Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
comelyboi

Inter-Terrace Reconstruction

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Would like to find out the procedures for house rebuild process. After paying the URA submission fees, i need to wait abt 4 wks for approval?  In the meantime, what other approvals can be obtained? BCA? Soil test? Survey? 

Also, what's the fees payable for each stage?

4 hours ago, allcc said:

Would like to find out the procedures for house rebuild process. After paying the URA submission fees, i need to wait abt 4 wks for approval?  In the meantime, what other approvals can be obtained? BCA? Soil test? Survey? 

Also, what's the fees payable for each stage?

Your survey should have been done even before the design started since your architect need to know the site boundaries for your new house.

i don't think soil investigation report needs to be submitted.

how much the survey and soil investigation cost depends on who your architect/builder appointed as different companies charge different rates. Best is check with your architect or builder on the payments

For hse rebuild, aft we shift out of current house, do we need to continue e PUB supply? Or contractor will apply under their name/company?

20 minutes ago, allcc said:

For hse rebuild, aft we shift out of current house, do we need to continue e PUB supply? Or contractor will apply under their name/company?

normally contractor will apply under their company

Contractor must apply for temporary utility supply. However, this will take weeks to setup the temp toilets n temp meter board. If u cut off supplies before these temp facilities are up.. contractor has to build these facilities with zero power and zero water. Hw productive can that be. Better to liase with contractor abt what is most convenient solution. Neighbours will not appreciate a 24hr diesel generator next door.

On 07/08/2017 at 12:02 AM, snoozee said:

for my case, the sewer is about 4m into my lot from the rear boundary, without doing a RC trench, I can only build up to 1.5m from where the sewer is which will translate to about 25% of buildable land area being lost. hopefully building the RC trench won't cost too much for us.

Hi Snooze,

can I ask how much did you eventually had to pay for your RC trench? I am having the same problem and like to know the cost. Very unfortunate.

thanks,

goodenf

3 hours ago, Goodenf said:

Hi Snooze,

can I ask how much did you eventually had to pay for your RC trench? I am having the same problem and like to know the cost. Very unfortunate.

thanks,

goodenf

I'm still in the process of doing my tender for the rebuilt.

however preliminary estimate is that the trench can be done for around 20k. this is based on a trench which is about 9m long and 3m deep. not sure how much the actual cost will be once the digging starts.

1 hour ago, Goodenf said:

Thanks Snooze. My contractor quoted me $10K for mine but mine is 1m deep.

$10K is not too bad la. cos they base the quote on how much RC concrete work needs to be done.

Apologies to barge in on this thread. But kinda would like to share my situation, in hope that I can get some advise.

Actually stuck with a predicament. Feels like the entire process is taking bit too long as everyone is waiting for everyone.

For the last 2 months, have been talking to builders to get some estimates for my inter-terence. Its original state (more than 35years old). Planning to redo the layout, add toilets, and more importantly to extend the back of the house, including 2nd floor till the back also.

- Have found a pretty decent builder (but have not signed anything yet).

- Which he recommended me an engineer for layout, structural design and submissions to the authorities.

- After the 1st layout, I felt comfortable, and signed the engineer's services which does not include a surveyor's fee.

-Thus, now looking around for a surveyor. Which is kinda confusing now ... cos some surveyors mentioned bout adhering to SVY21 standards and some simply ignore. In fact, friends were telling me to forgo the idea of a surveyor considering that its not important as long as my construction does not exceed the area (boundary) that the neighbours have done similarly. 

I'm kinda hoping to get everything done by Christmas, now not sure if I can make it in time. 

my architect requests for survey data to be in xyz format so they can use the data to do the necessary modeling.

anyway the surveyor will get hold of a known coordinate near your house and do the survey from this point to get the coordinates of your house boundary.

engaging a surveyor don't cost you an arm and a leg so it would be better to just get it done once and for all. at least you will know exactly where your land boundaries lie and whether you are encroaching into public land or your neighbours are encroaching into your land lot.

On 7/10/2017 at 7:01 PM, comelyboi said:

Hi Guys,

I just bought an inter-terrace, land size approx. 1400 sqft, original condition- single storey.

thinking to rebuild it to 2.5 storeys.

Any one can shed some light on the current reconstruction cost psf ?

Is it still possible to rebuild it for approx 500 - 600k sgd?

I suggest you try my builder which did renovation for my house, he also did building work. Dynamicx Construction Mr AK 83137177