Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
belle

Franke Soap Dispenser

Hi has anyone bought and used a Franke kitchen countertop soap dispenser? I have one installed on my kitchen countertop and it has been used on and off for one year 3 months.

Recently on feeling the hole of the spout where the soap is dispensed, I find that there is some rough spot next to the hole that seems to indicate corrosion. I tried to clean it off but it can't be cleaned off.

I then called the Franke office to complain about the quality and all I got from the sales manager is that the Franke Soap dispenser is not covered by a warranty and in the past few years when they have been selling it, they have not received any complaints and blames the corrosion on contamination by water.

Now if a soap dispenser is not in contact with water and sponge, what is it for on the countertop? I find that pretty ludicrous. If there has been no complaint in the past, does it mean that the first complaint should not receive any attention? THis item is also not the sink where sometimes customers may misuse it. For goodness sake, it is just a soap dispenser and who would be pouring unsuitable stuff on it?

There is also no attempt to help or suggest a free or discounted replacement of the part and the response is to blame the customer first. I consider it very poor customer service from a reputable brand. If this is the type of quality and customer service I can expect from Franke, I don't see why I should pay more for a brand and should have chosen some cheapo no brand item from any kitchen shop.

The best part is the person I spoke to is the sales manager and he said there is no higher person in charge. I then ask to speak to the general manager to complain about his poor customer service and I was told to call back in a week when he is back.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i am using the same item.. maybe i go home and check.. not sure whether there is any corrosion... thanks for sharing

guess maybe cheap item they dont warranty it? :yamseng:

Well. cheap is relative. I don't think a Franke soap dispenser is considered cheap. You can see the quality of the brand and the attention to detail from the smaller items. Anyways, it's very disappointing. Good thing I didn't buy their sink!