Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of completing the purchase an original condition 2-storey inter-terrace (built-up 2100sqft). Is anyone able to advise on the estimated cost of extending the rear (kitchen and 2nd storey) and adding another bathroom? The house is at least 30 yrs old and in need of doing up, wondering if a budget of $300k will be sufficient.

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
10 hours ago, Eastie2017 said:

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of completing the purchase an original condition 2-storey inter-terrace (built-up 2100sqft). Is anyone able to advise on the estimated cost of extending the rear (kitchen and 2nd storey) and adding another bathroom? The house is at least 30 yrs old and in need of doing up, wondering if a budget of $300k will be sufficient.

Thanks!

Hi, I own a big corner terrace too. I think it is best to engage an architect or a builder to provide you with a quotation after a survey is done. 

13 hours ago, Eastie2017 said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

should be enough.As u might need to do pilling for the extension.

It really depends on the amount of area of your extension. Also, if the house is >30 years old, it may probably need some works on the roof, unless it has been changed before. Do make sure the builder includes an architect who can advise on how much you can extend while still complying with building regulations. PM me if you want a builder's contact I have worked with before, his rates is quite competitive but you do your own homework to compare quotes.

We did something similar recently, this budget is doable subject to the overall scope of works such as changing roof, upgrade the electricity supply etc. I can pm you my builder if required. Thanks

On 4/13/2017 at 8:38 AM, KFC1189 said:

Hi, I own a big corner terrace too. I think it is best to engage an architect or a builder to provide you with a quotation after a survey is done. 

Thanks

I just completed my reno and did the same thing, build up 3 storey and extended my kitchen in the rear. Budget will depend on few factors, e.g. do you need to pile or just normal base( which I did), the area you are adding etc. I did the design myself and engage the contractor and the structural engineer to do submission. As long as you do not change the façade or add more than 50% of total area, you can consider it A&A, else it will be treated as a rebuild. In which case, you will incur higher submission fee etc.

On 03/05/2017 at 10:51 PM, YeoTL said:

I just completed my reno and did the same thing, build up 3 storey and extended my kitchen in the rear. Budget will depend on few factors, e.g. do you need to pile or just normal base( which I did), the area you are adding etc. I did the design myself and engage the contractor and the structural engineer to do submission. As long as you do not change the façade or add more than 50% of total area, you can consider it A&A, else it will be treated as a rebuild. In which case, you will incur higher submission fee etc.

Hi , can u pm me ur contractor ? Thanks

On 4/12/2017 at 10:28 PM, Eastie2017 said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Our budgets worked out to be about $320psf after some good PR to the builders from my hubby to include more premium marble and some other oak flooring materials.