Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RyanYTH

My Modern Zen 2-Room 35sqm (Type 1) HDB BTO Apartment Renovation Journey

New Entry: Blog Entry Date: 12th July 2017 Wednesday

Short update this time.

Final drafts of my 3D Drawings (including Living Room)

Made a new appointment to meet up with ID to visit Luxury Baths and Lightings.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 7/12/2017 at 3:16 PM, ryanyth said:

New Entry: Blog Entry Date: 12th July 2017 Wednesday

Short update this time.

Final drafts of my 3D Drawings (including Living Room)

Made a new appointment to meet up with ID to visit Luxury Baths and Lightings.

Your 3D Drawing is very nice.. i like the kitchen feel.

Your living room, the distance between your tv and sofa seem abit near, what size TV your getting?

lol. u really risk taker... the tatami if really spill food or drink, gonna take alot of effort to clean so perhaps keep all the eating/drinking at dining table so minimise such accident.
but overall your hse looks very cosy.... will invite us go take alook? hahaha... 

On 7/8/2017 at 11:33 PM, ryanyth said:

Always good to hear from you too Rufus :D
Final quote by ID is 25k, but of course actual amount give or take would be 30k (not including appliances + furnitures)

I'm glad that you got news that people at your estate are getting keys, which means your turn is not far off.
Feb 2018 isn't that far away, considering now already July 2017. Thats more or less about 9 months more.
Think of it as your BTO BABY start growing already and 9 months later gonna give birth liao! lol!! :P

Good that your CC is holding a meet and greet.
While the information isn't anything new, its still good to go down, as they may post the ACTUAL photos of
people who applied for OCS furnishings like how mine was. Do remember to take those photos and show your ID.

Anyway i've made a recce down onsite today. Prices seems quite expensive to be honest.
Hope everyone can give tips on where to buy cheaper. (other than Taobao of course lol)

my ID quote me 20K, (est. but still working out quote.)
actually at first say can squeeze queen size bed and wardrobe.. now tell me cannot.. propose shift wardrobe to living room or bomb shelter and will camouflage so cannot see is a wardrobe.. but i cannot take it!! i felt super sienz.. at first i agree.. come home whole night cannot sleep..  haha...
next day msg say i cannot accept it.. so i downsize bed to supersingle.. i die die want my wardrobe in my bedroom.. dont want to walk in and out for a dress change..  this home planing is not going well.. 1st take already make me super sienz.. haizz..

now already 2nd and 3rd blks in my BTO is being called for key collection... oh man... total 14 blocks!! still got sooo long to go for me!!! lol.. really need to carry this bb for 9mths... 

btw. where are your going to buy your electrical appliances?? i went to gaincity bto promotion thingy... they only try to push certain brands. i really dont like their style. 

i was recommended by friends to shop at those local shophouses that sell electrical applience, Shophouses like Goh Ah Bee, Goh Sin Huat.

they said the price is definitely cheaper then big players like courts, gain city as lower overhead for them. 

19 minutes ago, RuFus58 said:

btw. where are your going to buy your electrical appliances?? i went to gaincity bto promotion thingy... they only try to push certain brands. i really dont like their style. 

i was recommended by friends to shop at those local shophouses that sell electrical applience, Shophouses like Goh Ah Bee, Goh Sin Huat.

they said the price is definitely cheaper then big players like courts, gain city as lower overhead for them. 

u can try hong thai at jurong west too. I bought most of my electrical appliances from gain city. didnt compare price with GAB or hong thai but they are generally cheaper than best denki, harvey norman and courts etc. best is their 36 mths interest free installment plan and convenient located at CCK and sungei kadut.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RuFus58 said:

Your 3D Drawing is very nice.. i like the kitchen feel.
Thanks!

