Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
confucius87

AA/Rebuild Corner Terrance

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

how old is the existing house?

you will need to purchase the existing building plans and have a professional engineer to compute whether the existing structure is able to take the load of an additional storey or not. Since the PE might not be versed in the various planning requirements, you may need to engage an architect as well to do the necessary design and submissions.

anyway, i think chances of you being able to add an additional storey is quite low. even if the existing structure can be reinforced to take the additional load, it might be better to just demolish and rebuilt as there's more flexibility in the design of your dream home rather than work around the constraints of the existing building structure.

5 hours ago, snoozee said:

how old is the existing house?

you will need to purchase the existing building plans and have a professional engineer to compute whether the existing structure is able to take the load of an additional storey or not. Since the PE might not be versed in the various planning requirements, you may need to engage an architect as well to do the necessary design and submissions.

anyway, i think chances of you being able to add an additional storey is quite low. even if the existing structure can be reinforced to take the additional load, it might be better to just demolish and rebuilt as there's more flexibility in the design of your dream home rather than work around the constraints of the existing building structure.

hello snoozee, thank u for the input. current place is coming to 30years old. i'm not too sure if i have enough budget to rebuilt. Only got 1m get it done. 

So the very first step is to look for architect? any recommendations? 

Built in 80s, existing 2.5 floors shd hv high chance get to 3.5 without rebuilding. Provided the zoning allows for it.

its really a question of the materials to be used. 

Existing home or newly acquired property?

18 hours ago, confucius87 said:

hello snoozee, thank u for the input. current place is coming to 30years old. i'm not too sure if i have enough budget to rebuilt. Only got 1m get it done. 

So the very first step is to look for architect? any recommendations? 

was the house rebuilt 30 years ago or major A&A done? like what yoongf mentioned, the cost depends a lot on the materials you choose and how much GFA you decide to have so 1M could be possible.

let me know if you want an architect as I'm also in the process of doing a corner terrace rebuilt.

There are ways to add columns to support additional floors as long as you can design them to blend in to the existing house do they dun look out of place. 

Based on my experience, most landed homes that are 2-storey can be built to 3-storey but not 3.5-storey. 1-storey landed home generally needs to be demolished and re-built if you you want more than 1-storey.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:49 PM, snoozee said:

was the house rebuilt 30 years ago or major A&A done? like what yoongf mentioned, the cost depends a lot on the materials you choose and how much GFA you decide to have so 1M could be possible.

let me know if you want an architect as I'm also in the process of doing a corner terrace rebuilt.

Hi!

Mind asking a) Land size, b) Built-up area, c) building cost

My contractor  charges me 2.8m for land size of 5300 sq ft with built-up area of 7,500 sq ft for a 3.5 storey corner terrace. 

I have to pay for the kitchen cabinet and walk-in wardrobe for 5 rooms, own sanitary fittings, own VRV aircon, tiles for carporch and roof terraces.

Do you think this is reasonable?

Thanks

On 10/18/2017 at 11:00 PM, airman said:

Hi!

Mind asking a) Land size, b) Built-up area, c) building cost

My contractor  charges me 2.8m for land size of 5300 sq ft with built-up area of 7,500 sq ft for a 3.5 storey corner terrace. 

I have to pay for the kitchen cabinet and walk-in wardrobe for 5 rooms, own sanitary fittings, own VRV aircon, tiles for carporch and roof terraces.

Do you think this is reasonable?

Thanks

2.8m without all the things you mentioned seems to be on the "very" high side, unless you house is designed by famous architect which is uniquely designed and comes with high specs.

I built (still on construction) mine L3500, B6000 with swimming pool, lift and everything you mentioned for 1.3m.

Edited by cymon

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:19 PM, cymon said:

2.8m without all the things you mentioned seems to be on the "very" high side, unless you house is designed by famous architect which is uniquely designed and comes with high specs.

I built (still on construction) mine L3500, B6000 with swimming pool, lift and everything you mentioned for 1.3m.

Hi! Cymon,

What do you think should be the reasonable absolute reconstruction cost for my case? 

That is without all the things I mentioned and is NOT designed by famous architect and NOT uniquely designed and comes WITHOUT high specs; just a normal looking corner terrace.

15 hours ago, airman said:

Hi! Cymon,

What do you think should be the reasonable absolute reconstruction cost for my case? 

That is without all the things I mentioned and is NOT designed by famous architect and NOT uniquely designed and comes WITHOUT high specs; just a normal looking corner terrace.

Your house built or in the process of building?