Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 01/07/2017 at 11:43 PM, Ecnalx said:

Hi

The entire kitchen will be covered by 4 glass panels of doors. They will be made of aluminium, so that they can be light enough to be top hung.

Looking into the kitchen, the 2 panels on the left will be a foldable door. The most right panel will be a fixed door, and the 2nd panel from the right will be a sliding door (together with the most right panel). It is quite hard to illustrate, and will be easier if I just upload the pictures when installation is done next week.

We relay the requirements to my contractor and he will be settling the measurement, procurement and installation.

very interesting, cant wait for the pictures. thanks again!

Edited by bovi

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
5 hours ago, shuang said:

Hi, could you send me details of your contractor and those unselected contractors as well?

Thanks!

PM-ed. 

Hi Ecnalx, can I have the contacts for contractor N and PTL (fb page name?) for their project viewing. Thank you!

Looking forward to your complete reno journey, yr living rm is how I want mine to be too. 

5 hours ago, Nasril11 said:

Hi Ecnalx, can I have the contacts for contractor N and PTL (fb page name?) for their project viewing. Thank you!

Looking forward to your complete reno journey, yr living rm is how I want mine to be too. 

PM-ed.

Interesting! Like the way you going for the smart home concept. 

My new place is also at the north! Hope the move from the west to the north is a good one. Haha

On 7/18/2017 at 7:12 AM, NiVleK said:

Interesting! Like the way you going for the smart home concept. 

My new place is also at the north! Hope the move from the west to the north is a good one. Haha

Thanks~

11 hours ago, royaloak said:

Hi Ecnalx, could you share with me both your list of shortlisted and chosen contractor too? Thanks ! 

PM-ed.

Hi, I shared many same sentiments as you - in terms of walk-in wardrobe, false ceiling, position of TV (especially this is so true "I dislike this feeling of discomfort and would think that there would be occasions where wifey or myself would be startled by each other.") and  under-mount sink.  

1) Can you share with me details of your main contractor M S C and also the aircon installer?

2) You chose homogeneous tiles for your flooring. I read online the main issues include tile cracks, hollow tiles and dirty grout in between tiles. Did you experience these and what is your review?

3) I see you did glass backslash for your kitchen wall. Is it easy to maintain? 

4) If you can do it again, is there anything you would do differently?

Thanks in advance

7 hours ago, blubugs said:

Hi, I shared many same sentiments as you - in terms of walk-in wardrobe, false ceiling, position of TV (especially this is so true "I dislike this feeling of discomfort and would think that there would be occasions where wifey or myself would be startled by each other.") and  under-mount sink.  

1) Can you share with me details of your main contractor M S C and also the aircon installer?

2) You chose homogeneous tiles for your flooring. I read online the main issues include tile cracks, hollow tiles and dirty grout in between tiles. Did you experience these and what is your review?

3) I see you did glass backslash for your kitchen wall. Is it easy to maintain? 

4) If you can do it again, is there anything you would do differently?

Thanks in advance

1) PM-ed.

2) Tile cracks - Not really. In fact, homogeneous tiles are sturdier than ceramic tiles. You can read a summary of the differences at BCA's link here: https://www.bca.gov.sg/Publications/EnhancementSeries/others/design2Ch3.pdf

Hollow tiles - No such issue, as my flooring is done by my own contractor instead of HDB contractors. It is much less prone to sloppy work/mistakes as the contractor is responsible for his work. You can always get the contractor to rectify the parts which you are not satisfied with, up to a reasonable standard. 

Dirty grout - Yes, I foresee that the grout will turn from white to gray as time goes by. Will have to scrub the floor or to re-lay new layer of grout in the future. I think this cannot be prevented unless you use groutless flooring such as vinyl. But then again, we are against vinyl as it is not waterproof and is more prone to wear and tear.

3) Yes, easy to maintain. Just wipe with a cloth/wet wipe/paper towel. The oil/water stains goes away easily.

4) We do not have any regrets in the renovation (eg layout, position, design, carpentry). But I would do these things differently:

a) Buy my blinds earlier - We are currently awaiting for the installation of our blinds which can only be installed in Mid Aug as they require 4 weeks to customise and prepare the materials. In the interim, we are using old bedsheets to cover the windows.

b) Not buy my MBR TV - Super un-utilised. Only turned it on once to check whether it is working. Most of our time are spent in the living room.

c) Install a "washing point" at service yard - Currently I am washing the dirty cloths/vacuum at the kitchen sink. Wifey is not very happy with mixing of dirt cleaning together with food cleaning at the kitchen sink.

Hi Ecnalx,

Could you share with me the contractor name n fb? I'll be doing my reno soon. Hows the carpentry standard? And possible to share your carpentry quotation.. Cos i may only be mainly doing wardrobe n kitchen? The same contractor did your electrical?

Ray