Your living room, the distance between your tv and sofa seem abit near, what size TV your getting?
Originally thinking of getting 65" but think think about it maybe 55". But first choice is 65".

lol. u really risk taker... the tatami if really spill food or drink, gonna take alot of effort to clean so perhaps keep
all the eating/drinking at dining table so minimise such accident.
but overall your hse looks very cosy.... will invite us go take alook? hahaha... 

Nah, i'm not doing the Living Room. I just ask him make a 3D drawing lemme see nice or not.
The only thing i'm doing for Living Room is Cove Lighting. Not Tatami or Feature Wall. I feel too difficult to clean also.
Sorry, i prefer my privacy and im a shy person so unfortunately there will be no visits. :( 
Scared invite some people who come and criticize and criticize until become very awkward lol. (Yea there are such people out there.
Already got one guy in forum look down on 2roomers already. Imagine I invite him come my place, sure very awkward.)
But i will try to take as much pictures as I can lah 

my ID quote me 20K, (est. but still working out quote.)
actually at first say can squeeze queen size bed and wardrobe.. now tell me cannot.. propose shift wardrobe to living room or bomb shelter
and will camouflage so cannot see is a wardrobe.. but i cannot take it!! i felt super sienz.. at first i agree.. come home whole night cannot sleep..  haha...
next day msg say i cannot accept it.. so i downsize bed to supersingle.. i die die want my wardrobe in my bedroom..
dont want to walk in and out for a dress change..  this home planing is not going well.. 1st take already make me super sienz.. haizz..
Is like that one lah, especially for us 2 roomers, even worse is 35sqm only.
The only thing i can say is compromises will definitely be made. The idea is how to work around it that can still satisfy you.
Its not easy, but a good ID will help very much contribute ideas. For me, i compromise by making my HHshelter into the wardrobe, you may have other ideas.

now already 2nd and 3rd blks in my BTO is being called for key collection... oh man... total 14 blocks!!
still got sooo long to go for me!!! lol.. really need to carry this bb for 9mths... 
LOL!!! ya does feel like carry a BB!!! :D

btw. where are your going to buy your electrical appliances?? i went to gaincity bto promotion thingy...
they only try to push certain brands. i really dont like their style. 
I'm hoping for a good public holiday sale (I think by the time my reno finish should be around Deepavali)
and i'm going for either Courts or Harvey Norman. Or Lazada or Qoo10 to buy online.

If your friends recommend the shop, then why not.
For me, i prefer big big place to shop, enjoy aircon, more modern feel lah then Shophouses.

Edited by ryanyth

On 5/24/2017 at 9:51 PM, RuFus58 said:

Wow... I finally saw a 35sqm hse pic!!!!! Thank you very much!!!!  

I am also happy the bedroom sliding door doesn't have the track at the tiles.. And also there is a wall at the top.. Not full sliding.. My ID was asking me and i had no clue coz planning to place my bedroom aircon at that area.. 

But super sad to see the kitchen... Sooooo small.. And the floor plan very similar to mine... 

Place fridge, washing machine, stove and sink.. Not much kitchen cabinet space for me.... T_T

i have to bank in on the top area for cabinets since bottom hardly will have space... 

image.jpg

Hi Ryanyth

Thank you for sharing the pictures and information.

May I know does the kitchen comes with a raised cement to build the cabinets? So when moping the floor, cabinets won't be wet. Cos from the pix, it does not seem to have :( 

On 8/11/2017 at 0:33 PM, MiniBean said:

Hi Ryanyth

May I know does the kitchen comes with a raised cement to build the cabinets? So when moping the floor, cabinets won't be wet. Cos from the pix, it does not seem to have :( 

Hi Minibean,
Thanks. Honestly i do not know as I have not gotten my keys to get an actual look.
Those pics were from a RC event. I also dun think HDB will do this, more like a job for ID or Contractor to do.

nice, good space planning n color combi.. tv 65" kinda oversize, if can reduce 55'' 

i am also a future 2room owner, coming sept to choose unit at punggol...

