Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
applefreak

Kitty's Cattery

the numbers are not sold separately...they come together....product of spain...maybe tat's why so ex...haha...euro product...

paiseh paiseh, me anyhow hantam only :sport-smiley-004:

will go to check out the shops

btw your clock includes the hands AND the numbers right?

maybe just the clock will be cheaper? :sport-smiley-004:

definitely update here when i return,

but i'm only going three weeks later :notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Ehh.. this I agree haha...

N u mean applefreak 'huh'? :sport-smiley-004:

huh? think it's bcos once bitten twice shy.

but then, more than 16yrs ago when i was in LAX - when one yellowskin saw another yellowskin = friends.

met a oldman from china and chitchat for an hour or 2. but then at that time we were most likely the only 2 yellowskin human in the transit lounge. :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by MaCe

huh? think it's bcos once bitten twice shy.

but then, more than 16yrs ago when i was in LAX - when one yellowskin saw another yellowskin = friends.

met a oldman from china and chitchat for an hour or 2. but then at that time we were most likely the only 2 yellowskin human in the transit lounge. :sport-smiley-004:

So how? that oldman got daughter bo :sport-smiley-004:

So how? that oldman got daughter bo :sport-smiley-004:

i remember he is a professor....me ah beng dare not ask got chiobu or not lah. :sport-smiley-004:

A gracious Singapore? Not in my lifetime: MM Lee

Li Xueying

Tue, Jan 08, 2008

The Straits Times

ENVIRONMENTAL consciousness among Singaporeans will come about very quickly when they realise how they will be in trouble when changes in the climate take place.

But attaining a gracious society will take more time, said Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew on Monday at a dialogue marking the 40th anniversary of the think-tank, the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS).

In fact, he believes it will not happen in his lifetime.

'I will not see it, maybe you will live long enough to see it, I wish you well,' he told 48-year-old economics academic Euston Quah to laughter from the audience of diplomats, academics and government leaders.

Dr Quah had asked a question about Singapore's progress in terms of social graces and environmental consciousness just as the country succeeds economically. It will not happen so fast, Mr Lee replied.

'I think it will take more time to develop and mature culturally as a people.'

Even the British, he said, were 'sitting at a very high level over an empire for nearly 150 years before they developed their culture and then being invaded by football hooligans and foreigners who are now joining them and coarsening their society'.

'So it's very difficult to get a rough society onto a cultivated plane and it's very easy to bring it down,' he concluded.

Environmental consciousness, on the other hand, will come very quickly 'when something happens and they say, you do that, your whole environment changes and you are in trouble'.

On the other hand, the idea of a gracious society - 'where people are considerate to one another, where you don't make more noise to upset your neighbour than you need to, where you tell the other motorist, Please have the right of way' - was 'harder to come by,' said Mr Lee.

'It will take time, but I hope it will come with cultivated living over a long period of time.'

Mr Lee recalled how, 45 years ago, Singaporeans wanted to take their chickens with them when they were resettled from kampongs into high-rise flats.

'So it took some time to get them adjusted. A more cultivated way of life takes a very long time,' he said.

'I will not see it, maybe you will live long enough to see it. I wish you well.'

Dun agree with u.

Why the embarrassment? We r singaporeans n we r still one when we r in another country.

Anyway its good to see ur countryman when u r abroad...

eh think i'm quite unlucky

coz the singaporeans i met on my overseas trips ARE embarassing !!

when having breakfast at the hotel, you can be sure that the ones leaving plates filled with food behind are singaporeans

you can also be sure that those who are demanding instant attention from 3* hotel waiters are singaporeans :sport-smiley-004::notti:

the numbers are not sold separately...they come together....product of spain...maybe tat's why so ex...haha...euro product...

oh okay, then maybe we got to order online afterall

but guess i'll check out the two shops first

who knows there might be something !! !!

I wanna try boutique hotel in BKK...Dream and Le Fenix are abit ex, and not suitable for our round 2 budget honeymoon. Thinking of Luxx but not sure about the distance to the shopping areas.

yes i've always wanted to try boutique hotels, esp 'Jia' in HK

but budget constraint until i come across this baiyoke boutique

hopefully the price will remain around this region :sport-smiley-004:

A gracious Singapore? Not in my lifetime: MM Lee

Li Xueying

Tue, Jan 08, 2008

The Straits Times

ENVIRONMENTAL consciousness among Singaporeans will come about very quickly when they realise how they will be in trouble when changes in the climate take place.

But attaining a gracious society will take more time, said Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew on Monday at a dialogue marking the 40th anniversary of the think-tank, the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS).

In fact, he believes it will not happen in his lifetime.

'I will not see it, maybe you will live long enough to see it, I wish you well,' he told 48-year-old economics academic Euston Quah to laughter from the audience of diplomats, academics and government leaders.

Dr Quah had asked a question about Singapore's progress in terms of social graces and environmental consciousness just as the country succeeds economically. It will not happen so fast, Mr Lee replied.

'I think it will take more time to develop and mature culturally as a people.'

Even the British, he said, were 'sitting at a very high level over an empire for nearly 150 years before they developed their culture and then being invaded by football hooligans and foreigners who are now joining them and coarsening their society'.

'So it's very difficult to get a rough society onto a cultivated plane and it's very easy to bring it down,' he concluded.

Environmental consciousness, on the other hand, will come very quickly 'when something happens and they say, you do that, your whole environment changes and you are in trouble'.

