Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pessimizt

Air Con Selection

Hi all, just went down to IMM and visited GC and AB. Looking at system3 inverter. Talked to both sales and GC one sucks big time but AB price more expensive. But AB giving extended workmanship warranty to 5 years. GC havent ask so assume should be standard 1 year. :P Moreover, AB giving $120 maintenance vouchers but only can use $10 on 1 fancoil/maintenance. So total of $30 voucher can be used to offset their maintenance (costs $118 U.P.).

Both the shop said that Toshiba inverter is one of the most energy saving (even better than Mitsubishi) cos of the compressor BTU. Toshiba is 24,000 whereas Mitsubishi is 28,000. Inverter compressors are much more quieter too ! :notti:

So would like to seek fellow home owners to check and feedback which brand of aircon (inverter / non-inverter) they're using and is it good ? Energy saving ? :)

Thank you in advance. !!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

May I know which sales personnel do you talk to at GC?

Cos I bought my TOSHIBA at GC. Had a very pleasant experience there.. Mine is non-invertor. Cos my living room not very big, so no need to get the non-invertor. !!

Now, I'm even a personal friend of this sales personnel le. Not only has he helped me on the air-con stuff, he even go beyond his call of duty & helped me with our stuff to help set up our home! Cos we are first-timer.. :notti:

Hi autum,

I've PMed you the answer. By the way who served you at GC - IMM ? :notti:

Got a few questions:

- How was the installation ?

- Did they provide 5yrs warranty on workmanship ?

- Any hidden costs (besides bracket) ?

- Did they use class 1 or class 0 insulators ?

- After sales service good ?

I actually prefer AB because of the 5yrs workmanship warranty. They also say that they can upgrade me to class 0 insulator and "23" cables. Previously was only "24". I'm sorry but i know nuts about these stuff......so also duno whats so great.....GC actually mentioned that class 1 is better as in it can absorb more water. But AB said other wise...... :P

What you think ??? :P

. . . .but also wondering how is their workmanship.

Hi all, so any comments for the following places on their services / worksmanship:

- GainCity

- AllBest

- Kaisoon

Thank you ! :thumbs up:

I got mine Toshiba Inverter system 4 from Gain City for almost 2 years.... so far so good

Hi all, so any comments for the following places on their services / worksmanship:

- GainCity

- AllBest

- Kaisoon

Thank you ! :thumbs up:

Replied to you via PM. Hope my answer serves you well. :)

Hi everyone,

just got my toshiba inverter sys 4 from GC today from this cool dude .... soft spoken ...but quite nice lar ....

managed to sqeeze the price even lower than AB and got some upgrade too ...... 2n

one point to note is ...dun bother to go to their HQ at AMK ...its 500 more expensive than IMM GC although its apple to apple comparison...

cheers

Can I know how much u got ur toshiba system 4 inverter?

Hi everyone,

just got my toshiba inverter sys 4 from GC today from this cool dude .... soft spoken ...but quite nice lar ....

managed to sqeeze the price even lower than AB and got some upgrade too ...... 2n

one point to note is ...dun bother to go to their HQ at AMK ...its 500 more expensive than IMM GC although its apple to apple comparison...

cheers

Hi everyone,

cheers

cool. how much did u get ur toshiba sys 4 inverter for? wats the cool dude's name?

can they charge different pricing for different branch of the same company???

cool. how much did u get ur toshiba sys 4 inverter for? wats the cool dude's name?

can they charge different pricing for different branch of the same company???

Hi everyone,

Yeah man ... i went to AMK GC...they quote me about $3900 and refuse to reduce a single cent.... i went to IMM GC and spoke to a nice uncle there, not very tall..... and the price is similar to AB... AB quote me $3348 for just installation and removal of old aircon.... no bracket and no upgrade...so u add up the sums u will see agar agar how much GC quote me.

my package is toshiba inverter sys 4 .... 2 time installation....stainless steel bracket.... upgrade to 1/2' insulation

i almost went to AB, but recently alot of feedback abt them very bad so i hold back and revisit the shops again....haha managed to get a similar price to AB ....

btw ... now waiting for their installer to come and do .... then will post review again ....

cheers

I think the thread starter compared wrongly.

Toshiba is 34,000btu vs Mitsubishi 28000. They shd be ard the same pricing.

High capacity. than Mitsubishi. Price wise they are the same.

Energy saving $$$ savings. Comon, Aircon savings. who are we kidding. Not much lar. open 10 fans = 1 aircon. haa.

Anyway both brands are ok. just the fan coil for toshiba is smaller one.

But concurrently u can open aircon at different rooms and will be still cold. 34000- 28000 = 6000k to spare.

My sis got Toshiba and she is happy with it. haa i took Mitsubishi cos my wife likes Mitsubishi better (brand lor. girls!)

Edited by MerCury