Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
applefreak

Kitty's Cattery

mm.. my fren (frm m'sia) once took a train in sg.. saw this young lady standing (with a big "tummy").. naturally he gave up his seat n offered to this yound lady.. to his suprise.. this young lady scolded him back "i'm not pregnant lah!!!".. she stared at my fren for a second or two then walked off to the next cabin.. he was like :blink: ....... wordless....

hahahaha if i were the lady, i would have said "thank you" and sit down. Save the embarassment :D

Let ask everybody a question if SINGAPORE is not a gracious society, which country are??? :unsure:

I recall my trip to Japan and London to be really pleasant. Japan - Think everyone knows how polite they are, not only to us, but also to each other....

London - In crowded trains, I didnt see people edging each other. At soccer matches where people step on each other's toes accidently, I didnt hear "tsk" after an apology.

But i do agree with guys here. I am embarassed by my own countrymen abroad, not all of them, but quite a few.. Sigh... being gracious.. It's a long way to go.. :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
But i do agree with guys here. I am embarassed by my own countrymen abroad, not all of them, but quite a few.. Sigh... being gracious.. It's a long way to go.. !!

ya NOT ALL of THEM > but more than enuff to make me stay away from them.

think i have an international face

whichever country i go, they always take me as their countryman :blink:

remember when i was in guangzhou, me and bf went into a shoe shop

i was trying on a pair of shoe and my bf was looking around when the salesman serving told me in a small voice 'your friend from singapore right? we are zi ji ren then i tell you, singaporean all got this air very easy to recognise one'

i was so embarrassed that i didn't dare to clarify that i am too a singaporean

especially for thai and japanese, you can tell they are polite from their heart

really enjoyed myself in these countries that i just kept going back !! :unsure:

went down to Sim Lim Tower to buy my tv cable

initially thought want to buy those 10m $9.90 kind from normal shops, but my colleague said that those are not so good esp since i've got a 42"

bit the bullet and paid $44 for a customised 10m cable which should give me better signal

am going to rearrange my living room, shall post pix when i'm done

hopefully over this weekend :thumbs up:

Did you buy belden cables ?

Previously i got the belden 7731 i think...2m already $32 !

initially thought want to buy those 10m $9.90 kind from normal shops, but my colleague said that those are not so good esp since i've got a 42"

bit the bullet and paid $44 for a customised 10m cable which should give me better signal

hopefully over this weekend :notti:

yes it's belden but not sure about the 'class' of the wire

will go home to check tonight and update here

it's just a wire from the tv point to the SCV digital box, 1m is $3 and the 'heads' are $7 a piece

check out LHS at sim lim tower 2nd level, very friendly people and imho interested in solving your problem :notti: :notti:

me gonna be the devil today

BUY BUY BUY

Old London Outdoor Clocks

They look antique, thanks to their weatherproof, verdigris-finished metal housings, but they also feature modern quartz-accurate movements to keep you running (or relaxing) on time. Plastic crystal. One AA battery (not included) is needed for each movement.

"Victoria Station" Wall Clock mimics the clocks found on the platforms in London's famous railway station. Even the 6-3⁄4"-dia. face has an antiqued look. Two-sided clock swivels on its mounting arm (each side has its own movement). Mounting hardware not included. Overall 12"x4-1⁄2"x12" tall.

outdoor-clocks-294467x1.jpg

Sound Rocker

Now you can "feel the action" from your video games, movies and music when you sit through them on the Wireless Sound Rocker.

Sound is beamed wirelessly up to 20' through the FM wireless transmitter from your video game to the Sound Rocker. The bass is so huge, the sound so clear, you'll feel like you're part of the game! Hear every footstep, and feel every crash, punch or gunshot as the built-in, 50w, 5-1/2" Powersub® subwoofer sends vibrations right through you. Two 12w, 3" full-range ARX® high-performance speakers create a personal surround-sound effect to take your games to the next level.

Works with movies and music too. Connect your iPod® or MP3 player and the Sound Rocker fills your room with music at the push of a button. Boosts sound from all your portable devices: including all iPods, MP3 players, PSP® and Nintendo DS®. Input and holster allows you to leave your music or portable device plugged in, and effortlessly switch from game mode to music mode.

Up to four rockers can be connected for intense multi-player gaming. Custom-contoured, breathable poly-stretch microfiber fabric provides comfort for long hours of play; folds for storage once you're worn out. Includes: RCA multi-player audio outputs; RCA audio inputs; illuminating speakers; headphone jack; volume and bass controls. UL-listed AC adapter.

sound-rocker-326969%7a%7a1.jpg

Flat Screen TV Wall Mounts

Mount your flat-panel TV or LCD monitor on a wall...then adjust it to the perfect angle.

Space-saving brackets let you tilt and swivel the display effortlessly, smoothly, and without compromising rigidity; 180° swivel. (Triple-pivot model has articulating arms so you can pull the display up to 14-3/8" away from the wall for a closer view, then swing it back to save space.) All are VESA-mounting-compliant (100mm and 75mm), so any VESA-compliant flat-panel TV or monitor can be properly and easily mounted to the unit (hardware included). Holds up to 33 lbs.

Hang it from the ceiling if you'd like. Same features as mounts above, but this one hangs your flat-panel TV or LCD monitor 21" to 35" beneath your ceiling. Swivels 190° tilts 20° up and down. Holds up to 40 lbs. Decorative cover plate.

flat-screen-wall-mount-312627x1.jpgflat-screen-wall-mount-312627xi2.jpg

Edited by applefreak

hopefully over this weekend :bow:

the cables for HD something ar ??

