Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Laying of kitchen tiles completed today:

image1.JPG.e729db03d92bd422b4596585a957a37a.JPG

image2.JPG.6f5b278891ddff9fcf06829f66a75d51.JPG

Was so glad that Javen throw in the metal floor trap that we wanted for both of the holes at the kitchen. :wub:
image3.JPG.67c39bebd0b50f2135fca9d9fd3d6c0f.JPG

Finished Product:
image4.JPG.8a3093851d654dce6916a9a132073b8c.JPG
image5.JPG.95b560d3f645ac3be1b7f9c9263b1dc4.JPG
image6.JPG.7d6c72261c295bd5cc5dcbb85750ae1b.JPG

For those wondering what are all the black thing on the wall, it's actually like a layer of "sand" to help with cement screed of the walls to last longer and hold stronger. Never heard of this, but who cares as long it works and after product is good! :lol:

Btw, It feels like cement mix with sand. Closeup of it:
image1.JPG.78004071e9b4be1231d934a4703311d0.JPG

Next up will be:
- floor cement screeding by HDB in preparation for my vinyl floor
- cementscreeding of the black walls in the kitchen to look like this:
11.jpg.993c7d522c754a352533a32a39a44997.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 7/24/2017 at 10:43 AM, Clarence Lye said:

We recently went to I-Decor Lightings @ JB to shop for lightings and Fan, we didn't visit the famous and fame Tampoi lighting because their prices are 2-3x more! (wedid went down to survey and exited the store in less than 5mins. Asked a few items and we know everything is being marked up. we just got turned-off.)

Eg: For the same ceiling fan that we bought, Tampoi is selling @ >500RM whereas i bought it at only 280rm. -.-

We bought a couple of items:

- Track for Track Light (didnt manage to get any track light bulbs as the design i wanted were out of stock)
- 5050 LED Strips
- Rubine Vetta Ceiling Fan (for our bedroom)
- Toilet Lights

Spend over 1200RM in total as we bought alot of LED strips (wardrobe x 2, living room display, kitchen cabinet, toilet mirror, etc) and drivers as well.

For those who are keen to get your lights or fans from JB, I highly recommend I-Decor @ Mt Austin area, address below:

Open 11AM - 9PM Daily (Closed on Wed) 
Address: Taman Mount Austin, 27,29,31, Jalan Mutiara Emas 10/19, 81100, Johor Bahru, Johor, 81100, Malaysia
Phone+60 7-295 1389

59756055bb3bf_TrackLightTrack.jpg.6c4728f71ea763cc5df9f9b6ea5e0b7f.jpg59755e0738d1b_RubineVetta.png.7e57c7ae0862a25c5b07dccd73ef98b5.png

597560aba4f74_LEDDriver.jpg.c1f59f2ce4b8a9c6de1de6461f68d1f1.jpg597560ae20704_5050LED.JPG.b577b82fef27e1c68161fbdce11b2778.JPG59755e4dcd1f3_ToiletLight.jpg.a0610e31ae4eb35eaf6878fa01fe9caf.jpg

Updates to defect checks:

went down last Saturday to review the defects, sad to say they created new scratches on my main door. :bangwall:

Door1.JPG.41948d4c169b01831bcb8bba0cb56aa0.JPG

However, for most of the remaining they are fixed. Can't be that particular anymore so let it passed for alot of things.
Manage to get them to polish my laundry pole at service yard as it was filled with rust and spot stains. (didnt took a photo)
They took the 3M scortchbrite, spray it with WD40 and polish it. Maybe i can DIY it myself next time round.

Anyway, the poor contractor-painter (i call him painter) had to touch up the door and "draw" the grains of the door.
He spent over 1hr to touch up. :paint:
No matter how good artist he is, the scratches are still visible at an angle and you can feel it when you touch it.

Door2.JPG.0da10d6ce27d0913631ee2c2603c45ba.JPGDoor3.JPG.a0e3c19875680898ca8e882a1101fdf0.JPGDoor4.JPG.f2f96c4727f586c515f4728abd380a05.JPG

(might not be obvious here, because the image are scaled down and not as "high res" as what's on my phone...)
Went down back to BSC and told them that they scratch the door and painting doesn't help. I want them to change the door. As my hacking of kitchen gonna commence on Wed, they need to rectify my door latest Tuesday. :fire:

thanks! just what i need :) 

and let there be light!!

