

And yes.. top floor ceiling is 2.8m. other floors are 2.6m.
actually top floor we bo hua, we pay more for top floor and we have to pay for box up cos there's no partition board. But at least no pipes. :lol:

Hi Clarence, please be aware that top floor units always have lower water pressure. You may want to check with your plumber first before getting your rain shower set.

10 hours ago, KFC1189 said:

Hi Clarence, please be aware that top floor units always have lower water pressure. You may want to check with your plumber first before getting your rain shower set.

whatttt........ for real? water pressure seems ok when i tested on the bidet spray?
i checked with hansgrohe and they say those i selected is for hdb use

1 hour ago, Clarence Lye said:

whatttt........ for real? water pressure seems ok when i tested on the bidet spray?
i checked with hansgrohe and they say those i selected is for hdb use

You can refer to the following article on water pressure in high rise buildings in Singapore.

https://www.aosbath.com/4-facts-about-hot-water-pressure-in-singapore/

Staying in the top floor certainly has many advantages such as higher ceiling, fewer waste pipes, better view, etc. but it also has several disadvantages like more prone to ceiling leakage, hotter roof, lower water pressure, more stairs to climb in case lift breaks down.

But as long as you are happy with these apparent "disadvantages", then there is no issue at all.

18 minutes ago, KFC1189 said:

You can refer to the following article on water pressure in high rise buildings in Singapore.

https://www.aosbath.com/4-facts-about-hot-water-pressure-in-singapore/

Staying in the top floor certainly has many advantages such as higher ceiling, fewer waste pipes, better view, etc. but it also has several disadvantages like more prone to ceiling leakage, hotter roof, lower water pressure, more stairs to climb in case lift breaks down.

But as long as you are happy with these apparent "disadvantages", then there is no issue at all.

i read that article before.. but newer flats shouldn't have that problem. I wanted to get AOS water heater but it was more than what i have budgetted for.. so end up gave up.
well, have to try to know.

But one thing i do realise is that the water pressure not consistent.
Sometimes it comes out weak for a minute, then suddenly the pressure got boost and it remains strong after that.

12 minutes ago, Clarence Lye said:

i read that article before.. but newer flats shouldn't have that problem. I wanted to get AOS water heater but it was more than what i have budgetted for.. so end up gave up.
well, have to try to know.

But one thing i do realise is that the water pressure not consistent.
Sometimes it comes out weak for a minute, then suddenly the pressure got boost and it remains strong after that.

Like I said if you are ok with the water pressure in your flat, then there is no issue.

I currently stayed in 6th floor. 25L joven water tank. cannot take bath in 2 toilets, otherwise water pressure will be half. Using hansgrohe rain shower head, very good quality. Hdb cannot compare to private water pressure, hence product cannot be used to max. Hansgrohe has really good quality product, drop many times, didn’t break or scratch....remember to take all the faucets with u when u sell the house ... lol 

Anyway, Going to stay top floor next time soon .... ao Smith digital with temperature control is a good choice. 

1 hour ago, infinity2015 said:

I currently stayed in 6th floor. 25L joven water tank. cannot take bath in 2 toilets, otherwise water pressure will be half. Using hansgrohe rain shower head, very good quality. Hdb cannot compare to private water pressure, hence product cannot be used to max. Hansgrohe has really good quality product, drop many times, didn’t break or scratch....remember to take all the faucets with u when u sell the house ... lol 

Anyway, Going to stay top floor next time soon ....ao Smith digital with temperature control is a good choice. 

does using a 35L helps? i bought the 35L model, but bath usually will be in 1 toilet  as only 2 of us will be staying in the house. 
Will be staying there at least 15-20 years, so don't think will be moving after 5years. By then no body will want the old and dirty stuffs. :rolleyes:

some updates from last night visit to the unit:

The mosaic tiles that we selected for our shower area wasn't LAID!
Not sure what the tiler are thinking, they wanna lay the mosaic at the top of the door area. (look at the unlaid area, they want to lay it there!)
IMG_6963.jpg.46a6b49713c83715004a1055871b62f3.jpgIMG_6962.jpg.52fd622436b09254cbd3c53892f599ac.jpgIMG_6966.jpg.a33baa3cc3e3a21cf3cf74cfe666ab0a.jpg 

I realise that the side of the edges of the tiles are quite hollow, hopefully they fill in more cement nearer to completion.
IMG_6965.jpg.c64acacedbfc627ef35bfc921f516790.jpg

