Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I’ve yet to use it hehe but will let you know once I do! For amazon...you’re referring to the free shipping above $125 thing? I actually ordered 1 day after they stopped this service, so I managed to get them to waive the shipping for me:D But now that Prime will be available in SG hopefully it’ll be even easier to ship stuff!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
10 hours ago, purplegirafffe said:

I’ve yet to use it hehe but will let you know once I do! For amazon...you’re referring to the free shipping above $125 thing? I actually ordered 1 day after they stopped this service, so I managed to get them to waive the shipping for me:D But now that Prime will be available in SG hopefully it’ll be even easier to ship stuff!

ahhh.. so good!!

i wonder how much it will cost so ship it here. definitely cost a bomb because of its size and weight.
If it's too much,
i might just settle for the blum one instead. did a "checkout" to see how much, it cost about $50 over bucks for normal shipping. If item able to fit then it would be ok, but just afraid the item is not fitting enough then there's a gap on top.

http://connect.blum.com/files/memos/MEM010_ORG900_SG.pdf

Capture.JPG.e0da7199183f6abc6611e55dbd9f9e29.JPG

about 200 bucks for either option
Need to go measure my internal drawer size dimension tonight. 

Edited by Clarence Lye

Sign up for Amazon Prime SG! They have FSSG above S$60. And now it's only $2.99 a month, will be $8.99 a month next time, first month free.

It's really worth it, tons of Amazon US stuff to ship to singapore, plus 2 hour shipping in SG too, tried groceries and buying some stuff and it did come in 2 hours. The US side comes in 5-7 days I think. 

17 hours ago, bykaraanne said:

Sign up for Amazon Prime SG! They have FSSG above S$60. And now it's only $2.99 a month, will be $8.99 a month next time, first month free.

It's really worth it, tons of Amazon US stuff to ship to singapore, plus 2 hour shipping in SG too, tried groceries and buying some stuff and it did come in 2 hours. The US side comes in 5-7 days I think. 

waa.. can share? lol i dont really buy stuffs from amazon.
my last item i bought is the Echo Dot. ahhaha

18 hours ago, Clarence Lye said:

waa.. can share? lol i dont really buy stuffs from amazon.
my last item i bought is the Echo Dot. ahhaha

It’s the Singapore side one, u can always sign one month at $2.99 then unsubscribe? s$60 quite ok to hit for new homes. 

I would but u stay v far from me haha.

i use it to buy groceries etc also from Sg side and free amazon tv too :) 

small little update:

island countertop came yesterday, the island height suppose to increase to 80cm, but instead - nothing was done. The height is still at 75-76cm.

IMG_5134.JPG.3c61d5bd2b041f2b4ee84343a80f3133.JPG

The guys came to "place" the top on the island only, no adhesive was used at all. So practically, i can just lift the whole tabletop off the island table -.-

Anyway, here's the island on my momento wall:
IMG_5136.jpg.8dd51eaca9160d43726e9912a1949bcf.jpg

Closeup of the tabletop:
IMG_5137.jpg.9ea67a01150a1e3951cede33d211ead1.jpg

Made some noise and complains to Justin (contractor for tabletop) as my ledge wasn't installed yet! (delay from last week till now).
I questioned him yesterday where is my ledge top, he said his carpenter guys already went down and install already. Guess what, THEY INSTALL AT THE WRONG HOUSE. seriously faint..:fire::fire::fire:

So outstanding from Justin is:
- installation of my kompacplus top behind my dish rack
- installation of kompacplus top on top of washing machine
- touch up on island carpentry (alot of chips, scuffs, peeling off. edges are not painted yet as well)

we initially also requested for quotation from Justin regarding study table and shoe rack (to be placed outside the house), but it seems like he's not interested. Despite us chasing him multiple times for the quote/price, he didn't get back. I guess, it's time to move on.

Anyone has any contacts to intro?
I just need basic study table that is not fixed to the wall, tried looking off-shelve but it's not cheap too.

I'm looking for something similar to this kind:
Capture.JPG.7cbd87bb5dea2a50cbea3798f8f74cf2.JPG

just simple and plain. I be putting them at the corner of the study room to form a "L" shape study table.
Any suggestions would be grateful.

Thanks all and merry x'mas!

Edited by Clarence Lye

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:49 PM, Clarence Lye said:

IMG_5061.jpg.f8a4fa341d2d1dbee3ef68758849e8fd.jpg

IMG_5062.jpg

I think your kitchen counter top is too cluttered. Do you have any storage space in the bottom cabinet to store your kitchen knives, chopping boards and frying pans?

Edited by KFC1189

21 minutes ago, KFC1189 said:

I think your kitchen counter top is too cluttered. Do you have any storage space in the bottom cabinet to store your kitchen knives, chopping boards and frying pans?

there is, i temporary placed those stuffs there because my contractor haven fix my ledge.. :fire:

Edited by Clarence Lye

58 minutes ago, Ando Tadao said:

the 2nd one looks nice, but too costly @ 600+ each. i need two of them.
and i think the depth might not be enough to be a study table as  i have printer and desktop monitor..

Curtains are installed today by NST Curtain (find them familiar? they are all over your lift in every BTO block. haha)

I personally find their price and quality not bad, as compared to other vendors/curtain shops that i've visited.
Reasonable price and good quality.

