Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wayne

Cost Of Parquet Flooring

Hello peipako,

how about your parquet flooring experience? Have u done? How is the outcome? we also just bought 5I resale flat and we'd love to have parquet flooring in 3 bedrooms and living room.. we also prefer burmese teak only.. my frz' flat has indo teak flooring but not very nice.. easy to hav scratches also.. asked hau hau last week, they have only 11 cm thick burmese teak, i think its too thin.. what do u think? your flooring also 11 mm thick?

glory

hi,

try naturewood, www.naturewood.com.sg for the burmese teak you want.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi

Just to let everyone know, Hau Hau Parquet has moved their office to Blk 5, Kaki Bukit Road 1, #B1-07

Singapore 415936.

Just went there to buy some wood adhesive for small repairs, but it seems their phone is still the

same.

:yamseng: Happy New Year 2013

Hi Wayne,

I just did parquet flooring for my whole house. Three bedrooms and living/dining.

The breakdown:

Teak Parquet

12mm x 2" x 12"

835sft @ $2.30

= $1920

Teak skirting

11mm x 70mm

185 pfr @ $1.20

= $222

Wood glue @ 20kg

6 ctn @ $39.50

= $237.00

GST = $118.98

Installation:

To lay, grind & varnish

835 sft @ $1.20

= $1002

To install & varnish of skirting 70mm

185 pfr @ $0.40

= $74

Total cost: $3574.48

But after the guy came to measure the house, the total price dropped to $2808.28.

The workmanship is great and I love it! You can check out my link in my signature for pictures of my renovations.

Hau Hau Parquet & Wood Industries Pte Ltd

Showroom / Office: 302 Changi Road, Singapore 419780

• Tel: (65) 6 345 5061 / 6 345 5062 (Susan)

• Fax: (65) 6 345 1830

• Email: parquet@starhub.net.sg

www.hauhauparquet.com

Hope that helps!

can i have the contact no

Saving.gaia.-an initiative by Mediacorp.Save my world,for the future,the children,for humanity.All this chopping down of solid wood and usage of wood is not eco-friendly and good for our earth.We hv to look hard at ourselves and try to find other ways and means to use more eco-friendly products like laminate floors due to their sustainable green properties.Think about it people.For our future generations to come.

Yucks,seeing the termites beneath the solid wood floors is hair-tingling.Eerie feel,considering that the termites may build up and spread up to other parts of the house.Can't take chances worrying about termites crawling to my baby cot or into my bedframes.So eerie seeing the termites.

Anyone knows if one can buy the parquet timber from Malaysia ourselves and bring them into Singapore?

Any idea about the procedure in bringing it across the customs?

Also, any idea about the labour cost of parquet layer nowadays? Contact, anybody?

Ya usually around $10 . But for room one still can get around $6++

I see. Waiting to get my keys in March, before contacting them for quotes. Cos mine is the 2room BTO, will only be doing the bedroom n living room.

I see. Waiting to get my keys in March, before contacting them for quotes. Cos mine is the 2room BTO, will only be doing the bedroom n living room.

Maruku , if you need i can give you my parquet contacts . Previously i compared their quote and service and they dint disappoint me.