Hi all, I heard that if buying fans from JB they won't have guarantee, plus also won't have trust mark or something like that which is necessary for insurance claims if anything goes wrong. Is that really a big problem? Or very small chance of issues occurring and the cost savings more than make up for it. Thanks!

14 minutes ago, JayT said:

Hi all, I heard that if buying fans from JB they won't have guarantee, plus also won't have trust mark or something like that which is necessary for insurance claims if anything goes wrong. Is that really a big problem? Or very small chance of issues occurring and the cost savings more than make up for it. Thanks!

Hi @JayT

you mean JB won't guarantee? not true. my fan all come with warranty (i think 1 or 2years..)
Trust mark ? I think you might be referring to PSB approved sticker, i don't know if there's any PSB approve sticker on my fan as i don't really bother about it as fans are usually quite safe so long installation is done properly. 

PSB sticker is just to certify that the brand/product has completed and meet the required testing by PSB, and it's also conducted on a random selection basis not on all of the product.
If that is your concern, then likely you will have to get it from Singapore at 2-3x the cost.

Most of us here get fans/lights from JB or Taobao and been using it without issues. Afterall.. most of our products sold here are also either from Malaysia or Taobao. 
Hope that helps. :unsure:

21 hours ago, JayT said:

If you buy from JB and there is any issue with the fan, u will have to dismantle the unit and bring back JB to claim warranty. I bought my Crestar fan in Singapore. I have already activated Crestar servicing 4x within 2 months. Maybe I am unlucky or the brand is of very poor quality.

2 hours ago, CJES said:

If you buy from JB and there is any issue with the fan, u will have to dismantle the unit and bring back JB to claim warranty. I bought my Crestar fan in Singapore. I have already activated Crestar servicing 4x within 2 months. Maybe I am unlucky or the brand is of very poor quality.

wow.. that bad? If buying from local i would get a more comon/reputable brand like Fanco, Elmark or KDK.
I hope my Rubine fan is good, as it's quite popular in M'sia.

Maybe your product is faulty to begin with, i saw one thread also mentioning about crestar fan.

6 hours ago, JayT said:

Thanks @Clarence Lye! Definitely will go buy from JB then, 2-3x in SG really not worth it.

you can visit the shop that i posted above. 
NEVER go to Tampoi Lighting.. super cut throat price. :fire::fire:

If you have the spare time (if driving), you can go ask them for the price at Tampoi, then go to the shop i recommend and see the difference! :dribble:

Anyone got any lobang for constructing the door entrance kerb?
I want to lay with my remaining kitchen tiles, current tiler don't wanna do.

Not sure how much this will cost as i forgot to include this when doing my kitchen.... :~:~:~:~:~:~

On 8/4/2017 at 9:08 PM, spooky said:

Why tiler don't want to do?? :(

because he done with the kitchen already.. asking him come back and do one entrance kerb and he's charging me $400!!! :fire:

anyway, with the help of my neighbour I managed to get his contractor to help me do up the kerb @ $130. Very good deal and it was done at 7pm on Sat! 
Can you imagine all the hacking and cutting of tiles - how noisy it is. Kind of illegal but it was all done very fast within 1.5hrs and the cutting of tiles was done inside the bomb shelter. The noise reduced by at least 200%! Super Amaze!  :D

Here's the end product:
tile1.jpg.0acb6f6042807f6431d13686f144b5f4.jpgtile2.jpg.64a2469f578a3dbb472096ac04a69422.jpg

tile3.jpg.869e1ef9822da9a60b505c2cb8b7e025.jpgtile6.jpg.85f690b0b05b7cbbb52cbf58a41382c5.jpg

this is the gap between the entrance kerb and gate, left some clearance space.
tile5.jpg.378e52b7892062c5224b71728bc0fa89.jpg.b11709c8dff6ea736600dce5151ac0a7.jpg

My service yard window and slim grille was also installed by U-gate.
The quality of their products not that good in my opinion.. I  am waiting for them to come back and rectify/change the grille for me as there are scratches!! 8|
window.jpg.92aa20dc38d835ef348579976483ad42.jpg
g1.jpg.de9cc6e3ce9e150f3e94c34df4f84ca3.jpgg2.jpg.88687316fe9c36a72ee670d669d5af47.jpg

Edited by Clarence Lye

Help required here - not sure if i'm doing too much electrical works or the cost of electrical is too sky high... :help:

anyone can review and advise? I don't really understand the drawings too.

