Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
liuhao

Where To Find Chinese Antique Style Dining Table?

i am looking to get a set of chinese antique stle dining table. something like below (just an example):

http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a8s0020frontus9.jpg

i have been to IMM, Furniture Mall and Yue Hwa Guo Huo. Got but very limited collection.

anyone knows if there is any other places i can try?

thanks

Edited by liuhao

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i am looking to get a set of chinese antique stle dining table. something like below (just an example):

http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a8s0020frontus9.jpg

i have been to IMM, Furniture Mall and Yue Hwa Guo Huo. Got but very limited collection.

anyone knows if there is any other places i can try?

thanks

Try Samtat Shanghai Arts & Crafts Centre. My parents got most of their teak & rosewood furniture from there previously.

Try Samtat Shanghai Arts & Crafts Centre. My parents got most of their teak & rosewood furniture from there previously.

thanks a lot. will check it out. actually me prefer cherrywood but will definitely go there to take a look.

I found some addresses but have not check them out. Am too looking for chinese antique furnitures.

Gnee Hong - 77 Bencoolen St #01-01

Samtat Shanghai - 605 MacPherson Rd #01-13 Citimac Ind Complex.

Tanglin SC?? they close early, saturday 6.15pm, whole building like ulu ulu... sigh

I been to one Chinese Antique shop located at Roxy Sq 2, run by a hongkie. Price abit ex according to my mom... :thumbs up:

I prefer Suan Zhi Mu... and those with seashell...wolala...price 80K for 2 single arm chair with marble seat/back rest and a side table

Been to Dempsey Rd... found from Yellow pages (coz it stated chinese antique furniture)...chey, dont know wat type of wood... "M" wood??? Never heard of it. Spoke to the boss, then know that "M" wood is recycled wood from old houses...

Edited by reload72

glad to know that you are looking for the same thing as i do. maybe i compile a list of shops that selling chinese solid wood furnitures for future ppl reference. below are the shops i have been so far:

Yue Hwa, Chinatown, 5th Level, Shanghai Ming Qing furniture exhibition

Samtat Shanghai - 605 MacPherson Rd #01-13 Citimac Ind Complex

72 Eunos Avenue 7, #02-00, Singapore Handicrafts Building, S(409570)

Accents on Accents, city retail outlet of above - the Plaza, Furniture Mall, Beach Road

Oriental Handicraft S PL, Henderson Industrial Park #01-05/06

Oriental Handicrafts, city retail outlet of above, Marina Square #03-306/306A Tel 6339-8738

hi reload72, personally i will be happy if the furniture is really made of "M" wood. bcos that garantees that the wood is real. the real good quality rosewood used to be imported from Hainan (hundreds years ago) but nowadays not available at there anymore. only can find from old furnitures. lots of rosewood now is coming from myanmar or indonasia but considered as inferior quality.

hi reload72, personally i will be happy if the furniture is really made of "M" wood. bcos that garantees that the wood is real. the real good quality rosewood used to be imported from Hainan (hundreds years ago) but nowadays not available at there anymore. only can find from old furnitures. lots of rosewood now is coming from myanmar or indonasia but considered as inferior quality.

Then u can have a look at Dempsey Rd (Tanglin Village)... many of them there. Bascially dont like the way they painted on the M wood.

my hubby's house got alot of rosewood furniture..

very solid wood.. but oso very heavy!

downstairs neighbour has been coming up to complain about the noise from us dragging the chairs.. but it cant b help.. cos the furniture is too heavy..

paiseh if I off topic.. jus think that it will b good to share some the woes of having those solid wood furniture.. :D

downstairs neighbour has been coming up to complain about the noise from us dragging the chairs.. but it cant b help.. cos the furniture is too heavy..

paiseh if I off topic.. jus think that it will b good to share some the woes of having those solid wood furniture.. !!

haha luckly i stay at 2nd floor. downstairs no neighbourhood. haha...can play basketball somemore.

i have some personal view of the rosewood furniture shops i visited. please note they are very subjective. lots of expertise are needed in this area and i am just a newbie so dont take it as granted.

the Singapore Handicraft Group: huge collections. flexible way of doing business. can sell seperately or customized made without any problems. the design is very good. price is high but they give freebie item if buy more. however personally i feel the raw wooden materials are not selected based on top standard. some look perfect but others i can find uneven table top and wood color mismatch. so personally i will not do pre-order if no stock for particular item.

Samtat Shanghai Handicraft: limited collections and design. not very flexible which means normally you can only take one set but not single coffee table. materials choosen are top quality. somewhat i feel the painting is a little bit dull maybe because of the lighting conditions. and price is the lowest for similar looking item.

Oriental Handicrafts: limited collections and design. pretty flexible if you wanna buy single item from one set. customized made also no problem. materials are top quality. workmanship and painting are top quality. price is in between of above two.

So there is really "M" wood? Or is it elm?

paiseh if I off topic.. jus think that it will b good to share some the woes of having those solid wood furniture.. :)

haha.. just bought a set of solid teakwood TV console and coffee table today..

but no dining table and chairs.. if not will b dragging the chairs at my new place oso :P

I really have to admit that its worth the $$ to get solid wood furniture.. cos after looking at many veerner plywood or compressed wood furniture.. I think the feel for solid wood furniture is totally SOLID! haha.. cannot find other words to describe.. but hope u know what I mean :):notti:

Elm = M.... is spelling that important??
the real good quality rosewood used to be imported from Hainan (hundreds years ago) but nowadays not available at there anymore. only can find from old furnitures. lots of rosewood now is coming from myanmar or indonasia but considered as inferior quality.

ya..thats why i am looking at ebony now. but the price....haiz.

what i know is rosewood and ebony wont have any cockroaches laying their eggs.