Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bernice Chua

Heng Chye Huat Metal works - DO NOT ENGAGE!!!!

DO NOT ENGAGE!

+++++

HENG CHYE HUAT METAL WORKS

co. Reg number 53242976A

Wong - 9696 2833

7030 Ang Mo Kio 5 #03-34, Northstar @ AMK, Singapore 569880

www.hchwindowndoors.com.sg

FB : facebook.com/chyehuat.heng.54

++++

When I 1st contact Wong for a quote on my home bathrooms, service yard and kitchen doors installation, he was very responsive.

In fact, after the phone call, he sent me his e-namecard, doors materials that he uses and photos of his past work immediately. 1st impression was really good, that's why we chose to engage him for the job.

26 March 2017 - met up for measurement and discussion on site, he turned up on time and gave us some recommendations if we would like to lower our budget on certain items.

that night, I made payment to him. we made a mistake to make FULL PAYMENT. Next 1 week all was good. he was very responsive when we were out of town, and even sent me photos of the type of doors I would be doing.

17 March 2017 - installation date. he only installed the toilet bifold doors. Service yard, kitchen doors & a fixed panel as agreed to be installed together - NOT DONE. **Red Flag**

19 April 2017  - Service yard, kitchen doors & a fixed panel to be installed. when asked, he said his worker made then opening of the door int he wrong direction, need to redo.

27 April 2017 - he told us the doors will be installed on 3 May 2017.

3 May 2017 - texted him on hows the installation, NO REPLY.we went down to check that night. NOT DONE YET.

4 May 2017 - MIA the entire AM & noon. never answer our calls or reply text msges. evening he called us back saying his phone was locked in his customer house, just managed to get it. so we agreed the installation to be on 7 May 2017.

7 May 2017 - oh god. he was really getting on my freaking nerves. he came and only install the frames of the doors. 1 of the doors only. & he drilled holes all over my walls. he did not bring the tempered glasses panels and door!!!! the reason he told us was. all his tempered glasses were stacked up together and my glasses are below, he was unable to take it out as the glasses on top are too heavy.

We gave in to install the panels on 11 May 2017. He proposed the date himself btw.

11 May 2017 (today) - I contacted him today. Guess what. he told me his worker is on MC today. shorthanded. asked to postpone to tomorrow 12 May 2017. 

it has been more than a month to install those doors. & what I got was 2 toilet doors, frames dangling in my service yard, and holes in the walls in my kitchen. There were ppl leaving bad comments on his fb page too. I contacted them to ask bout their situation. 1 of them told me that he did eventually get back. but it was after months & after a police report

SO, ENGAGE HIM AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Edited by Bernice Chua

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 5/11/2017 at 11:30 AM, Bernice Chua said:

DO NOT ENGAGE!

+++++

HENG CHYE HUAT METAL WORKS

co. Reg number 53242976A

Wong - 9696 2833

7030 Ang Mo Kio 5 #03-34, Northstar @ AMK, Singapore 569880

www.hchwindowndoors.com.sg

FB : facebook.com/chyehuat.heng.54

++++

When I 1st contact Wong for a quote on my home bathrooms, service yard and kitchen doors installation, he was very responsive.

In fact, after the phone call, he sent me his e-namecard, doors materials that he uses and photos of his past work immediately. 1st impression was really good, that's why we chose to engage him for the job.

26 March 2017 - metup for measurement and discussion on site, he turned up on time and gave us some recommendations if we would like to lower our budget on certain items.

that night, I made payment to him. we made a mistake to make FULL PAYMENT. Next 1 week all was good. he was responsive when we were out of town, and send me photos of the type of doors I would be doing.

17 March 2017 - installation date. he only installed the toilet bifold doors. Service yard, kitchen doors & a fixed panel as agreed to be installed together - NOT DONE. **RED FLAG**

19 April 2017  - Service yard, kitchen doors & a fixed panel to be installed. when asked, he said his worker made then opening of the door int he wrong direction, need to redo. ****ing ****.

27 April 2017 - he told us the doors will be installed on 3 May 2017.

3 May 2017 - texted him on hows the installation, NO REPLY.we went down to check that night. NOT DONE YET.

4 May 2017 - MIA the entire AM & noon. never answer our calls or reply text msges. evening he called us back saying his phone was locked in his customer house, just managed to get it. so we agreed the installation to be on 7 May 2017.

7 May 2017 - oh god. he was really getting on my freaking nerves. he came and only install the frames of the doors. 1 of the doors only. & he drilled holes all over my walls. he did not bring the tempered glasses panels and door!!!! the reason he told us was. all his tempered glasses were stacked up together and mine glasses as below, he was unable to take it out as the glasses on top are too heavy.

Goodness. do not make your problem my problem. We gave in to install the panels on 11 May 2017. He proposed the date himself btw! 

11 May 2017 (today) - I contacted him today. GUESS WHAT. he told me his worker is on MC today. shorthanded. asked to postpone to tomorrow 12 May 2017. **** NO!

it has been more than a month to install those doors. & what I got was 2 toilet doors, half *** frames dangling in my service yard, and hold in the walls in my kitchen. There were ppl leaving bad comments on his fb page too. I contacted them to ask bout their situation. 1 of them told me that he did eventually get back. but it was after months & after a police report

SO, ENGAGE HIM AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Dear Bernice.  I fell victim to him.  Did your situation eventually resolve?  I am now pursuing my claim of deposit through SCT.  But he is accusing me of delaying his work by repeatedly changing my design.

Dear Benice,

Another victim ...... That's me!

My 3 Rooms doors ...unable to close them from behind.

Paid additional cost for the new designed door knobs.He replaced with the new one without changing the strike plates.

When messaged him about this problem, he did not turn up but sent his Indian worker down .  Worker took a tool to file the old strike plates!! OMG!!!

New door knob set should come with the  strike plates right? Wong is suppose to turn up to check . But he did not show up. What can we tell this worker?? After all he is just a worker not a vendor for me to raise my issues to him. Wong , who is the boss should be taking the responsibility of the problems raised. Not the worker's .

Even before this incident, the main door lock and door knob were changed into a new one and i paid $100/-separately.Asked for the original receipt, no reply.

Problem...... cannot close the door properly. i only realised then that strike plates were not balanced. One with wood and one without it.

When i call , Wong message me that the man is on MC!

The Indian worker came on a different date with a tool , to file the strike plates. i stopped him and demanded for the original  wood which comes in a set. He left and came back with a modified wood!! it was so frustrating.

The toilet doors have problems too. When i open my room door, the toilet door force opens immediately by itself. The noise is so loud.

When i tell the worker, he told me that the this fashion toilet door is like this !! 

Very angry!!!

I messaged him. if he cannot resolve the matter, he can take back all is doors for free.

Now wanted to report to case and police.

Any other options to sue the company???

I should come here to search for review before i engage him, now i also suffer the same as above. T.T the Wong is super untrustful and could not deliver promise at all.  All kind of excuses could be given. PLEASE DO NOT ENGAGE HENG CHYE HUAT - WONG mobile +65 9696 2833

On 27 August, 2018 at 11:03 AM, Wallabebe said:

I should come here to search for review before i engage him, now i also suffer the same as above. T.T the Wong is super untrustful and could not deliver promise at all.  All kind of excuses could be given. PLEASE DO NOT ENGAGE HENG CHYE HUAT - WONG mobile +65 9696 2833

Hi Wallabebe

How is your situation right now?

Has anyone engaged them recently? Are they still as bad and risky? I am looking for aluminium cabinet solutions for my kitchen, but Alustil exceeded my budget.