Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
casperlai

Gardening supplies

Hey forumers,

Does anyone know where I can find "better" looking flower pots in Singapore? I've visited quite a few nurseries but none of them have good selections. I am looking at something like this: https://world.taobao.com/item/549041864061.htm#detail

EzBuy is refusing to ship for me as they deem the item is too fragile and risky to be shipped from overseas. Also looked in IKEA and couldn't find anything similar. Most places do sell metal iron rod kinda stand but I'd like a wooden stand.

Would be grateful for any tips! Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

all the nice ones are from taobao! are you using ezbuy's prime. if not there are so many other forwarders you can use. what about taobao's official forwarder like 4px?

17 hours ago, matchalatte said:

all the nice ones are from taobao! are you using ezbuy's prime. if not there are so many other forwarders you can use. what about taobao's official forwarder like 4px?

That's what I realised too after going to a few nurseries. Yes I am using EzBuy Prime. I asked for a quotation from SGShop to ship the pot I shared on my first post; all come up to $100+. So $60+ for the pot and $40+ for shipping. Too steep, I feel!

Do you have indoor plant pots in your home? Did you also buy from Taobao? Which forwarder did you use?

2 hours ago, casperlai said:

That's what I realised too after going to a few nurseries. Yes I am using EzBuy Prime. I asked for a quotation from SGShop to ship the pot I shared on my first post; all come up to $100+. So $60+ for the pot and $40+ for shipping. Too steep, I feel!

Do you have indoor plant pots in your home? Did you also buy from Taobao? Which forwarder did you use?

thats insane. if something is too heavy its not worth it to go by weight/vol shipping. i will be using a forwarder that charges by cubic meter aka. container shipping but i havent decided which one to use yet.

i will be getting some planter boxes from taobao for my new home, like these :

IMG_9191.JPG.f793e15646aa4c17955ef9fabab7ab5c.JPGIMG_9192.JPG.be1e884e058721889910415d1a759e23.JPG

22 hours ago, matchalatte said:

thats insane. if something is too heavy its not worth it to go by weight/vol shipping. i will be using a forwarder that charges by cubic meter aka. container shipping but i havent decided which one to use yet.

i will be getting some planter boxes from taobao for my new home, like these :

IMG_9191.JPG.f793e15646aa4c17955ef9fabab7ab5c.JPGIMG_9192.JPG.be1e884e058721889910415d1a759e23.JPG

Haha I shortlisted the hexagonal pot and stand as well. I don't have any big items left to buy; does it make sense to ship by container? I'm not sure how it works but I'm under the impression that unless I have big items like furniture then it may not be worth it.

3 hours ago, casperlai said:

Haha I shortlisted the hexagonal pot and stand as well. I don't have any big items left to buy; does it make sense to ship by container? I'm not sure how it works but I'm under the impression that unless I have big items like furniture then it may not be worth it.

yeah, i guess the only option you have now is to "tompang" someone. i can help you but it wont be so soon, most likely buying my furniture in sept. if you're not in a hurry then its ok! usually 1 cubic meter is about $150, you can estimate how much shipping you'll be paying lol

Edited by matchalatte

On 6/24/2017 at 9:30 PM, matchalatte said:

yeah, i guess the only option you have now is to "tompang" someone. i can help you but it wont be so soon, most likely buying my furniture in sept. if you're not in a hurry then its ok! usually 1 cubic meter is about $150, you can estimate how much shipping you'll be paying lol

I decided to take the risk and ship with EzBuy. Told the seller to reinforce the packaging with wooden crates; hopefully that will help! Just found out they increased the home delivery charges. Furious!

10 hours ago, casperlai said:

@matchalatte

Got my pot couple of weeks ago. Thankfully it came in one piece :)

IMG_20170717_233711.jpg.d4a37d4d07a231959872802e59281e4c.jpg

Do you happen to know where I can get dried wheat stalk (or similar) for decor? It's for taller vases. Thought of lavender too.

oh cool, looks really nice! actually bigger than i thought. what are dried wheat stalks? like these?

IMG_9912.PNG.81e5a8c90d67fd500c952950ae637374.PNG

1 hour ago, matchalatte said:

oh cool, looks really nice! actually bigger than i thought. what are dried wheat stalks? like these?

IMG_9912.PNG.81e5a8c90d67fd500c952950ae637374.PNG

Ah yes these! Will look for it on EzBuy then.

The pot is actually smaller than I thought but it turned out to be the right size. Bigger plants can be quite expensive! Wanted to get monsterra at first but it's quite pricey. Probably just gonna get a few artificial stalk.

https://ezbuy.sg/product/20000003618762.html

12 minutes ago, casperlai said:

Ah yes these! Will look for it on EzBuy then.

The pot is actually smaller than I thought but it turned out to be the right size. Bigger plants can be quite expensive! Wanted to get monsterra at first but it's quite pricey. Probably just gonna get a few artificial stalk.

https://ezbuy.sg/product/20000003618762.html

omg i love monstera! those modern plants are really pretty, the travelers palm or banana/plantain leaves are not bad too. 

IMG_9795.JPG.b651a4242bb1fa819033a596c5d886fc.JPGIMG_9797.JPG.6e05e5203b64e80fff69e155ab6af7cb.JPG

but yes the lifesize ones will come up to abt SG $100+, guess will have to bite the bullet and buy, because if buy in sg will be even more ex right? haha. cactuses also nice.

IMG_9916.JPG.133dac15790b38984335d4def7878ddb.JPG

btw far east flora selling real monstera, quite cheap only $8+ a pot but its not the deliciosa variety.

https://www.fareastfloragarden.com/monstera-obliqua-in-hg-3029-pot.html

Edited by matchalatte

Plants have to be planted in something. I personally prefer grey planter . And I always order them online. They have a great selection. And the quality is great. The prices are completely affordable.