Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mynameissine

Hi all. I would like a realistic reno price for 3room new HDB flat

Hi everyone. first time buy home. I know it sound silly but I would like to ask what's a realistic renovation price for 3rm flat.

I only need a rough estimation of the renovation price before the contractor can come over to make a more accurately measurement. If possible, I would like to keep it between 10k~15k.

This is a new flat. Basically nothing.

What I need is:
1) There is no flooring. So we will need flooring for the living room and 2 rooms. Just normal white ceramic tiles.
2) Kitchen table top with cabinet, installation of hob and hood, kitchen sink. For kitchen table top, do let me know the price for (i) quartz material (ii) acrylic material (we will buy hob and hood)
3) Toilet: heater, shower head, sink and mirror. (we will buy heater and shower head)
4) Aluminum pole installation on room toilet and living room
5) Elelctrical wiring and lighting (We will buy the lights)
6) Paint job
7) A shelf to put TV on top

For the time being just a rough idea for these first.

Sorry for such a stupid question but can master bedroom's toilet bowl be removed and cover up? Just asking. lol.

thanks all.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

mine's also a 3 room BTO, due to collect keys soon. spoke to 20 contractors & IDs and heres what i can estimate :

1. no idea for this as my flooring is already done but usually its ard 4.50/psf for homogenous tiles?

2. top & bottom kitchen usually between 110/130pfr. more expensive ones might come with internal colored PVC or blum/excel hinges. table top normal quartz standard series around 110-120psf, by acrylic i think u mean solid surface? im usually quoted around 90/psf.

3. no idea abt asking them to provide toilet accessories but installation itself shd b around 120 to install a storage heater or 2 instant heaters, 120 to install all other toilet accessories.

4. what is it for? 

5. for lighting pt it shd b between 30-45 each, installation of light depends on what kind. normal ceiling light shd be 10-12 each. 

6. painting for 3 room BTO im quoted around 1200 + additional 200-300 for the doors, frames, pipe etc. so will come up to ard $1500. if you think its too ex i would also recommending outsourcing, find yr own painter.

7. tv console between 150-300 pfr. 

finally, toilet bowl can be removed. shdnt be a prob to cover up but its better you ask yr contractor/ID or HDB. 

7 hours ago, matchalatte said:

mine's also a 3 room BTO, due to collect keys soon. spoke to 20 contractors & IDs and heres what i can estimate :

1. no idea for this as my flooring is already done but usually its ard 4.50/psf for homogenous tiles?

2. top & bottom kitchen usually between 110/130pfr. more expensive ones might come with internal colored PVC or blum/excel hinges. table top normal quartz standard series around 110-120psf, by acrylic i think u mean solid surface? im usually quoted around 90/psf.

3. no idea abt asking them to provide toilet accessories but installation itself shd b around 120 to install a storage heater or 2 instant heaters, 120 to install all other toilet accessories.

4. what is it for? 

5. for lighting pt it shd b between 30-45 each, installation of light depends on what kind. normal ceiling light shd be 10-12 each. 

6. painting for 3 room BTO im quoted around 1200 + additional 200-300 for the doors, frames, pipe etc. so will come up to ard $1500. if you think its too ex i would also recommending outsourcing, find yr own painter.

7. tv console between 150-300 pfr. 

finally, toilet bowl can be removed. shdnt be a prob to cover up but its better you ask yr contractor/ID or HDB. 

Oh I see! Thank you so much for the info. Any contractors you can recommend? Also does your contractor have to come down to see your house before giving you a quotation? Thank you.

On 4/18/2017 at 11:28 PM, mynameissine said:

Oh I see! Thank you so much for the info. Any contractors you can recommend? Also does your contractor have to come down to see your house before giving you a quotation? Thank you.

i dont have anyone to recommend yet since i've yet to collect my keys. but i have confirmed one, an ID. i wouldnt recommend him as of now since i dont know what working with him or the workmanship is like so maybe after my reno lol. 

most would be willing to meet and give you a quote without them coming to your place. i only have come across 1 contractor whom i would say is inflexible because they insist on quoting at my house. honestly i wouldnt bother looking for these contractors (who insist on looking for them only when i've collected my keys) because first of all, i want to meet them first to see what the quotation is like, and also to see if we have the chemistry. so only the shortlisted ones get to come to my new place. 

i would recommend reading tblogs, not from this section but from the tblog subforum, genuine homeowners who documented their journey from beginning to end. if you like what you're seeing you could ask them for their contractors/IDs contact. else maybe look through contact the firms there. 

• Like 1

Hi,

I just did my my home, previously i went around to look for many quotes from many different companies. And finally came to a conclusion that diff id company quotation are diff as  only they themselves know what they are quoting as design and materials used are diff, some tried to pull a quick deal off where they themselves are not sure and not knowledgable. I personally feel that having a responsible contractor or ID is very important.

In the end decided to use a ID that is introduce to me by a friend which have engaged their service before.

If u really need my ID or Contractors contact feel free to let me know