Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RyanYTH

My Modern Zen 2-Room 35sqm (Type 1) HDB BTO Apartment Renovation Journey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

1609 (go buy 4D) hahaha...

congrats rayan!!! finally you have received the notification from HDB!!

from mid Sep onwards, your renovation can start in full swing! :yeah:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RuFus58 said:

1609 (go buy 4D) hahaha...

congrats rayan!!! finally you have received the notification from HDB!!

from mid Sep onwards, your renovation can start in full swing! :yeah:

Thanks Rufus!
Yes indeed. Finally the real adventure has begun!
Don't worry, it will soon be your turn! Are you starting a reno blog also? 

• Like 1

On 12/07/2017 at 3:16 PM, ryanyth said:

New Entry: Blog Entry Date: 12th July 2017 Wednesday

Short update this time.

Final drafts of my 3D Drawings (including Living Room)

Made a new appointment to meet up with ID to visit Luxury Baths and Lightings.

21 hours ago, ryanyth said:

Thanks Rufus!
Yes indeed. Finally the real adventure has begun!
Don't worry, it will soon be your turn! Are you starting a reno blog also? 

Yes, after months of seeing the 3D Model, you can finally step into your flat and visualize the actual design.. how exciting.. 

i think by End Oct, you can move in already.. Finally, under your own roof!   :)

4 Qtr is really an ideal period to get keys... (at least for me, its the jackpot)

that's why i was praying hard i can get it.. its the lull period for me and that is when we will start clearing our annual leaves.

it would have been great to have the time off to run ard for my reno and purchase and focus 100% on house and not work.

but sadly its not meant to be! i get at 1 Qtr 18, when it will be so disruptive to take leaves to run ard for key collection/appliance shopping and reno spotcheck.

i don't think i can peacefully take leave and settle my house stuff as beginning of the year is when work starts full swing.

my focus cannot be 100% at my house... so that will answer your blog question..  sadly, i won't have the bandwidth to maintain a blog.

but i believe i will come to forum ask the for advise when i get stuck with reno issues.. especially from mmoh and you (since u all been there, done that)

Hope you all can patiently guide me along.. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RuFus58 said:

Yes, after months of seeing the 3D Model, you can finally step into your flat and visualize the actual design.. how exciting.. 

i think by End Oct, you can move in already.. Finally, under your own roof!   :)

4 Qtr is really an ideal period to get keys... (at least for me, its the jackpot)

that's why i was praying hard i can get it.. its the lull period for me and that is when we will start clearing our annual leaves.

it would have been great to have the time off to run ard for my reno and purchase and focus 100% on house and not work.

but sadly its not meant to be! i get at 1 Qtr 18, when it will be so disruptive to take leaves to run ard for key collection/appliance shopping and reno spotcheck.

i don't think i can peacefully take leave and settle my house stuff as beginning of the year is when work starts full swing.

my focus cannot be 100% at my house... so that will answer your blog question..  sadly, i won't have the bandwidth to maintain a blog.

but i believe i will come to forum ask the for advise when i get stuck with reno issues.. especially from mmoh and you (since u all been there, done that)

Hope you all can patiently guide me along.. 

what you can do during your lull period:

- talk to IDs and contractors and shortlist those you have good impression with, you can let them see the actual unit after collecting keys to finalise the quote.

- start to shop around for furniture & fittings and electrical appliances. Tip: Air con will be cheaper during year end cos demand is lower. You can place deposit and arrange for delivery & installation later if you want to chope the good price.

Edited: oh ya, you already got ID liao. so can skip the 1st point :P

Edited by mmoh

• Like 1

Congrats on the key collection. :good:

Once gotten the keys please remember to check for defects, esp. the water test in the bathroom.

As most 3D drawings are not accurate to size, it will be great you can just bring musking tape and paste the layout of the things in the house, you will roughly able to gauge the walking space and etc 

Hope this helps

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Songz said:

Once gotten the keys please remember to check for defects, esp. the water test in the bathroom.

What sort of water test? :unsure:

4 hours ago, Songz said:

As most 3D drawings are not accurate to size, it will be great you can just bring musking tape and paste the layout of the things in the house, you will roughly able to gauge the walking space and etc 

Hope this helps

Thanks for the tips!
No worries, my ID will be there doing full defect check.
Masking tape is a good idea, will be bringing a roll of it to do the rough gauge.

7 minutes ago, Stream said:

What sort of water test? :unsure:

I think he means pour some water in the bathroom, make sure it all flows away to ensure the bathroom water drainage works ok.

Edited by ryanyth

5 hours ago, ryanyth said:

Thanks for the tips!
No worries, my ID will be there doing full defect check.
Masking tape is a good idea, will be bringing a roll of it to do the rough gauge.

I think he means pour some water in the bathroom, make sure it all flows away to ensure the bathroom water drainage works ok.

Yap.

To make sure the flow of water is ok, if the slope of the bathroom is not to drainage you will have poodle of water 

On 09/05/2017 at 11:26 PM, ryanyth said:

Blog Entry Date: 9th May 2017 Tuesday

Abit of General Background:

Hello Everyone,

My estate is Admiralty Grove located right next to Spectra Sec School in Woodlands,
and i'd like to take this opportunity to share my renovation journey with you.
I hope the information I put here may be useful to anyone who is also starting on their renovation soon!

As of the time of writing, I have not yet gotten my keys and according to HDB it'll be around Q3 2017.
As time goes by, I will post whenever possible right from Concept 3D Design to ID selection up to Completion of Renovation.
Hopefully, everything goes smoothly. This is also my first time writing a blog so please be gentle with me! :D

adm1.jpg.ab3cc9c53f9fb6a546e2cf7f496083b1.jpg

townmap_100.jpg.e7ad61e87f9d1cf5f5346917893d24d6.jpg