applefreak

Kitty's Cattery

nomad1.jpg

nomad2.jpg

nomad3.jpg

;):P:~:wub::wub::wub::wub:

wah.... 超喜欢的耶:dancingqueen:!:jawdrop:

may b get PVC materials bulk purchase frm art shops.. n DIY.. :good:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
tis is the uber expensive organza curtain i'm looking for... though u see two colours, it's actually two sides of the same curtain. really like it alot.

bargained fm $600 to $480 but the price is really too high. anyone saw it b4 at curtain shops, i oni saw it once when the curtain guy fm Shop8 brought it over to my place coz i ask to see some samples. i dun like the current one coz it looked cheapo..

if oni in the first place dat shop8 guy brought it to ID's office when i chose the curtain materials, i would haf ordered it lor... now totally no budget.

34-11.jpg

34-10.jpg

Blueberi,

Is this fabric to be dry clean only or can handwash or machinewash? Sometimes, the washing instruction can give u an idea the quality of the material. From the pic and your description of the curtain fabric, I suspect this fabric costs at least $80 per metre, could be from Europe or Japan. Look at how the interweaving is done, the workmanship of the fabric alone, the feel and drape & drop of the fabric. With such fabric, u can try browse at J&S shop, the one at Joo Chiat as well as the Orchard Rd branches, or other mid-to-high-end range shops.

IMHO....If you intend to keep such curtains for a long time, better get good quality ones, at least the money is worth well spent. Yes, I agree that some may think no need to get expensive curtains, etc. But the point is, when a curtain is big and attractive, better get quality good looking ones. If wanna save on curtains, can get those cheaper ones that blend into the background and doesn't stand out too much. That way you can focus on other better quality small-ticket furnishings such as cushions,upholstery,table cloths,table runners. :dancingqueen:

Love it!

I see you're into good designs too heheh... Here's one of my fav websites for good design.

http://mocoloco.com/

Unfortunately... we can't find it in Singapore... Good news for my wallet though hahah!

Description

Made from recycled, double-wall cardboard, Nomad is a modular architectural system that can be assembled into free-standing, sculptural screens, temporary partitions, rooms or even displays without hardware, tools or damage to existing structures. Available in six colors, Nomad can be arranged into open or closed configurations; creating private environments or light and airy dividers. The Nomad system can be configured to create entry-ways and corners, easily adjusting to any indoor space.

Measurements

24 Modules / Set

Module Length: 21 in / 53 cm

Module Width: 14 in / 35.5 cm

Module Thickness: 0.1875 in / 0.5 cm

*One 24 Module Set creates a 4.5 ft x 4.5ft section with the open configuration and a 3 ft x 4.5 ft section with the closed configuration.

Color Options

Dark Green, Mid Green, Light green, Dark Grey, Light Grey and White

Environment / Social

Renewable + Recyclable

Materials: Made from recycled kraft paper

Design: Reconfigurable modules provide low impact alternative for temporary walls.

Edited by singhao

Blueberi,

Is this fabric to be dry clean only or can handwash or machinewash? Sometimes, the washing instruction can give u an idea the quality of the material. From the pic and your description of the curtain fabric, I suspect this fabric costs at least $80 per metre, could be from Europe or Japan. Look at how the interweaving is done, the workmanship of the fabric alone, the feel and drape & drop of the fabric. With such fabric, u can try browse at J&S shop, the one at Joo Chiat as well as the Orchard Rd branches, or other mid-to-high-end range shops.

IMHO....If you intend to keep such curtains for a long time, better get good quality ones, at least the money is worth well spent. Yes, I agree that some may think no need to get expensive curtains, etc. But the point is, when a curtain is big and attractive, better get quality good looking ones. If wanna save on curtains, can get those cheaper ones that blend into the background and doesn't stand out too much. That way you can focus on other better quality small-ticket furnishings such as cushions,upholstery,table cloths,table runners. !!

