Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CJES

Kitchen cabinet door hinges

I just had my kitchen cabinets installed by my carpenter. When I open the cabinet door, it will always open more than 90 degree. If I open the left most or right most door, it will bang into wall. If open two doors side by side, it will bang into each others. I was advised to put rubber stopper to protect the doors.

Is this normal for kitchen cabinet or my carpenter used cheap materials for my cabinet?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

perfectly normal. hinges normally open slightly more than 90 degrees. you can buy those small transparent semi-circular rubber bumps and stick on the wall or your cupboard doors to protect the doors. for the 2 side by side doors, just open them gently if you do not want to use the rubber stoppers.

I used to have the rubber stoppers stuck to the wall to protect my fridge door handle as well.

Agree that it is normal. It will be difficult to take/place things into the cabinet if the cabinet is deep and your door can only open 90 degree. Even more difficult if the cabinet has a narrow door.

On 4/26/2017 at 4:29 PM, snoozee said:

perfectly normal. hinges normally open slightly more than 90 degrees. you can buy those small transparent semi-circular rubber bumps and stick on the wall or your cupboard doors to protect the doors. for the 2 side by side doors, just open them gently if you do not want to use the rubber stoppers.

I used to have the rubber stoppers stuck to the wall to protect my fridge door handle as well.

Do you have picture of how these rubber stoppers look like? Can email me at sabrina.ng@gmail.com?