Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dadida

Removing my KOI pond

Just bought a 6yrs old semi d that comes with a KOI pond. We thought of removing it due to the maintenance. 

It is in good working conditions. Does anyone knows if I can trade in the koi pond? It is rectangular in size.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I am not sure. Heard from a friend's friend that I can trade in the koi pond. The interested buyer will remove pond and all the stuff and fill up the hole.

Or there is no such thing? Just trying my luck to see if anyone can advise.

normally people will not buy the pond, or u have to wait really long for a buyer to be interested. because most fish lovers will not take a 2nd hand pond, fearing of contamination to their fishes etc etc. quickest way is to just ask people to dispose it away and fill up the hole.

This is a bit late, but there are ways to reduce the amount of maintenance you need to do on a koi pond with a bit of investment and technology. Most koi ponds in Singapore are built using brush and mat filters, which require maintenance every two weeks for optimal fish health. These are pushed for mainly one thing - maintenance costs pond owners will pay "professional" cleaners to do the dirty work for them. Modern easy maintenance (5m every two days, hands dry vs 4 hours every other weekend, whole body soaking wet) filters can be easily retro fit to a koi pond.

There are a few schools of thought to achieve this.. If you haven't already destroyed your koi pond, I'd be happy to share with you some possibilities.

A video from my self cleaning pond is below. Crystal clear water down to 5ft, no mats or brushes to clean. I inspect the system mechanically once a month for wear and damage. There have been mechanical issues with my filter the past couple of years, but these have mostly been sorted out. This was a small price to pay for the self cleaning aspect. If you can go without crystal clear water, a simpler (manually flushed, and far cheaper) particulates separator can be installed that has no moving parts. (Google Ultrasieve)

• Thanks 1