gendon,

i'm not so sure... but usually for curtains, we'll send for dry cleaning one. J&S is at joo chiat complex? i didn't go to the shop inside plaza singapura to check yet.. i koe tis is a good quality material, juz dat i'm not willing to part with $480 at tis moment... shall try to save for it, hopefully if i can't find it at other shops, the Shop8 guy can still offer it at $480 to me... else if they revert back to $600 i dun tink i wan liao, muz wait for bonus already

me only getting those ready-made $24.90 type :)

i won't spend $480 on curtains coz it's not something i'm into

now trying to save for my yamaha true-surround !!

gendon,

i'm not so sure... but usually for curtains, we'll send for dry cleaning one. J&S is at joo chiat complex? i didn't go to the shop inside plaza singapura to check yet.. i koe tis is a good quality material, juz dat i'm not willing to part with $480 at tis moment... shall try to save for it, hopefully if i can't find it at other shops, the Shop8 guy can still offer it at $480 to me... else if they revert back to $600 i dun tink i wan liao, muz wait for bonus already

Oh, now I remember...the one at Joo Chiat Complex the shop name is Home Fabrics & Curtains (sister company of J&S). One thing abt J&S branches, different branch carry diff concept, must really ask them in detail.

If you're not willing to part with the $480, sit on it first...think..think...browse...browse. If still thinking abt it after more than 2 weeks, it's destined to be yours, hee hee! !!

Frankly, for that kind of fabric with that kind of $480 price, it's a steal. Imagine the workmanship required to sew up this curtain, not easy. Btw, does the strips run vertically or horizontally? Bcos if it runs horizontally....then must think of the workmanship costs chargeable when they need to ensure that the right side and left side of the curtain when you draw them close...need to be aligned. If you got expensive fabric, skali the workmanship sucks (ie. here there not even, wrong length, seam & hem not finished neatly) then everything goes down the drain.

totally agree with gendon

the price of workmanship also must be factored in

the curtain you have now is from them too? if yes how's the workmanship?

now got to concentrate on saving for my speaker and tv

anyone got any lobang?

me only getting those ready-made $24.90 type :)

i won't spend $480 on curtains coz it's not something i'm into

now trying to save for my yamaha true-surround :P

ur $$ mostly invested in kitchenware hor..

i muz haf swee swee curtains, bedsheets n carpet...

my hubby promised me to get shaggy carpet... coz he finally realised how nice the living room can be, with the use of a shaggy carpet. dat time we went dining table n coffee table shopping, almost all the shops showed the sofa + coffee table with shaggy table. den he started saying 'actually if got a carpet in the living room will be nicer hor?' Duh! dat was wat i told him ages b4 lor, he really slow.. muz see many many den he get it. asked him to get one tis mth so the living room will be perfect when the time comes for our housewarming, but he said he's saving up the bonus for the Pin Jin to my mum.. told me to wait till dec.. still got 5mths lor..

Oh, now I remember...the one at Joo Chiat Complex the shop name is Home Fabrics & Curtains (sister company of J&S). One thing abt J&S branches, different branch carry diff concept, must really ask them in detail.

If you're not willing to part with the $480, sit on it first...think..think...browse...browse. If still thinking abt it after more than 2 weeks, it's destined to be yours, hee hee! :)

Frankly, for that kind of fabric with that kind of $480 price, it's a steal. Imagine the workmanship required to sew up this curtain, not easy. Btw, does the strips run vertically or horizontally? Bcos if it runs horizontally....then must think of the workmanship costs chargeable when they need to ensure that the right side and left side of the curtain when you draw them close...need to be aligned. If you got expensive fabric, skali the workmanship sucks (ie. here there not even, wrong length, seam & hem not finished neatly) then everything goes down the drain.

thanks for the info!

aiyo, i tink for more than 2mths already... so it must be really DESTINED to be mine. :) juz waiting for the time to be ripe ($$). the strings inside are vertical.

haiz, last time 4D nv buy den com out consolation prize, den the other number at starters jump!! 8| !! i koe the prize $$ little but can help to chip in half of the curtain fund!!

anyone got any lobang?

the current curtain workmanship is good.. it's juz me lah, nt willing to part with $$

Love it!

