Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

How long is a reasonable wait for a contractor / ID to come back with a quotation?

This is after they've physically come down to view the house, taken measurements, committed at least an hour of their time to hear about your plans, etc. Has anyone ever had the experience of a contractor / ID doing all the above, and yet never responded?

Thanks in advance.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

came across plenty who never came back with a quote. i would think that those are the ones who are not ready to take up your project for whatever reason eg. too challenging/unconventional but are too prideful to admit. normally they will tell you when they can give you a quote eg. 3 days, 1 week or whatever. you can remind them if you want to, but i normally wont. 

i guess if we as owner is anxious on the quotation, we should buzz them too. they have also met owners like us who goes around comparing quotations and after we gotten their quotation, we nv reply to them and wasted their efforts. i have a few frens who goes ard asking quotations and ignore the ids or contractors if the quotation doesn meet their budget. haha

Thanks for the replies! I totally get it about owners who ask for quotes from many, many contractors and IDs - I avoided going down that route because I think it's a waste of everyone's time. On the other hand, I also think it would be nice if contractors could send their quotes in within a week if they're keen on the business...