side track a little, i am also an ID for 4years, those 2rooms owners feel free to contact me for advices or reno, quote renotalk 2roomer, giving good rate for 2rooms owners like myself :) thanks everyone.. pm me :) 

• Like 3

On 8/11/2017 at 0:33 PM, MiniBean said:

Hi Ryanyth

Need to get your tiler to build the base.

mmoh :

yes, my BTO FB Group have been posting price list quoted by Kong Tai (Jur West) after checking gain city promo.

fridge, stove and hobs are cheaper. TV is not.  am thinking when the time gets closer, i will check the mega stores prices and then email Kong Tai & ask them quote. 

they are very prompt in their reply. as shared by my future neighbors. 

i will see if the saving is a considerable amount. like you mentioned, the mega stores attraction are the interest free installment which i am not planing on taking up.

if local electrical stalls give a better price for upfront payment. i can at least see some saving in appliance that i can splurge in other areas.

Ryanyth :

i am keen on a curve 65 inch tv, myself.. lol... TV is my primary source of entertainment at home... just that my ID keep saying 55 inch good enough.. but no, my heart is set on 65 curve! :D

no worries on the house visit.. i understand, pictures shared are good enough. my only area of worry is my toilet wet and dry area. i really hope my frend can find a way to make it happen.
our floor planning is almost identical, i am planning to seal my living room by putting a door from beginning of toilet wall to bomb shelter wall... tat will serve as my privacy area and also kitchen cooking smell.
i can open my door and let the air travel from corridor to kitchen window, with my living room sealed. 
and when i am chilling in my living room watching TV, it will shield the prying eyes from corridor and keep the aircon cool in living room..  thinking for frosted glass.. i will do some research on this.. 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2017 at 1:07 PM, mmoh said:

u can try hong thai at jurong west too. I bought most of my electrical appliances from gain city. didnt compare price with GAB or hong thai but they are generally cheaper than best denki, harvey norman and courts etc. best is their 36 mths interest free installment plan and convenient located at CCK and sungei kadut.

bought all my big ticket appliances from gain city too, came up to ard $8K. i didnt realize they had this BTO promo going on and i ended up buying without knowing and went back to ask them abt it the next day. the manager gave me $350 worth of vouchers, on top of that they gave me a discounted price when i made the purchases, so savings came up to ard $700+ (including the vouchers). i think the guys at the sungei kadut branch are also generally friendlier and more pro. they also did price matching by giving me more vouchers after i pointed out best denki is selling an item i got for cheaper. no idea what the prices are for those HDB shops but alot of items are not on display so i think its already a minus since i want to be able to see and feel before buying. 

Very long time never update the blog already. Sorry folks. :P

Still waiting for my keys from HDB argghhh.
Just wanna upload this simple but important milestone picture.

The FIRST TIME i can literally stand right at my apartment's doorstep and touch my house gate!!
AHHHHHHHHHH!?!?!?! where are my keys HDB?????? :D

20992872_351480538640549_1446078242520545170_n.jpg.8be6e7b6ce2d77612139982117e7176c.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ryanyth said:

Very long time never update the blog already. Sorry folks. :P

Still waiting for my keys from HDB argghhh.
Just wanna upload this simple but important milestone picture.

The FIRST TIME i can literally stand right at my apartment's doorstep and touch my house gate!!
AHHHHHHHHHH!?!?!?! where are my keys HDB?????? :D

20992872_351480538640549_1446078242520545170_n.jpg.8be6e7b6ce2d77612139982117e7176c.jpg

i know how you feel. i waited 5+ years for my BTO, countless times i just stood outside the gate and "sayang-ed" my main door from outside lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

wah.. you can touch it..... look at mine... have to bio from far.... cause its barricade up... only 2 of the 14 blocks can access.. rest all barricade till key collection is due!  T_T

dont worry... soon you will be able roll the pineapple.. hahaha...  huat ah!!!

21077551_10155580550315396_1497465325972371596_n (1).jpg

• Like 1