On the other hand, the idea of a gracious society - 'where people are considerate to one another, where you don't make more noise to upset your neighbour than you need to, where you tell the other motorist, Please have the right of way' - was 'harder to come by,' said Mr Lee.

'It will take time, but I hope it will come with cultivated living over a long period of time.'

Mr Lee recalled how, 45 years ago, Singaporeans wanted to take their chickens with them when they were resettled from kampongs into high-rise flats.

'So it took some time to get them adjusted. A more cultivated way of life takes a very long time,' he said.

'I will not see it, maybe you will live long enough to see it. I wish you well.'

sigh, i totally agree with him !! :D

So if Mr Lee said he is not going to see it in his life are we going to sit on it and wait for everyone to do it first??? :yamseng:

I think it shld start on everybody with immediate effect. To be polite & considerate to everybody we must keep on reminding ourselves. Education to the next generation is the key word but most parent do not pay attention to it don ever mention setting good example :) but I do agree tis is not easy even in Developed Countries like US or UK.

Let ask everybody a question if SINGAPORE is not a gracious society, which country are??? :P

Edited by Cantona7

So if Mr Lee said he is not going to see it in his life are we going to sit on it and wait for everyone to do it first??? :P

I think it shld start on everybody with immediate effect. To be polite & considerate to everybody we must keep on reminding ourselves. Education to the next generation is the key word but most parent do not pay attention to it don ever mention setting good example :P but I do agree tis is not easy even in Developed Countries like US or UK.

Let ask everybody a question if SINGAPORE is not a gracious society, which country are??? :P

i won't say i'm a very gracious person

but i DO give up my seats to those who need it more esp elderly and heavily pregnant women

i always keep to the left of the escalator or driving lanes except when overtaking

that's the reason why i'm lagi pis*ed by pple who can't do it :P

let me count the societies that are gracious

japan, thailand, m'sia, HK, england etc etc etc

other than england which i've not been, i've thoroughly enjoyed my stay in these countries coz pple there are considerate

they DO think about pple around them, unlike here :yamseng::)

mm.. my fren (frm m'sia) once took a train in sg.. saw this young lady standing (with a big "tummy").. naturally he gave up his seat n offered to this yound lady.. to his suprise.. this young lady scolded him back "i'm not pregnant lah!:P".. she stared at my fren for a second or two then walked off to the next cabin.. he was like :yamseng: ....... wordless....

mm.. my fren (frm m'sia) once took a train in sg.. saw this young lady standing (with a big "tummy").. naturally he gave up his seat n offered to this yound lady.. to his suprise.. this young lady scolded him back "i'm not pregnant lah!:P".. she stared at my fren for a second or two then walked off to the next cabin.. he was like :yamseng: ....... wordless....

:):P

check out the thread on the MRT complaints

i posted a similar scenario in there

that's why i only give my seat to HEAVILY pregnant women, very sure cannot run kind :P

i won't say i'm a very gracious person

but i DO give up my seats to those who need it more esp elderly and heavily pregnant women

i always keep to the left of the escalator or driving lanes except when overtaking

that's the reason why i'm lagi pis*ed by pple who can't do it :P

let me count the societies that are gracious

japan, thailand, m'sia, HK, england etc etc etc

other than england which i've not been, i've thoroughly enjoyed my stay in these countries coz pple there are considerate

they DO think about pple around them, unlike here :):P

Jus keep ur Cool u don have to pissed off by them, it will affect ur mood if u lose ur temper u will also end up being rude too :P jus let them see ur good example and soon more will follow. Believe me I am the first to follow ur foot step. :P

I am not sure these countries are considerate to the tourist ONLY and wat abt to their locals and we alway see good things when we travel overseas.

I still encounter quite a handful of considerate Sporen ard me esp u, MaCe and many many more. Jus remeber "Courtesy start with Me". :yamseng:

Dun agree with u.

Why the embarrassment? We r singaporeans n we r still one when we r in another country.

Anyway its good to see ur countryman when u r abroad...

sometimes it can be embarassing to see ur fellow s'poreans overseas.

i remember 6yrs ago when i went hkg with my fren. we met a group of s'pore aunties at the store selling the famous 'heng xiang' wife biscuits. can see dat they are buying back for their relatives.. but hor, i dunno y they took so long to order.. maybe coz they will suddenly change or add to their order of wife biscuit when the store assistant has already packed the order nicely. the store assistant was kind enough to give them extra plastic bags for every box of wife biscuits bought. BUT, they wanted even more! the store assistant obliged n they again asked for a few more plastic bags. can tell me wat's so fascinating abt the plastic bags dat they muz ask for more.. moreover holding back the queue. can see the store assistant was quite fed-up liao n she was mumbling under her breathe abt the behaviours of the aunties n complaining abt them to my fren n i when the aunties left.

prior to our turn earlier on, one of the aunties heard me n my fren chatting n asked if we were fm s'pore also. i was already embarassed by their kiasu behaviour liao n juz smiled and said we were fm s'pore and it was our last day in hkg. dun wanna tok too much to them wait kenna associated with them.

who koes hor... few hours later we met the group of aunties again at the airport. we were taking the same UA flight back. The aunties were nw rushing to queue in front of the queue to board the plane, saw us behind n said beri loudly "xiao mei, ur also taking tis flight ar, so qiao hor". aiyo, same flight also no need to acknowledge us so loudly rite.