Jump to content
Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Recommended Posts

Looking around for  roof quotation as comparison. Not sure if below is reasonable.

Doing an extension on 2nd floor of my inter. Rear roof has to completely change (despite last changed was 3 years back).

Gotten a quotation so far: 

  • Remove existing roof tiles including ridges and jack up the wooden structure
  • Reinstall roof tiles and ridges to the extended area according to drawing. 
  • Inclusive of parsec aluminium foil and facia board 

Total $14,400

image.png.0d89889f669d2abd2f58bab54a72371b.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roof tiles are designed with a minimum slope angle to prevent wind from blowing water upslope. 

U mentioned reinstall roof tiles. The proposed new slope does look very gentle for roof tiles. 

Can google the topic

roof tile minimum pitch

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/20/2018 at 11:33 PM, galliano said:

Looking around for  roof quotation as comparison. Not sure if below is reasonable.

Doing an extension on 2nd floor of my inter. Rear roof has to completely change (despite last changed was 3 years back).

Gotten a quotation so far: 

  • Remove existing roof tiles including ridges and jack up the wooden structure
  • Reinstall roof tiles and ridges to the extended area according to drawing. 
  • Inclusive of parsec aluminium foil and facia board 

Total $14,400

image.png.0d89889f669d2abd2f58bab54a72371b.png

 

Hi

collecting keys for my interterr in December. Need to extend the second floor and also remove the roof.

can you update finally how much it costs?

CY

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2018 at 1:12 PM, snoozee said:

$10K is not too bad la. cos they base the quote on how much RC concrete work needs to be done.

Almost bought a single Storey to rebuild. But brought a builder down and told me the trench will be sunk cost - literally and if can buy a place to avoid it, that’s best. 

And he mentioned that electrical will not be sufficient for single Storey unupgraded source so that’s another 10-15k gone.

Finally didn’t wanna spend so much and decided to buy a ready 2 Storey to A&A. Too scared of the unknown 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fastfatdude said:

Almost bought a single Storey to rebuild. But brought a builder down and told me the trench will be sunk cost - literally and if can buy a place to avoid it, that’s best. 

And he mentioned that electrical will not be sufficient for single Storey unupgraded source so that’s another 10-15k gone.

Finally didn’t wanna spend so much and decided to buy a ready 2 Storey to A&A. Too scared of the unknown 

If you had bought a single storey to rebuilt, it would have cost maybe another 900k or 1M to rebuild depending on your design. 

A&A would maybe cost you 300k or 400k depending on how extensive it is. 

so if add up total cost of buying price and renovation cost between buying the single storey and the 2 storey is about the same, then you would have been better off buying and rebuilt since you get a new house to what you design. But if doing A&A to the house can suit your needs and you can save 200k and up, then this would be better. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, snoozee said:

If you had bought a single storey to rebuilt, it would have cost maybe another 900k or 1M to rebuild depending on your design. 

A&A would maybe cost you 300k or 400k depending on how extensive it is. 

so if add up total cost of buying price and renovation cost between buying the single storey and the 2 storey is about the same, then you would have been better off buying and rebuilt since you get a new house to what you design. But if doing A&A to the house can suit your needs and you can save 200k and up, then this would be better. 

i agree.. ended up is probably cheaper to buy and A&A. I would reckon less surprises...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 9:26 PM, fastfatdude said:

Almost bought a single Storey to rebuild. But brought a builder down and told me the trench will be sunk cost - literally and if can buy a place to avoid it, that’s best. 

And he mentioned that electrical will not be sufficient for single Storey unupgraded source so that’s another 10-15k gone.

Finally didn’t wanna spend so much and decided to buy a ready 2 Storey to A&A. Too scared of the unknown 

Actually my builder managed to find me a pretty good deal and I'm very happy working with him so far. We are scheduled to move in before Christmas and looking at the progress I am confident that will be achievable.

 
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sold a single storey place because of the rebuilding costs. Now I am considering a much smaller  2 storey unit, 1000sqft (land) to A&A.

However I am considering adding an additional level /roof terrace to maximise the height of the place. I think additional beams are needed, the staircases and the toliets need to be redone. How much would that typically cost? can that be achieved with $300k with the smaller footprint?

 

 
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kath said:

I sold a single storey place because of the rebuilding costs. Now I am considering a much smaller  2 storey unit, 1000sqft (land) to A&A.

However I am considering adding an additional level /roof terrace to maximise the height of the place. I think additional beams are needed, the staircases and the toliets need to be redone. How much would that typically cost? can that be achieved with $300k with the smaller footprint?

 

Add an additional storey or attic will be considered as reconstruction and no longer A&A. 300k if just construction cost maybe. But if you want everything including submission fees and professional fess then unlikely to happen. 

 
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using this thread, considering is about terence reno.

Currently have a open concept for level 1, as with all terence house, it does get warm. 

At the back of the house,  I have a glass aluminium door, which whenever I leave it open, the wind comes through into the house and its nice and breezy. Would like to know if I can install some kinda secondary mesh door to prevent insects/leaves from coming into the house. Any suggestions on what I should buy or who to engage to get something like this done? 

Since the glass aluminium door swings outwards, I guess I have to install something on the inside. I can't do sliding mesh door cos not enough space. 

Much appreciated for any advise. 

 

IMG_4091.jpg

IMG_4094.jpg

Edited by galliano
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, galliano said:

Using this thread, considering is about terence reno.

Currently have a open concept for level 1, as with all terence house, it does get warm. 

At the back of the house,  I have a glass aluminium door, which whenever I leave it open, the wind comes through into the house and its nice and breezy. Would like to know if I can install some kinda secondary mesh door to prevent insects/leaves from coming into the house. Any suggestions on what I should buy or who to engage to get something like this done? 

Since the glass aluminium door swings outwards, I guess I have to install something on the inside. I can't do sliding mesh door cos not enough space. 

Much appreciated for any advise. 

 

 

 

reference to first picture.

you can install a bifold door with mesh instead. bifold door will open and fold inside to the wall on the right side. do note that the bifold door will be installed with a new frame and sliding track as well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Aura Sink


×