Here are the pictures of Living, Study Room, Guest Room, Master Room:

IMG_5176.JPG.8a482fc46d75797e885a7effc00d991e.JPG
(Living Room: Day + Night Curtain)

IMG_5177.JPG.c437cd0855945967de27f4e0faab5feb.JPG
(Study Room: Venetian Blinds - we topped up for the better quality ones, they have 2 range)

IMG_5174.JPG.4d57087731295614a0b7f250ac7310da.JPG
(Guest Room: Standard roller blind)

IMG_5175.JPG.2dc80306a43a455647f301c49cef85ce.JPG
(Master Room: Day + night, same colour as living)

Btw, the rectification works are still not done by Justin.

1) island table height not yet increased
2) island carpentry works not yet touch up
3) island countertop not yet glue to the wood
4) kitchen ledge not fixed yet
5) washing machine ledge fixed but it was slanted, got pissed and told him to remove it. my wall is so ugly and damaged now. Have requested for him to paint and touch up the wall... (picture tomorrow)
6) common toilet door haven change, was promised glass door but came hard PVC acrylic door. -.- *Cheat money*

Le wife sent a nasty whatsapp msg to him on Saturday, telling him that if by Friday all these not fixed. We not paying the remaining as nothing is being completed and meet our needs.
can't believe that 1 x common toilet door, 1 x island, 1 x ledge need 2months...

Edited by Clarence Lye

Yesterday Justin came and fixed the ledge.

I personally feel his workmanship and follow up is totally unacceptable. :curse::curse: 
It's really what you pay and what you get. Oh well, cant be blame because R&R can't give me the price i want.
The price i paid for Door + Ledge + Island + Top = what R&R quote me for just the caesarstone tabletop. But this is the kind of quality you get loh. *sighs*

We gave him till Friday, if everything is not done. he will remove the ledge, patch up my wall, and not collect money from us (apart from the 50% we paid, which is worth it for the island price. :deal:)

Look at how bad the works are done, seriously.. it's just damaging and hurtful to the eyes. Oh well, it's Wednesday, 2 more days.
the support wooden plank is shorter than my ledge, that one i just give in. Dont want to argue with him anymore.

IMG_5190.JPG.cd64833a608ee99ce5a2c1ab28920df6.JPG
IMG_5194.JPG.bda6a5b6b2d8ade50bc46237d5890b7c.JPG
(OMG! look at the edges of the "support table")

IMG_5195.JPG.f04dbc52ef875821bed18b2e4d887a0c.JPG
(gaps everywhere, it's not flushed and clean. :fire:)

IMG_5192.JPG.f35755d25e5bab1e80ae79dd9af98167.JPGIMG_5193.JPG.34abd140595252ffc6b4de33724b657b.JPG
(screws missing underneath)

IMG_5191.JPG.81fb5d22f5065d8d5a34f5aff18ca633.JPG
(incorrect screw used, the screw can't be fully tighten)

This is the area where the "wrongly cut" ledge suppose to be, on top of the washing machine.
When he came to fix it on Saturday, his carpenter didnt show up. (kenna play out i guess).

So he DIY and installed the ledge. Given the ledge is abit lengthy and heavy, how can someone just fix it blindly without even using the water level tool to check if it's straight? So i was chilling by the sofa doing my stuffs and check on him after he's done. (should have eye on him..)

First thing i saw, the whole ledge is not balance, then between the ledge and bracket the gap is so huge.
53570106709__CF28B382-1D33-4C1D-9EF6-48FE166809FF.JPG.fea4cdebfe0da1f5ca1abbfd0e18c6b0.JPG
(look at the gap between his bracket and the top)

Then, screw holes not straight. Lastly, the wall plug (the plastic they put into the wall so the screw can screw in) can be just easily removed when i use my hands to pull it out.
53570100752__8B8BC880-10D9-4613-A31E-EDEC31BAAAF2.JPG.618dafb4d2f3e54f23e7ecc0cd7f4dce.JPG53570098225__D2AACF3C-8A70-48B9-AC04-DC20CD6A7EBB.JPG.74b87a92c7445de73bd81d82404a4b7a.JPG
(How is this straight to anyone? I dont even need my water level tool to check if the ledge is straight, just have to look at the screws!)

Seriously? Am i suppose to accept this? I can remove the whole screw+wall plug with just my fingers and you call that a ledge? What can it support? Ants maybe?
Got so pissed that i removed everything myself and tell him this is not working. He can have back the ledge.

And to top it off, he SCREW it through the top and then "trim" off the screw part at the top and plaster it with wall putty -.-
Seriously OMG to the max. 8|
53570105938__D1A5129E-C0A9-453D-BF95-708C785ECC45.JPG.bd866cdc27ad8a342843cd45972bc5c3.JPG

My vision of how a ledge should look is something like the picture below, just that it's in kompacplus top and wider and deeper base.
2.jpg.c521fee9bb32d9a7acf9de27ba6322e9.jpg

Edited by Clarence Lye

I am sorry to hear your quality issues. It seems to me your carpenter was trying to rush through your job and forgot to patch up any mistake that they made.

Edited by KFC1189