Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hello Friends and Forumers, like others, I have been lurking and hovering around all the wonderful t-blogs and asking all the seniors here for advice and tips...

To mark my own renovation journey i'm starting very own t-blog! There will be no extravagant designs nor WOW effects, just a simple place i called HOME. 

Here's the floor plan:

FullSizeRender.jpg.c7f53b2869d5c8e4f160a3e544f44794.jpg

My first appointment is a month away from now so this give me sometime to decide on the long list of items to b done for a new place. This is a 30 years old resale so i reckon i will need to overhaul the whole place.

I'm setting the budget as below: 

Budget for Renovation: $50-60K (was told it's going to be at least $50k for a resale)

Budget for Furnishing and Electrical appliances: $20k

Let's see if i can stay within this!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

depends on how much you want to do, but i think $50k is quite minimal and try to save on some areas which can't be seen.

18 hours ago, May_dream1 said:

depends on how much you want to do, but i think $50k is quite minimal and try to save on some areas which can't be seen.

ahh, the master is here! Was about to check with you on the smart home idea!

yes... i hope with my budget

3 hours ago, izong said:

ahh, the master is here! Was about to check with you on the smart home idea!

yes... i hope with my budget

i still owe those reading my t-blog on my smart home idea. hahahahaha...... i better update that soon. :P

your layout is nice rectangular.... very easy to make it interesting.... 

reno have to consider budget for furnishing + electrical appliances..... so usually i will add both together cos you can add in an island then no need to buy a separate dining table. 

electrical items would be those reno cannot incl like aircon, fridge, washing machine, stove, water heater, oven etc.

for furnishing, if done by reno then will last longer but also means its perm and cannot move as you like to different position. but human are creature of habit, if that dining table is there, usually we will not move it anywhere else..... so no reason that i cannot be perm. consider all these before you starts reno.

Gd luck with your overhaul.... can start to shortlist ID / contractors Liao... its quite time consuming talking to IDs / contractors.... 

4 hours ago, May_dream1 said:

i still owe those reading my t-blog on my smart home idea. hahahahaha...... i better update that soon. :P

your layout is nice rectangular.... very easy to make it interesting.... 

reno have to consider budget for furnishing + electrical appliances..... so usually i will add both together cos you can add in an island then no need to buy a separate dining table. 

electrical items would be those reno cannot incl like aircon, fridge, washing machine, stove, water heater, oven etc.

for furnishing, if done by reno then will last longer but also means its perm and cannot move as you like to different position. but human are creature of habit, if that dining table is there, usually we will not move it anywhere else..... so no reason that i cannot be perm. consider all these before you starts reno.

Thanks for the tips!!

Yes, looking forward to your update cos i want a smart home too!!

4 hours ago, Kobelala said:

Gd luck with your overhaul.... can start to shortlist ID / contractors Liao... its quite time consuming talking to IDs / contractors.... 

Thanks!!

I started with that as the current owner kindly agreed that i can reno as soon as after the first appointment :) 

Will soon be able to update on the part of searching for an ID.

1 hour ago, izong said:

Thanks!!

I started with that as the current owner kindly agreed that i can reno as soon as after the first appointment :) 

Will soon be able to update on the part of searching for an ID.

That's very kind of the seller.... good for u bro :D

Went to the IT show yesterday to get something but ended up buy a 55" TV... dunno whether this is a correct purchase :rolleyes:

I should really settle the impt items like getting the window replace and find an electrician!

Finally after speaking to many i decided on my ID. I don't have any moodboard (too lazy and i also don't really know what i want) so i left it to the ID to advise. 

I will share more on the selections but i guess a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's some of the pictures.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture5.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture8.JPG

Capture7.JPG

Capture6.JPG 

This aren't really what i had in mind but the ID managed to come up with a drawing board, so that's step 1 done i guess. Now waiting for the amendment to be done to the 3D drawings.

Will also need to decide on the flooring etc...

Due to cost, i'm sourcing for my own on the electrician and the replacement of all the windows but the ID say they will co-ordinate. Can trust them right to do that right? 

Edited by izong