Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

HI all, 

This is one of my current project, an EC located at Edgedale plain. Below are the existing and new proposed layout. The general idea is to combine the the balcony and the living area together and my client can have a dining space with outdoor view. 

EXISTING%20LAYOUT%20copy_zpsum5xbie4.jpg

PROPOSED%20LAYOUT%20copy_zpsgauiqqxa.jpg

IMG_20170104_130840_zpsvvs2iuib.jpg

IMG_20170104_124458_zpspmsvbhgg.jpg

Thanks for viewing. 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Junlong,

I see that the balcony sliding door has been removed. In that case, how do u keep cold air from the living rm aircon in? 

Edited by El LoCo

On 18/06/2017 at 6:28 PM, fi5hbone said:

Looking good! And nice idea to combine the balcony and living area! 

Thanks. Have to credit my client for their idea. 

On 19/06/2017 at 10:37 AM, El LoCo said:

Hi Junlong,

I see that the balcony sliding door has been removed. In that case, how do u keep cold air from the living rm aircon in? 

We have actually install sliding louver panel along the balcony railing to enclose the area if need be.   

Hi All, 

Here are some photos of the completed renovation.

001.jpg.df8f756dd271dd9dc110a5e26b89116a.jpg003.jpg.a399124cdeb44c776700baf97a1f313f.jpg004.jpg.9705ea8a74761955f2bbaf08e715b97d.jpg005.jpg.5e13cdd0d7b11a9e1a3220fba81727b0.jpg

This has been a relatively short renovation project, I hope you all like the end result. Thanks for viewing.

Edited by Junlong
Image hosting issue

I noticed you level up the balcony and removed the sliding doors of the balcony, is this allowed by the condo management or URA? Very interested to know. thanks

On 27/06/2017 at 9:44 AM, Septh said:

I noticed you level up the balcony and removed the sliding doors of the balcony, is this allowed by the condo management or URA? Very interested to know. thanks

Hi Septh, the management only concern was about removing the sliding doors as it would affect the facade. But my client is willing to take the risk of reinstalling it back if they decide to sell the unit in the future. 

18 hours ago, Junlong said:

Hi Septh, the management only concern was about removing the sliding doors as it would affect the facade. But my client is willing to take the risk of reinstalling it back if they decide to sell the unit in the future. 

I see, it's so nice to make the balcony into such a usable space as normally the balcony so huge but the interior is puny. Does the louvre keep the air con in the house? Because from my understanding, louvres will have gaps in between so if heavy rain the water might still come in.

On 03/07/2017 at 10:44 AM, Septh said:

I see, it's so nice to make the balcony into such a usable space as normally the balcony so huge but the interior is puny. Does the louvre keep the air con in the house? Because from my understanding, louvres will have gaps in between so if heavy rain the water might still come in.

Hi Septh, actually the louvres is holding up quite well against the rain. We only observe some water left along the track after heavy rain. For the aircon, my client actually seldom turn on the unit in living area.