Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. My house is newly constructed and we are living here for the last five months. Everything was fine and good. But, last day I noticed that one of the windows in the master bedroom has some cracks and fogginess. I was wondering how it happened. Should I replace it with new windows? Is it possible to change the window glass?  What are your thoughts on this? Thanks for the time.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

It really depends on many things. If the cracks in question are small, you can easily fix them using a window glass repair kit. You just need to follow the instructions, apply the product correctly, and wait until it dries covered by a protective sheet. Some people use a cornstarch paste for small and shallow cracks and glass stains. They rub it into the glass, so it fills the cracks and makes them less visible. But if the window crack is too deep, you'll probably have to replace the whole window. A professional can take measures, give you a quote and replace the window in question. Since replacement is quite costly, I would first recommend trying the window glass repair kit, they can be found in many hardware stores. I hope I was helpful!

Window Cleaning Team in Melbourne

• Like 1

On 7/3/2017 at 1:00 PM, Violetdale said:

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. My house is newly constructed and we are living here for the last five months. Everything was fine and good. But, last day I noticed that one of the windows in the master bedroom has some cracks and fogginess. I was wondering how it happened. Should I replace it with new windows? Is it possible to change the window glass?  What are your thoughts on this? Thanks for the time.

Have you found you solution already? It happens to mine too, but I am not sure what to do =C Teach me please !