Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
comelyboi

Inter-Terrace Reconstruction

Hi Guys,

I just bought an inter-terrace, land size approx. 1400 sqft, original condition- single storey.

thinking to rebuild it to 2.5 storeys.

Any one can shed some light on the current reconstruction cost psf ?

Is it still possible to rebuild it for approx 500 - 600k sgd?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Depends on how much build up area you want and materials used. If your house has a sewer running across, then will need to spend $ to protect the sewer else you can't built anything over the sewer.

Average construction cost is about $300/sf not inclusive of professional fees and submission fees. 

If you want a home lift then add another few tens of k to the cost. Best is consult an architect first and buy the necessary plans so you can gauge your options. 

Btw, your purchase is in the east side?

Thanks for your reply.

yes my purchase is at the east side. Frankel / opera estate area.

the 300$psf is for the build in area? Btw am new to this forum. Do you think i can do everything for approx 450-500k ? (Total gfa inclusive of setback balcony area 3,000sqft)

There's a couple of transactions at opera estate for 1400sqf units recently so I guess one of it is yours. 

500k for a 3000sqf 2.5 storey rebuilt is unlikely to happen. A conservative amount would more likely be about 700k.

If your house is abutting a back alley (at opera estate), then you would have saved on needing to protect the sewer as the sewer line for your house is most likely in the back alley. 

On 7/11/2017 at 1:23 PM, snoozee said:

There's a couple of transactions at opera estate for 1400sqf units recently so I guess one of it is yours. 

500k for a 3000sqf 2.5 storey rebuilt is unlikely to happen. A conservative amount would more likely be about 700k.

If your house is abutting a back alley (at opera estate), then you would have saved on needing to protect the sewer as the sewer line for your house is most likely in the back alley. 

we spent  >$60K to protect the government's sewer that ran straight through the back of our house.....!   : )

27 minutes ago, yarwood said:

we spent  >$60K to protect the government's sewer that ran straight through the back of our house.....!   : )

sadly, I would need to do that as well for my new house construction. :(

3 hours ago, Topline said:

How would you know if there is the sewer running through the house? Would that mean you can't build a basement if you want to?

Need to purchase the sewage interpretation plan (SIP) from PUB. Normally your QP will buy it together with the drainage interpretation plan. 

From the SIP, you will know if the public sewer runs through your house. Depending on where the sewer is located, you could still do a basement but obviously not till where the sewer is. There needs to be a setback (I think is 2m) to the sewer as well. But if you are building over the sewer, then the sewer protection comes in where a RC trench needs to be constructed over the sewer to protect it. Without doing this protection, you need to set back your building from the sewer. 

1 hour ago, Topline said:

I have viewed a house once, where there is a round sewer metal cover in the backyard. Can that be relocated? 

That manhole (inspection chamber) will be connected to the sewer. Most old landed houses will have one. It can be relocated but to construct a new one will be costly as well. 

What kind of costs are we talking about to relocate the manhole? Is it possible to relocate out of the my plot of land eg outside the gate?

For basement costs, are we talking about 100-200k?

The manhole is in your property as that is the last link between the sewage pipes in your house to the public sewer. 

I doubt you can relocate it outside your property. 

Costs wise for relocation and basement you will need to talk to an architect or builder

On 7/29/2017 at 7:53 PM, snoozee said:

sadly, I would need to do that as well for my new house construction. :(

sad for us too; it was a sunk cost that was totally necessary to enable us to build out to the maximum, the extended rear part of our new house.... at least our builder did a good job of it without any additional delays during the construction.    

7 hours ago, yarwood said:

sad for us too; it was a sunk cost that was totally necessary to enable us to build out to the maximum, the extended rear part of our new house.... at least our builder did a good job of it without any additional delays during the construction.    

for my case, the sewer is about 4m into my lot from the rear boundary, without doing a RC trench, I can only build up to 1.5m from where the sewer is which will translate to about 25% of buildable land area being lost. hopefully building the RC trench won't cost too much for us.