To make things worst, they LEAN THE TILES on the MOMENTO WALL! :jail::jail:
IMG_3936.JPG.f29ea1d0efd4c107511bd236494ec5bc.JPG
We "issued" our ID one last warning and told her to inform all her contractors that if we found another damage to the momento, they going to bear the full cost to repaint it.
There's a small peel off, hole on the wall now. Luckily that area is covered by the platform bed, but not gonna let them off so easily for damaging the wall despite us telling them umpteen times! :fire::fire:IMG_6985.jpg.783238b2d397cdb8ddeff2d7188f4fcf.jpg

Today CityGas came to install the gas pipe and the tiler also fixed the feature wall.
IMG_3934.JPG.ead91b8b670e8a3cae55a8b91d0debd8.JPG

I not sure whether is it the mosaic tiles has no connecting pattern or the tilers anyhow put..:dunno:
IMG_3935.JPG.e44b871d54c539e41255c91afc3a5c9d.JPG

buti think it's random because on the website it looks like this:
VallsMosaicGrey.JPG.32fadc0d79efc5cf742b94f606d866d5.JPG

Edited by Clarence Lye

Your momento wall was nicely done. I like your pattern of the wall. May i know how you paint the momento to create this kind of pattern .  My criss cross pattern  doesn't look nice compare to your

1)Any link can share how to paint momento ?

2) Your momento is belong to which texture paint series ?  sparkle peal

15 hours ago, Jas28 said:

Your momento wall was nicely done. I like your pattern of the wall. May i know how you paint the momento to create this kind of pattern .  My criss cross pattern  doesn't look nice compare to your

1)Any link can share how to paint momento ?

2) Your momentois belong to which texture paint series ?  sparkle peal

Hi Jas28,

For my momento, I engaged someone to paint it because i know that i can't paint as nice too. At the same time, I treat it as a "lesson" because I still have a tin of new momento that i will be painting at my kitchen.
From what I learnt from the painter, don't do the usual criss cross, you need to do random strokes (up, down, left, right). and try to connect each strokes to the pattern.

The colour is from Sparkle Silver series - Granite Glint.

My tips for painting momento:
- make sure the wall is clean (no dirt, sand, dust) and is white in colour
- apply wall sealer Nippon 5170 x 1 coat
- apply momento primer (default primer is slightly thicker, if you want it to be not so thick and easier to paint, you can add a little bit of thinner to slightly dilute it)
- paint your momento colour

Regarding the momento "scrapper" in the tool kit, do note that this scrapper is only for all other series. except sparkle Gold/Silver/Pearl series.
It works best with the enhancer series.

Thanks , May i know how much to paint your wall size ? Can i have the contact of the momento painter ?

My bro i have try sparkle sliver and the result is no so impressive (wrong colour from nippon paint fault) then we overlay with premier and use elegant with the scraper . The result is more appealing than sparke sliver .

By the way the nippon pint sparkle series colour all mess up and we got ther wrong colour after purchase but can't change at other retail store.

They told us the 2016 colour for momento alot of complaint for wrong colour (sample and actual paint is different). If u want to buy in sg go to homefix . It is cheaper and if the colour is wrong you can change.

Edited by Jas28

Wow bro nice progress on your house. Waiting for my 5 room bto key collection in Dec, and like yourself I am going to do a display cabinet for my modular collection. (12 houses from market street to assembly square) how is your display cabinet going to open and close? By tic tac doors? 

On 10/13/2017 at 11:11 PM, Jas28 said:

Thanks , May i know how much to paint your wall size ? Can i have the contact of the momento painter ?

My bro i have try sparkle sliver and the result is no so impressive (wrong colour from nippon paint fault) then we overlay with premier and use elegant with the scraper . The result is more appealing than sparke sliver .

By the way the nippon pint sparkle series colour all mess up and we got ther wrong colour after purchase but can't change at other retail store.

They told us the 2016 colour for momento alot of complaint for wrong colour (sample and actual paint is different). If u want to buy in sg go to homefix . It is cheaper and if the colour is wrong you can change.

I bought from malaysia becos its 1/2 the price. Haha.

i can pm u my momento painter details

On 10/14/2017 at 10:36 AM, guohong said:

Wow bro nice progress on your house. Waiting for my 5 room bto key collection in Dec, and like yourself I am going to do a display cabinet for my modular collection. (12 houses from market street to assembly square) how is your display cabinet going to open and close? By tic tac doors? 

Cool. Finally a lego collector!

12 houses..! Wow gonna be a great challenge. I didnt buy that many modular becos i only have such a small space.

for 5room, u can make use of e “study” area to fully display all lego there and make it a lego gallery. Should be wide enough..?

my display cabinet will be all via the slot in acrylic kind with fixed glass panel at the sides.

didnt wanted tic tac door becos once the modulars are in.. i dont think i will change or do anything to it anymore. I initially wanted to make like how LCS display their items (they uses “hidden” hinges. But it eats up alot space all around the border.