Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jtjxht

Buy from LIVING INSTINCT at your OWN RISK !!!

We thought the company would have improved as the reviews on them were on year 2009 and 2011, not until we have gone through the same then we realised that a leopard will never able to change it's spots no matter how well they present themselves upfront.

We placed our order for 1 king size and 3 single size "Nature's Rest" mattress & divan sets during an expo fair they participated on Dec 2016 and were told and reassured that all we have to do was to give them 1 month advance notice before the actual delivery date.

So on beginning March, we called Arthur the sales rep who served us to arrange a delivery on end March , after a few corrrespondences, he confirmed that the delivery can be done on 28 Mar. We were happily expecting for the delivery but only remembered to call 3 days before it to check with him what were the initially agreed free gifts that would come with the delivery, only then that we were told of the king size was not available for the delivery. 

We were slightly disappointed but thought to give some benefit of doubt since their reason is one of their sales "accidentally" sold off our set, so we gave another their so called 1 month notice to ask for the set to be delivered latest by end Apr. By that time, they sounded unsure and said they can try but latest to deliver by 15 May! Which means to say an item can only delivered 2.5 months from date of notice instead of 1 month which they claimed.

They offered a $200 off for compensation but as their uncertainty cause some lost in confidence, we told them that we do not need the $200 off but instead counter proposed that a $200 off weekly if the delivery continue to delay every week, it was something we did not wish for, as we thought as long as the company is confident enough to deliver on what they claimed latest by 15 May, the $200 off weekly will not happen at all! This counter proposal was designed to prevent them from further delay in delivery. 

Arthur was very happy that we threw back the $200 discount & agreed to our counter proposal verbally, since we had the agreement we thought it would be safer for us to ask for a written agreement on it. We have  been chasing him for the written agreement but after 3 days only to find out that they could not agree to our proposal as they could only cap the maximum lost at $300, they said any amount more than that they will lose money!! Such remark shatter our confidence totally in them. Why were they afraid to lose money or why did they see themselves that they will lose money if they were confident enough for the delivery?!?! Which means chances of delays would happened even after 15 May!!

We have totally lost confidence in them not only on the delivery date but also worried what would they be delivering to us? Would it be the same quality that we tried during purchase or a different grade? We concluded that they did not have the intention to keep their promise right from the day of our purchase and are now wondering if the 3 single size are of the same quality as our kids have yet to sleep on their beds. Since the company have messed up our "Feng Shui" date, we have to delay to move in our new house now. With all these in our heads, we have decided to "cut loss" and move on, we do not want to have any more dealing with them nor let them come into our house.

There was a balance of $2K not paid to them and we just have to cancel the king size knowingly if we were to just order a king size bed alone will cost us more. We have wasted our time and have to go through the searching process again, hopefully anyone who is going to buy from them will not be as unlucky. We have since ordered from King Koil which cost us $3K+ and will deliver next week. Anyway, we understand from reviews that they used to have some office or store at Sungei Kadut but already closed down and according to their Invoice there is a showroom in IMM, we guess they participate in expo fair quite often as we saw their booth twice and both times their booth looks presentable with the Nature's Rest signage, good luck!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

This company has dubious processes. No response and follow up from company despite several calls to enquire about delay of delivery and non-conformity to contract agreement (delivered item does not fully meet specifications).

My general impression of this company is that they are very quick to promise you things, but fail to deliver or even follow up when they cannot meet production/ delivery deadlines.

Some common excuses they give:

1) let me check with my delivery dept, I think their delivery schedule is full

2) I think there is a delay in shipment from our overseas factory (they didn't even know where the item is, shucks!)

3) our office staff is on leave/ on holiday so cannot process (win already lor, delay tactics)

4) let me check with my head office and get back to you (as expected, they didn't get back in the end)

5) but I called you yesterday already, but couldn't get you (they didn't call lah, my phone has none of their caller records)

--------

Don't waste time on them. Go to Small Claims Tribunal and CASE websites and lodge a complaint on them online. Maybe they will be keen to entertain you when official authorities demand accountability from them. If not, treat it as donation to dubious business.

Hi all 

Thanks goodness I did a check on this company before going down to ExpoHall 5 to purchase a 3-seater sofa from them. I'm horrified from reading the bad reviews of this company.

My wife and me have decided to explore other companies to search for our sofa. 

Much appreciated to members who are willing to share their bad experiences. You all have certainly saved my family from experiencing a potential financial disaster.

On 10/1/2017 at 2:12 PM, Kelvin Choo said:

Hi all 

Thanks goodness I did a check on this company before going down to ExpoHall 5 to purchase a 3-seater sofa from them. I'm horrified from reading the bad reviews of this company.

My wife and me have decided to explore other companies to search for our sofa. 

Much appreciated to members who are willing to share their bad experiences. You all have certainly saved my family from experiencing a potential financial disaster.

We weren't so fortunate ... we had purchased a king size bed, single size bed and a dining set from them during the Expo Fair on 30 Sep. The items were supposed to be delivered on 9 Dec which was more than 2 months away.

Last week, I called up the salesperson (won't name him here) to inform him that we'll be heading down to IMM over the weekend to make the balance payment and also to confirm that everything is fine. He told me to look for his colleague as he is away. On Sat, before I had the chance to head down, his colleague called and told me that there is an issue with my dining set and  they will not be able to delivery it on 9 Dec. The excuse given was that their factory had missed out the order. Regardless if this excuse is true, it means something is wrong with their processes. There is no system nor anyone to keep track of the orders and the timeline.  If I had not called up, likely they won't call me either. We couldn't change the date as this date was given by our fengshui master. Also the next date is almost a month away and we have to move out from our current place by 15 Dec as we have rented it out.

To cut things short, we had to cancel our dining set and will have to start looking again in such a tight timeline. They have given us the assurance that the beds are in order and the delivery will be on time. We shall see how it goes and I will post an update after 9 Dec. 

1 month ago, we entered this shop in IMM. We were served by Adrian who recommended us and provided lots of information on how to take care of leather sofas. His service was excellent and he was very patient with us. We actually spoke to him for 2 hours and finally confirmed the design and colour of a leather sofa set. The sofa set was then put together in their factory and delivery was a month later. Prior to the delivery date, we asked if it was possible to receive earlier. Adrian checked and reverted that the sofa was in transit from the factory. To our delight, the sofa arrived 2 days earlier! We are so happy with the quality of the sofa, the delivery and the service level!