Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We are both getting more and more excited each day too! 

Over the weekend, hubby and I finally went to Gain City Sungei Kadut to replace our impulsively-bought Bosch vacuum with something else, and we went home with these. The initial plan was to simply use the $249 credits that we had, but hubby and I were attracted to the Marshall Woburn speaker that we saw at the IT fair so we checked out gain city and they could beat the price! We almost bought it @ $750! Until hubby's friends (who went with us) suggested a Harman Kardon and hubby actually said the bass is stronger and it's only $399. So hubby went home a happier man. Ladies, this could be a birthday present for your hubby if his birthday is coming soon! :)

IMG_0775.PNG$235

IMG_0776.PNG$50

IMG_0777.PNG$360

So after deducting the $249 credits from the Bosch vacuum and $13 from our gain city points, we paid a total of $383. Just a quick tip: if they offer you FREE 1 year warranty or anything like that, tell them that you don't need the warranty and the listed price may be further discounted.

Can't wait for another month to pass so that I can start my Isetan or Taka purchases like my cutlery!!!

Edited by infatuation1527

Today we went to Choo Chiang Marketing (they have several outlets) at toa payoh industrial park to purchase our Le Grand switches. Bought a total of 13 matt black switches ($96) and a Hager doorbell ($11). Even Mr K himself says it's the cheapest place so I guess this deal can't be wrong. Hubby also went down to the house today and took some pictures. I love my PD door! But I thought my blue wall could be a darker kind of navy... oh well. Hopefully a few more coats of paint will help. Service yard and toilets lights (bought from taobao) installed too.

IMG_0793.JPG

IMG_0794.JPG

IMG_0795.JPG

IMG_0796.JPG

IMG_0797.JPG

14 hours ago, infatuation1527 said:

Today we went to Choo Chiang Marketing (they have several outlets) at toa payoh industrial park to purchase our Le Grand switches. Bought a total of 13 matt black switches ($96) and a Hager doorbell ($11). Even Mr K himself says it's the cheapest place so I guess this deal can't be wrong. Hubby also went down to the house today and took some pictures. I love my PD door! But I thought my blue wall could be a darker kind of navy... oh well. Hopefully a few more coats of paint will help. Service yard and toilets lights (bought from taobao) installed too.

IMG_0793.JPG

IMG_0794.JPG

IMG_0795.JPG

IMG_0796.JPG

IMG_0797.JPG

Is that a vento fino in your last pic? Nice matt black!

My vento fino is from Heritage at geylang. Not on display but can ask the salesperson to order for you. Priced at $858 because I chose the one which can swing left right and up down. Note that there is a cheaper model that only can go up down I think it's $688. Of course, the cheaper alternative is JB but hubby and I do not own a car and traveling there is very inconvenient for us. 

On 9/6/2017 at 10:06 PM, infatuation1527 said:

My vento fino is from Heritage at geylang. Not on display but can ask the salesperson to order for you. Priced at $858 because I chose the one which can swing left right and up down. Note that there is a cheaper model that only can go up down I think it's $688. Of course, the cheaper alternative is JB but hubby and I do not own a car and traveling there is very inconvenient for us. 

Thanks for sharing and the information.

Was looking for something like this to put below the loft for ventilation, however we will go take a look and ask my ID if it suit the house overall design 

On 9/6/2017 at 10:06 PM, infatuation1527 said:

My ventofino is from Heritage at geylang. Not on display but can ask the salesperson to order for you. Priced at $858 because I chose the one which can swing left right and up down. Note that there is a cheaper model that only can go up down I think it's $688. Of course, the cheaper alternative is JB but hubby and I do not own a car and traveling there is very inconvenient for us. 

thanks! but looks pretty expensive :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:. guessi will try JB. 

Hi, just read thru your whole journey frm start to end and realised its you who inspired me to go to Choo Chiang. Thks for the tip. Since posting my blog, I have a habit of reading other ppl's last pg, now slowly playing catch up. 

Are those electrical cables laid on the floor? If they are, its an accident waiting to happen. Not to you guys the current owners, but when you sell. The new owners wont know about this and if they undergo a reno, the demolition workers might be in danger of electrocution. Be sure to inform your new buyers when you sell. 

The worst that could happen.....you inform your buyers and they go ok ok, but they dont under go reno. Later when they sell they forget all about it and nvr inform the new buyers.

On 01/09/2017 at 7:49 AM, infatuation1527 said:

@Diluted I bought my grohe stuff from Heritage Bathroom in geylang. 

@infinity2015 thanks for the heads up! Will definitely compare the exact model first before purchasing!

I havent been to heritage before. How are the prices like there compared to Hoe Kee? 

@fingerscross My electrical cables are concealed in the ceiling. 

@Diluted I would say prices in Heritage are comparable to Hoe Kee. However, for Heritage, they provide discounts even if you purchase a single item. For Hoe Kee, my experience was that unless you purchase more than one item, no discount will be given. 

36 minutes ago, infatuation1527 said:

@fingerscross My electrical cables are concealed in the ceiling. 

@Diluted I would say prices in Heritage are comparable to Hoe Kee. However, for Heritage, they provide discounts even if you purchase a single item. For Hoe Kee, my experience was that unless you purchase more than one item, no discount will be given. 

Thanks for sharing! I guess I'll check them out since I'm getting most of the bathroom fittings locally.