Based on my memory:

Living:
- Install Foyer Lights
- Install Track Lights
- Install LED Lights and Switch
- Install 6 x 13A Sockets (TV Featured Wall Area) [will be replacing this to my eubiq track instead, too costly as 1 socket point is $85)
- Relocate Lan, SCV Port (not sure why he wrote 2 LAN point on the drawings)
- Install 13A x 2 Socket near the Kitchen entrance
- Install 1 x 13A Socket (the switch outside bedroom 3)
- replace all existing switch to the switch i will be providing

Kitchen:
- Install track light
- Install cooker, hob, fridge, oven switch and power point
- Install Top and Bottom Cabinet LED strips
- Relocate Service Yard Point closer to the beam for the laundry system
- Install 2 x 13A socket underneath the lourve window (common toilet)
- pull wiring for eubiq track at wall area between kitchen and service yard

Bedroom 3:
- install ceiling light
- install 2 x 13A Socket
- pull wiring for eubiq track for the future study table

Bedroom 2:
- install ceiling lights
- ignore the lighting drawing for the wardrobe as we decided to scrap the idea for putting lights there

Master Bedroom:
- install cove light
- install 4 x downlight
- relocate switches (due to sliding glass door, my masterbed room door have to change to opening the other direction)
- install track light in walkin-wardrobe
- install LED strips for both side of the wardrobe
- install LED strips for bedhead
- pull wiring for eubiq track at bedhead

Common Toilet:
- install toilet light
- remove extra lighting point

Master Toilet:
- install toilet light
- install LED strips for mirror
- install 1 x 13A socket for mirror

(apologies for the poor resolution, it's extracted from the what'sapp image)

El2.JPG.c61a19fcf1a912cc3d46e178db5eb237.JPG

EL1.JPG.cdcbb17e0837e364d36c160bc7d98e71.JPG

Any help or advise is much appreciated, thanks!

Box-ing up of my Service yard Pipe (1 of them, the other one will be concealed by carpentry that is flush with the top/bottom cabinet) using the calcium silicate is completed:
For box-ing up of wet area (toilet/kitchen), it's recommended to use calcium silicate as it can withstand better moisture as compared to the normal partition board material.

abit regret for not box-ing up the area below the common toilet window because I wanted to install  the concealed power socket there to use with dyson.. but too late now. :~

Taking Measurement
box1.JPG.9af6c671b248df9dc0513765cc9c8041.JPG

Putting up the "frame"
box2.JPG.b1a40900565441d3e9c0e049a534dd6e.JPG

After installation:
box3.JPG.3533eca8fbae2f05be154fbdda3b97bc.JPGbox4.JPG.d5b417db456107295963a1175529bf62.JPG

box5.JPG.943aab43920ded65f0f080496cb93ced.JPG

On 10/08/2017 at 10:27 AM, Clarence Lye said:

Help required here - not sure if i'm doing too much electrical works or the cost of electrical is too sky high... :help:

Based on my memory:

Living:
- Install Foyer Lights
- Install Track Lights
- Install 6 x 13A Sockets (TV Featured Wall Area) [will be replacing this to my eubiq track instead, too costly as 1 socket point is $85)

Kitchen:
- Install track light

Bedroom 3:
- install ceiling light
- install 2 x 13A Socket

Bedroom 2:
- install ceiling lights
- ignore the lighting drawing for the wardrobe as we decided to scrap the idea for putting lights there

Master Bedroom:
- install cove light
- install 4 x downlight
- relocate switches (due to sliding glass door, my masterbed room door have to change to opening the other direction)

Common Toilet:
- install toilet light

Master Toilet:
- install toilet light

your electrical way too ex. double point $55 single 50$ hood point oven point $95 hack n conceal $120/hack. nego with your ID

On 8/10/2017 at 10:27 AM, Clarence Lye said:

Based on my memory:

Living:
- Install Foyer Lights
- Install Track Lights

Kitchen:
- Install track light

Bedroom 3:
- install ceiling light
- install 2 x 13A Socket

Bedroom 2:
- install ceiling lights

Master Bedroom:
- install cove light
- install 4 x downlight

Common Toilet:
- install toilet light

Master Toilet:
- install toilet light

bro too ex le... the one i'm using charge me single point $55, double point $65. My light point is $35.

let me know if you want my contact.