Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
giantslee

Cost to Install Solar Panel for Corner Terrace

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I've a quote from UTICA for my newly build (under construction) semi-d.  It will be good if we can get together and ask for a better price as a group.  PM me if interested. :)

Screenshot 2017-07-16 18.41.23.png

38 minutes ago, cymon said:

I've a quote from UTICA for my newly build (under construction) semi-d.  It will be good if we can get together and ask for a better price as a group.  PM me if interested. :)

what is the coverage area of the PV panels for your house?

8 hours ago, confucius87 said:

it would depend on how big u wan. I'm lookin at solar too, are u interested to group buy? 

I am keen to explore group buy if the price is reasonable. But my place is probably ready only in next Jun.

3 hours ago, cymon said:

Screenshot 2017-07-16 18.41.23.png

This cost includes connecting to our power grip such that excess solar energy can be exported and sold to the grid to offset your utility bill? 

15 hours ago, snoozee said:

what is the coverage area of the PV panels for your house?

Coverage area 126m2.

12 hours ago, giantslee said:

I am keen to explore group buy if the price is reasonable. But my place is probably ready only in next Jun.

Mine expected completion is next May.

12 hours ago, giantslee said:

This cost includes connecting to our power grip such that excess solar energy can be exported and sold to the grid to offset your utility bill? 

I believe it is included.  PUB will install another meter in the meter compartment for exporting the excess.  Understand that have to lay the cables ready when construction. 

Screenshot 2017-07-17 10.46.34.png

Edited by cymon

Anyone know anything about the 2015 SCDF circular on PV installs? Does this apply to landed residential properties? There are a huge number of conditions to comply with, including the provisioning of a staircase to the roof hosting the array,

3 hours ago, DragonFireSG said:

Anyone know anything about the 2015 SCDF circular on PV installs? Does this apply to landed residential properties? There are a huge number of conditions to comply with, including the provisioning of a staircase to the roof hosting the array,

Dunno why the moderator flagged me for soliciting. 

Anyway, the SCDF requirements is geared towards fire safety so I think private landed residential properties would need to comply with the requirements. 

If you are planning to do a PV array, you will need to provide access to the roof else how are  the maintenance people going to access the panels?

Probably going to go with a electrician's ladder from the front balcony if it is not a requirement to provision a staircase. I'll do a consultation with a PV installer in the coming weeks to find out more.

For private residence built for own stay, can always get waiver for certain things from relevant authorities. If you doing the PV before getting CSC, maybe ask your architect to consult SCDF? If doing after then go by SAF rule 7 la. :P

On 7/12/2019 at 4:10 AM, eugene ng said:

Hi all,

i'm interested in installing the solar panel too. 
May i know is there any issue after installation? ie maintenance? results? ROI?

Regards

eugene

I put 28 solar panels on my house in Ohio and electric bill went down in summertime from $ 140.00 to $ 30.00. No side effects after 2 years. So in my case this is highly profitable. But to get such a massive ROI you have to consider various factors. For example, you can read here how to choose the best angle for solar panel installation.

To ride on the solar topic, anyone knows what provision we should do to prepare for solar installation in the future? Currently in the midst of A&A. 

like in terms of electric wirings / isolator etc.. or just simply do it when we are ready for solar? Thinking of getting it few years down the road. 

13 hours ago, ZZEC said:

To ride on the solar topic, anyone knows what provision we should do to prepare for solar installation in the future? Currently in the midst of A&A. 

like in terms of electric wirings / isolator etc.. or just simply do it when we are ready for solar? Thinking of getting it few years down the road. 

i just standby a 32A isolator at my attic level so that in case need/want to install solar panel, this cable can be used to carry the electricity down to my DB. of cos this isolator may not be able to be used for solar panel but the wiring inside can be used. it's just a matter of changing the isolator to one which is suitable for solar panels.