Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
applefreak

Kitty's Cattery

btw, go get the applecare

think it's $200+ for another 2 more years of warranty

anything wrong they just replace for free, including the screen

my baobei sat on my MBP and spoilt the screen (got colour lines)

but they just replace without question :notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

went down to nan wah yesterday to get a replacement ballast

the one for my kitchen light blew

two grouses

1. they count the 1yr warranty from the day of purchase, not day of delivery. so if want to buy must buy then install immediately (though i won't recommend them to anyone)

2. the ballast cost $16 a pc. i was told at purchase that they do free replacement but now they tell me it's a 1yr thing :furious: :furious:

can you imagine paying $16 to replace the ballast when i can get a similar light at that price or $3.9 from ikea? the twin light bulb one is worse, there's 2 ballast in there so it'll cost $32 to replace, just slightly less than the cost of a new light :fire: :fire:

so everyone, DON'T buy from nan wah :curse: :curse:

Seems your mum's particular about food. :dunno:

So long as your mum's diet is watched carefully, it shouldn't be a problem right? :)

two grouses

1. they count the 1yr warranty from the day of purchase, not day of delivery. so if want to buy must buy then install immediately (though i won't recommend them to anyone)

2. the ballast cost $16 a pc. i was told at purchase that they do free replacement but now they tell me it's a 1yr thing :furious: :furious:

can you imagine paying $16 to replace the ballast when i can get a similar light at that price or $3.9 from ikea? the twin light bulb one is worse, there's 2 ballast in there so it'll cost $32 to replace, just slightly less than the cost of a new light :fire: :fire:

yrs is light problem. i got problem with my place too lei. my plaster boards all getting mouldy. :dunno:

two grouses

we got out 2 bedroom lights from them too in 06 - didnt like their attitude at all - sales person was stuck up. But hb liked that particular light so we ended up buying from them. Never intend to visit that shop again.

btw, go get the applecare

think it's $200+ for another 2 more years of warranty

anything wrong they just replace for free, including the screen

my baobei sat on my MBP and spoilt the screen (got colour lines)

but they just replace without question :notti:

Spore Apple Store put the Apple care for Macbook / Air at SGD 446

any lobangs to get around 200plus? hehe

http://store.apple.com/sg/product/MA519FE/...mp;mco=MTA4Njg1

The Macbook Pro more ex at SGD 629, pro must pay pro prices..hehe

http://store.apple.com/sg/product/MA515FE/...amp;mco=NzYxODA

paiseh paiseh i blur liao

but don't buy from apple

i paid less than $400 for the applecare for my MBP

i'll check then get back to you :deal:

Daylight robbery :furious::furious::jail:

Could it be cheaper when u bought their lappy & Apple Care together? (Bundle Price) :unsure:

Good Morning Everybody! TGIF :dancingqueen::dancingqueen::jammin:

Edited by Cantona7

Seems your mum's particular about food. :dunno:

So long as your mum's diet is watched carefully, it shouldn't be a problem right? :)

yes she is particular :bangwall:

actually her diet is pretty much under control

just that sometimes she doesn't want to eat, causing her blood sugar level to drop :furious:

yesterday had to force-feed her with sugar water coz she started to tremble again :curse::curse:

just that sometimes she doesn't want to eat, causing her blood sugar level to drop :furious:

yesterday had to force-feed her with sugar water coz she started to tremble again :curse::curse:

hope ur mum gets well soon !!

Harlow apple-jie,

Its really the rice bah...really cannot eat much rice, less than a fistfull...

My FIL is a Type II disbetics oso (+ triple heartbypass patient), jus need to control diet but dont need daily jabs wan. The prick-ur-finger thing is to test the blood sugar levels rite? He does it daily nw so as to know the blood sugar count, very helpful to see if he's been over-eating what he shdnt as he's a foodie. No mre durian, cakes, rice, starch stuff etc. Eat mre fruits & oats I guess, we have a whole list of what he shd eat n cannot eat plastered on the fridge door, it helps *winks*

My FIL likes to eat Japanese food so it helps as he can eat Sashimi for dinner. If ur mom likes Chinese food, consider steamboat? Just need to find mre alternative type of cooking to lure her to eat health-foods, ganbatte!!!

Harlow apple-jie,

Its really the rice bah...really cannot eat much rice, less than a fistfull...

My FIL is a Type II disbetics oso (+ triple heartbypass patient), jus need to control diet but dont need daily jabs wan. The prick-ur-finger thing is to test the blood sugar levels rite? He does it daily nw so as to know the blood sugar count, very helpful to see if he's been over-eating what he shdnt as he's a foodie. No mre durian, cakes, rice, starch stuff etc. Eat mre fruits & oats I guess, we have a whole list of what he shd eat n cannot eat plastered on the fridge door, it helps *winks*

My FIL likes to eat Japanese food so it helps as he can eat Sashimi for dinner. If ur mom likes Chinese food, consider steamboat? Just need to find mre alternative type of cooking to lure her to eat health-foods, ganbatte!!!

Yap Greycat is right the meter reading is to test ur blood sugar and is not painful but expensive cos need to buy the filter paper every 2 months. :deal:

It must be measure in the morning b4 meal then is accurate so some day her blood sugar level is low she can afford to eat more rice but certain day will have to watch the diet.

1) Black Kopi every morning with one tablet of "EQUAL" sugar ONLY. (if she is a kopi person)

2) Whole meal bread instead of White Bread. (Anyway she is not a bread person, but it will stop her hunger if she took less rice.)

3) If bisket take the wholemeal too

4) Less rice and try for Brown rice. (Maybe hard to pursade cos my MIL also refuse to eat) :bangwall:

5) Eat more fruits and EXERCISE more. (Morning Walk 1 hr downstair) :sport-smiley-003:

6) Drink more water in the DAY time cos when u exercise u will need water to recover.

hmmm... if she doesnt wanna eat then get her to drink a cup of milo.... its worse if a person goes hypo than hyper. get her have small frequent meals as compared to 3 meals... diabetics need to have breakfast, teabreak, lunch, teabreak, dinner, supper...

you cn always mix brown rice with white rice... so its not that hard to eat...

diabetics tend to be more thirsty so lotsa water is good...

with regards to checking of the blood glucose level, sometimes they have offers.. u but the strips and they give the machine free... hospital pharmacies usually have some promotion going on... do check with the doctor if it is necessary to check daily... for some pple it is not... so no point pricking urself daily just to regulate ur diet... it does hurt if u prick the wrong area... and must alternate fingers... if ure not sure abt anything, always check back with your endocrinologist.... they wld knw best...

also have to make sure ur mum doesnt go step on those pebbles barefoot and becareful of cuts & grazes... diabetics tend to have slower healing rate... they also have less sensation over their lower limbs... blood circulation is somehow affected... so must wear proper footwear...

quite a lot of things to look out for... heh....

my dad also triple bypass patient... did his bypass in oct 06... also has hypertension, high cholesterol and diabetes... my mum has diabetes and hypertension.. guess i wun be able to escape from it in future... haiiii

oh well ur mum will be fine she jus needs to adjust her food n lifestyle a bit... tk care!