I see you're into good designs too heheh... Here's one of my fav websites for good design.

http://mocoloco.com/

Unfortunately... we can't find it in Singapore... Good news for my wallet though hahah!

mail order lor :P

Consolidate shipping :P

:):)8|:wub::wub::wub::wub:

wah.... 超喜欢的耶!!!:)

may b get PVC materials bulk purchase frm art shops.. n DIY.. :P

BUY BUY BUY

anyone got any lobang?

Yup, my curtains from them, and I still have my bedroom curtains since my wedding in 2001 liao. My mom's a regular there.

As for the speaker & tv, ermmm...this dept I've got no lobang !!

mail order lor :)

Consolidate shipping :P

BUY BUY BUY

alamak... deathcoth always encourage us to spend more $$..

Yup, my curtains from them, and I still have my bedroom curtains since my wedding in 2001 liao. My mom's a regular there.

As for the speaker & tv, ermmm...this dept I've got no lobang !!

u always go there for ur curtains? den got discount anot... hehe

alamak... deathcoth always encourage us to spend more $$..

u always go there for ur curtains? den got discount anot... hehe

cos his atm machine, the printer ink many many. can print many many $50 out.

my atm BO ink liao. !!

ur $$ mostly invested in kitchenware hor..

yes yes that i have to agree

think for my kitchen alone will cost me $5k+

now come to think of it, :P:)

i muz haf swee swee curtains, bedsheets n carpet...

my hubby promised me to get shaggy carpet... coz he finally realised how nice the living room can be, with the use of a shaggy carpet. dat time we went dining table n coffee table shopping, almost all the shops showed the sofa + coffee table with shaggy table. den he started saying 'actually if got a carpet in the living room will be nicer hor?' Duh! dat was wat i told him ages b4 lor, he really slow.. muz see many many den he get it. asked him to get one tis mth so the living room will be perfect when the time comes for our housewarming, but he said he's saving up the bonus for the Pin Jin to my mum.. told me to wait till dec.. still got 5mths lor..

everyone of us got our 死穴

hit only, money will come pouring out of the pocket 8|

the AK cost me $500+, the eubig cost me another $400 :)

but ask me pay half that amt for curtains or carpet :wub::P

thanks for the info!

aiyo, i tink for more than 2mths already... so it must be really DESTINED to be mine. :P juz waiting for the time to be ripe ($$). the strings inside are vertical.

haiz, last time 4D nv buy den com out consolation prize, den the other number at starters jump!! 8| !! i koe the prize $$ little but can help to chip in half of the curtain fund!!

the current curtain workmanship is good.. it's juz me lah, nt willing to part with $$

totally agree loh

think about it 2mths liao leh

if i think about it for more than a week, i'll save very hard for it liao :wub:

As for the speaker & tv, ermmm...this dept I've got no lobang :)

wah like what bluberi ask, got discount or not?

then we can all go down and see see look look there together

maybe got bulk discount :wub: :wub:

yes yes that i have to agree

think for my kitchen alone will cost me $5k+

now come to think of it, :notti::P

everyone of us got our 死穴

hit only, money will come pouring out of the pocket :P

the AK cost me $500+, the eubig cost me another $400 :jawdrop:

but ask me pay half that amt for curtains or carpet :no: :no:

totally agree loh

think about it 2mths liao leh

if i think about it for more than a week, i'll save very hard for it liao :notti:

wah like what bluberi ask, got discount or not?

then we can all go down and see see look look there together

maybe got bulk discount :notti: :notti:

the carpet gonna cost $500... include the curtain will be $1k!! :deal::~

tink i got lotsa of 死穴 leh... see cute cute things also muz buy.

i tink for 2mths but haven save for it lor.. still hoping to strike 4D

the carpet gonna cost $500... include the curtain will be $1k!! :P:notti:

tink i got lotsa of 死穴 leh... see cute cute things also muz buy.

i tink for 2mths but haven save for it lor.. still hoping to strike 4D

hahaha same here same here

my 死穴 is beautiful things which makes my life easy

or beautiful things that makes my home even more relaxing for me

e.g. the yamaha true-surround :notti:

only one speaker but touted to deliver surround experience

one day must bring my favourite disc down to audio house to test the system out

actually, beautiful things that serves no purpose also my 死穴

just bought a sheen carpet from courts

simply because it's in a beautiful shade of purple :P:jawdrop: