Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 9/11/2017 at 8:54 AM, Paramis K said:

Please share your contractor's details. I am doing carpentry work for my study room and a tv console.

On 9/11/2017 at 3:29 PM, Chee ann said:

PM-ed

On 9/13/2017 at 2:01 PM, hooikj said:

Hi,

Can share contacts for your aircon installer? Thanks!

9 hours ago, Peterborough said:

Same, can I have contacts for aircon as well! thanks!

PM-ed.

Hi Ecnalx,

Thanks for sharing your reno journey. I would like to check with you on the name and contacts of the 3 ID/contractor and for the window grilles? If it's convenient, perhaps you can also share your quotations please? Thanks so much! :)

On 9/30/2017 at 10:54 PM, simks said:

Hi Ecnalx,

Thanks for sharing your reno journey. I would like to check with you on the name and contacts of the 3 ID/contractor and for the window grilles? If it's convenient, perhaps you can also share your quotations please? Thanks so much! :)

PM-ed.

Nice home u have .

Can share your contact for  your ID and N from R .

If you don't mind sharing your quotation. Thanks

Edited by Jas28

Hi there, pls share your contacts for N from R and PTL from MSC please. TIA!

On 04/06/2017 at 9:08 PM, Ecnalx said:

Contractor vs ID

The search for the One is a simple task for us. We wanted to have full control of how the home should look, feel and function, and therefore we went for a Contractor. Various Contractors were considered, but we filtered them down and shortlisted the below 3.

N** from R*******

One of the famous Contractors used by Renotalkers. Got his contact from one of the bros here. Sent him our requirements and asked for a quotation. Reply was fast but the quote was too expensive for our liking. Therefore, we decided not to engage his service.

E***** from D* I*******

Another well-known Contractor. Similarly, sent him our requirements and asked for a quotation. Reply was slow (and only thru Whatsapp instead of email), and needs chasing from me before he responded. He did not provide a quotation via email based on the requirements that we prepared. Instead, he suggested to meet him at his office. Went down to meet him and discuss the renovation requirements. E***** said that he will prepare the quotation and send it to us. To test him, I did not send any chasers and waited for his quotation. It has been more than 3 months and not a single email/whatsapp/call. He may be too busy with his other projects. As we think that it is important for our contractor to be pro-active instead of reactive, we decided not to engage his service.

PTL from M*** S*** C*********** (ACCEPTED)

Got to know of this Contractor via a close relative who also engaged his service. Not very famous on Renotalk but has a facebook page that allows me to view his projects. Similarly, decided to send our requirements and asked for a quotation. Reply was fast (no chasers required) and quote was lower than N**. Decided to arrange for a meeting to discuss the renovation details. PTL looks young but he has many years of experience. He is also the "boss" of the company which I feel secure and is able to clique well (maybe due to same age). A separate check from HDB (https://www20.hdb.gov.sg/bn25/isos118p.nsf/List by Company?OpenView&Start=1&Count=15&RestrictToCategory=M) revealed that M*** S*** C*********** is a Registered Renovation Contractor since 1981 and had no Infringement History in past 24 months. Finally decided that he is the One.

On 10/13/2017 at 1:05 PM, Jas28 said:

Nice home u have .

Can share your contact for  your ID and N from R .

If you don't mind sharing your quotation. Thanks

On 10/15/2017 at 1:37 AM, Fishpokpok said:

Hi there, pls share your contacts for N from R and PTL from MSC please. TIA!

PM-ed

Hello, could you share where did you buy the lights?:) And if you have any taobao links for the ones if you had purchased off Taobao, such as the tracklights. Thank you very much.

6. Lights

As mentioned in an earlier posts, most of our lights are from the Philips Hue series. We bought a combination of "normal" lights as well as "smart" lights.

1x Philip Hue Bridge

5x E27 Philip Hue Colour bulbs

8x E27 Philip Hue White/Warm bulbs

1x Philip Hue Go

4x Philip Hue Lightstrips

5x Ceiling lights for Living/Bedrooms

2x IP65 white lights for bathrooms

6x Philip T5 warm lights for bathrooms

6x E27 "Normal" Philips white bulbs

1x tracklights set from Taobao

On 10/25/2017 at 11:30 AM, binchotan said:

Can i have the contact and fb page to the Contractor PTL from MSC. Thanks

Hi

As I have moved in for several months now, and I am not checking Renotalk anymore, I have updated the contact and FB page of my contractor in page 1.

Anyway my contractor is Phua Tiong Lee from Ming Sing Construction. Tel: 98357831. FB: Just search for Ming Sing Construction.

On 11/19/2017 at 2:51 PM, inchvbeam said:

Hello, could you share where did you buy the lights?:) And if you have any taobao links for the ones if you had purchased off Taobao, such as the tracklights. Thank you very much.

6. Lights

As mentioned in an earlier posts, most of our lights are from the Philips Hue series. We bought a combination of "normal" lights as well as "smart" lights.

1x Philip Hue Bridge

5x E27 Philip Hue Colour bulbs

8x E27 Philip Hue White/Warm bulbs

1x Philip Hue Go

4x Philip Hue Lightstrips

5x Ceiling lights for Living/Bedrooms

2x IP65 white lights for bathrooms

6x Philip T5 warm lights for bathrooms

6x E27 "Normal" Philips white bulbs

1x tracklights set from Taobao

Hi

Most of my lights are bought during the Philips Carnival Sale. Happens every half yearly at their Toa Payoh warehouse. 

Have lost track of the links to taobao lights. Anyway, just choose the cheapest one with positive review. The quality are largely similar.