Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi,

I moved on 17 jun with a mover, and we agreed on 280 as the fees.  I transferred him 130 deposit as he said that he needs the deposit and then almost 3 hours late for the delivery of boxes.

He was also slightly late on 17 Jun when I moved. I didn't get a full truck 14feet of things as my things "were very heavy" (I had books and also cookware and plates etc.) I told them that I needed my display cupboard to be moved and everything that was in the common room. The "boss" told me after that that the truck might be full and cannot take the display cupboard and why I did not tell them earlier. I told him that I told his colleague who came into the house first about my moving requirements. 

They also refused to move things that are not packed in the boxes - I had luggages and also A4 sizes boxes (The "boss" said thats why I gave you boxes) . So I told them nvm, I will move them myself but the display cupboard must go coz I can't move them myself. In the end, the cupboard is still not moved coz the truck is "full" but not totally "full" as my last move 6 months ago (I moved to this place as my new place was renovating, so I was moving back to my new place). So, I give and take, NVM.

"Boss" collected $300 from me when we agreed $280 - NVM, coz my things are heavy, I give a bit more, I didn't even argue with him. But he said that the 130 deposit will be given back after I give back the boxes only and normally he gives 2 weeks for collection - which was not mentioned at all till now. So, I gave him 300 cash and WhatsApp him the agreement we had - I will get a 130 refund of my deposit after I return the boxes.

I unpacked and WhatsApp him the next day to tell him that the boxes are ready for collection. He said ok. I msg him the next day and ask him when he can collect the boxes. Then, he said end of the month - I said can it be earlier coz it was not stated in his moving ad nor mentioned to me prior that I needed a deposit and the "free boxes" he advertised were not "free" in this case. He got aggressive coz I mentioned that my last mover gave me the boxes when he said that it was free boxes.

NOW - I msg him yesterday and today to ask for the date and time he can come and collect the boxes so that I can have my deposit back and he went MIA. Can I do anything about it? Its not a lot of Money but thats beside the point. 

Any advise?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation