Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CJES

Questions on BLUM Hinges

Hi all, my kitchen cabinet doors come with BLUM system. However, only one hinge for each door is installed with BLUM hinge. Anyone here using BLUM system for their cabinet? Can I check if it is supposed to be this way?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 4/25/2017 at 3:36 PM, CJES said:

Hi all, my kitchen cabinet doors come with BLUM system. However, only one hinge for each door is installed with BLUM hinge. Anyone here using BLUM system for their cabinet? Can I check if it is supposed to be this way?

I think you should call the BLUM center to ask if this is normal or not . 

I think it depends on the weight requirements of the cabinet door? Mine is all blum. But consists of various types like drawer single extensions, pull out countertop full extension, larder box, and those that open upwards with a push. 

Some of my (non kitchen) full height cabinets have like 5 hinges (all blum) to properly hold the weight of the swing door. My ID said this is better than using less hinges because if too heavy, the door will be misaligned at the top due to too much weight.

All in all, I really think it depends on the weight each hinge can carry. You have to check with your contractor the rationale behind using one hinge for each drawer door. 

Will take pictures when I can. My place still undergoing reno, now at carpentry stage with some doors and drawers installed already.