Ran wants to get it too .. saw at Best denki , it costs ard 70-90 bucks :jawdrop:

it's just a wire from the tv point to the SCV digital box, 1m is $3 and the 'heads' are $7 a piece

check out LHS at sim lim tower 2nd level, very friendly people and imho interested in solving your problem :good: :good:

Hw come u need 10m :bow::jawdrop: cable??? Ur SCV box put in the kitchen iszit. :jawdrop:

Edited by Cantona7

anyone knows if i can get something like this locally?

too expensive to ship back liao :jawdrop:

fits just nice over the sink to put sponges etc

256145%7a%7a1.jpg

and this to recover wasted counter space

sturdy enough to elevate the microwave oven or even dish rack

234654%7a%7a1.jpg

Sound Rocker

Now you can "feel the action" from your video games, movies and music when you sit through them on the Wireless Sound Rocker.

Sound is beamed wirelessly up to 20' through the FM wireless transmitter from your video game to the Sound Rocker. The bass is so huge, the sound so clear, you'll feel like you're part of the game! Hear every footstep, and feel every crash, punch or gunshot as the built-in, 50w, 5-1/2" Powersub® subwoofer sends vibrations right through you. Two 12w, 3" full-range ARX® high-performance speakers create a personal surround-sound effect to take your games to the next level.

Works with movies and music too. Connect your iPod® or MP3 player and the Sound Rocker fills your room with music at the push of a button. Boosts sound from all your portable devices: including all iPods, MP3 players, PSP® and Nintendo DS®. Input and holster allows you to leave your music or portable device plugged in, and effortlessly switch from game mode to music mode.

Up to four rockers can be connected for intense multi-player gaming. Custom-contoured, breathable poly-stretch microfiber fabric provides comfort for long hours of play; folds for storage once you're worn out. Includes: RCA multi-player audio outputs; RCA audio inputs; illuminating speakers; headphone jack; volume and bass controls. UL-listed AC adapter.

sound-rocker-326969%7a%7a1.jpg

How much is this sound rocker har?? Is it sold in Spore or got any display set to try here??? :jawdrop:

more BUY BUY BUY

Rolling Thin Pantry Caddy

Stock up on grocery sale items and store 'em on this roll-out Pantry Caddy...takes just 10" of space!

Strong and sturdy laminate-over-particleboard "Thin-Man" Pantry Caddy gives you extra storage for groceries, and keeps them hidden from view. Fits in a narrow 10"-wide space (such as between fridge and cabinets), and easily rolls in and out on casters. Six fixed shelves have side lips to prevent items from falling off as it's being rolled. Assembly required. 9-1⁄2"x24"x56" tall.

238927%7a%7a1.jpg238927%7a%7ai2.jpg

Spice Stack Organizer

3-Tray Spice Organizer lets you view several bottles at once, so you can quickly find the ones you need.

Just pull out any of the three trays and you'll see nine full-size jars at once (or 18 half-size jars); slide the tray back in, and out of your way, when you're through. Plastic organizer sits on a shelf or countertop. 11"x11"x8" tall, to hold up to 27 full-size spice or vitamin jars.

spice-organizer-330418.jpg

How much is this sound rocker har?? Is it sold in Spore or got any display set to try here??? :notti:

no it's from a US site, really a lot of interesting stuff there

check it out http://www.improvementscatalog.com/product...rue&page=14

the cheap version of the cosario

Undercabinet Spice or Medicine Rack

Pull-Down Rack hangs from under a kitchen cabinet, for easy access to spices (or vitamins).

Keep your spices, medicine, vitamins or first-aid items close at hand, and easy to find! Organizer mounts easily underneath a cabinet; just pull it out and down when you need it, slide it back up and out of your way when you're through! Includes mounting hardware. 10-½"x3"x12-¼" tall.

218802%7a%7a1.jpg218802%7a%7ai2.jpg

the cables for HD something ar ??

Ran wants to get it too .. saw at Best denki , it costs ard 70-90 bucks :bow:

no not the HDMI cable, just normal tv cable

think HDMI 1.3 is retailing at around $50+, no need to get at best denki

check out sim lim tower (SLT) :deal:

Hw come u need 10m :jawdrop::good: cable??? Ur SCV box put in the kitchen iszit. :jawdrop:

not in the kitchen, but very near

gonna reconfigure my living, switch the position of the sofa and tv

so from the box, go behind the sofa, under the carpet, under the tv console and up to the digital box requires almost 9m

so i got 10m just in case, this kind of thing cut liao cannot save :good:

BUY BUY BUY

All in one Home Office in a Pod - the sleek, self-contained office-on-wheels unfolds to reveal a chair, desk and storage space; when the clock strikes 5, everything goes back and you can use the pod to set your martini on.

design-pod-home-office1.jpg

design-pod-home-office2.jpg

design-pod-home-office3.jpg

yeah...i got mine from LHS too. According to them, Belden 7731 is the best we can have for TV cable so far. It is future proof too cos it supports HDTV signals.

I got my composite wires and audio cables custom made by them too... :jawdrop:

check out LHS at sim lim tower 2nd level, very friendly people and imho interested in solving your problem :jawdrop::bow:

BUY BUY BUY

All in one Home Office in a Pod - the sleek, self-contained office-on-wheels unfolds to reveal a chair, desk and storage space; when the clock strikes 5, everything goes back and you can use the pod to set your martini on.

MORE Pics.

design-pod-home-office4.jpg

design-pod-home-office5.jpg

design-pod-home-office6.jpg