Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
9 hours ago, Ecnalx said:

As the topic suggests, we are going for a Smart Woody theme. "Smart" refers to Smart Home. I (Mr) am personally interested in tech stuff and have been using several smart devices in my room now. Smart devices that I have include Google Home, Google Wifi, Philip Hue lights, Samsung Smartthings. Using a combination of these allows us to automate my home and makes our life easier.

For example, I can use voice command (Google Home) to control my lights (Philip Hue). I can use voice command to control my switches (Samsung Smartthings). I can use voice commands to ask Google Home to set alarms, ask questions, play music etc. Feels like I am 1% Tony Stark.

Hello Ecnalx! we have similar floor layout, and i'm getting my keys soon. i've been searching for ways to integrate IoT into my future home without much success , but i'm sooooo glad to stumble upon your thread! seems like you have a wealth of experience in using high tech stuffs. i'll definitely follow your reno journey for inspirations :D

Canberra is a nice place to stay, I'm a north person all my life :) 

wow smart home, very interesting , camping here to learn more :D

15 hours ago, darknite said:

Hello Ecnalx! we have similar floor layout, and i'm getting my keys soon. i've been searching for ways to integrate IoT into my future home without much success , but i'm sooooo glad to stumble upon your thread! seems like you have a wealth of experience in using high tech stuffs. i'll definitely follow your reno journey for inspirations :D

1 hour ago, Kobelala said:

Canberra is a nice place to stay, I'm a north person all my life :) 

wow smart home, very interesting , camping here to learn more :D

Didnt know that the idea of Smart Home is so popular. I shall write more about it then.

8 hours ago, matchalatte said:

im at canberra rd, the old one not new haha. moving out soon. i think i will miss it here!

Where u moving to sis :)

On 6/6/2017 at 2:10 AM, matchalatte said:

im at canberra rd, the old one not new haha. moving out soon. i think i will miss it here!

On 6/7/2017 at 7:39 PM, BudgetLP said:

Sembawang is a nice and quiet place to stay! Been a northie all my life and stayed near Sembawang mrt for the last 10 yrs! 

Nice to see some love for the northern part of SG. Wifey and myself are currently living with my parents near Sembawang Mrt, and our new home @ Canberra is just a short distance away.  

1 hour ago, inchvbeam said:

Hello can pm me ur contractor contact :)

PM-ed

Edited by Ecnalx

Looking forward to see how you integrate appliances in your home with Google Home!

Edited by spooky

11 hours ago, inchvbeam said:

when expected to complete the renov? :D

Renovation is expected to complete by end of June, but we are not rushing to move in. 

6 hours ago, spooky said:

Looking forward to see how you integrate appliances in your home with Google Home!

Keep a lookout for my updates~