Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sumobear

Love Odyssey

Hmmm...house-warming....erm I have not plan anything yet. I am more concern about the furnishing and decor right now. But Ms Sumobear is so excited with having buffet for house warming and kept asking me when is it going to happen. Will plan something as the time comes...so many things waiting to be done in this year. Once the home is completed, I have to full force on my wedding preparation...have to plan video story board, do a multimedia photo presentation for the dinner, prepare wedding flavours and etc. Have to setup a wedding production team.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

After reading so much entries of "What should I do for renovation?", I feel like contributing my techniques and thoughts with everyone. I am very sure that most people will definately dive into a stack of interior books and magazines to search for the ideal formula of a nice home. Everyone wants a nice home in different ways because design is very subjective, so look at a bright side if anyone is making a critic.

Speaking of inspiration for home making, I source for them from my surrounding beside publications. I can see nice colour combination from a stalk of lily, toy, worn-out building, indian lady in sari...almost everything that we can see in our daily life, it is a natural color palette that is free. We will feel good naturally when the colour combination is right, colours affect our mood. There is no bad colours, only bad combination.

It is because of the chemistry of colours and mood, most designer or creatives will do a "Mood Board" to showcase the possible materials for a creation before confirmation. Fashion designer can have the sewing techniques, fabrics, threads, laces and buttons. Painter can have the brushes, type of paint and paper. So it is pretty clear for the possible things that you can have for home making. Mood board is like a scrapbook where you can compile all the ideas.

I snapped alot of ambigious pictures when I was hunting for ideas, a photo can inspire me alot like the proportion of colour usage, materials, mood and composition.

Edited by sumobear

Bro Great to hear finally you guy had pull over and move forward to other steps. :P

Hi Cantona,

Well...I cannot afford to delay anymore. Have to move on with my other plans. There are still some unfinished work which I do not know if I should get my contractor to do.

Since the chapter of renovation has come to an end, it is time to do abit of recap on my home development. the before and after...

reno_beforeafter.jpg

Hi sumobear,

You place is very nice. Great transformation. May i know where did you purchased the living room white ceiling fan?

Have a great time enjoying with family & friends in your renovated place.

Cheers :(

Since the chapter of renovation has come to an end, it is time to do abit of recap on my home development. the before and after...
Edited by lifestyle

Hi sumobear,

You place is very nice. Great transformation. May i know where did you purchased the living room white ceiling fan?

Have a great time enjoying with family & friends in your renovated place.

Cheers :dancingqueen:

I got the KDK fan from a warehouse at ubi area...cannot remember the actual address coz I made the order long before my renovation.

The weekend is physically hectic for the both of us, have to fix the IKEA furnitures and clean up the place. The IKEA furnitures are tough to fix and very heavy to move, my body is aching badly right now. Beside the furniture fixing, Mrs Sumobear was busy with cleaning up the place...sweeping...vacuuming and mopping. She is equally burnt out as me but I think it is a no pain no gain situation because the satisfaction is there when we see everything is done.

The next task on the list will be preparing all the prints to hang up on the walls, drill all the holes needed, get our roller blinds and mattresses. Targetting to complete in 2 weeks time.

Just like to share my once-a-bachelor's bedroom with everyone...about to migrate some of the stuffs to our upcoming new home.

reno_migration.jpg

We have started recieving some house warming gifts from people, there is a fridge from my auntie and grandma, and a Kartell light from my bosses...everything is so nice. Weekend is another burnt out, we have to go around hunting and buying of things, cleaning up the place and do some home improvement...there are so much things waiting to be done. We have decided to give ourselves a break on the coming public holiday and crash in to the great singapore sale to buy more stuffs for our home. Shopping is a luxury and endless...

renotalk_kartell.jpg

Wah....love ur Kartell light! Do u noe any place wer they sell copies? Thk I cant afford the real one bah....very chio! :o

Wah....love ur Kartell light! Do u noe any place wer they sell copies? Thk I cant afford the real one bah....very chio! :o

Hi Greycat,

I am not sure about the copied version but normally the design of copied ones may varies. Saw some kartell-copied hanging pendant lightings at most lighting shops. I only know places where they have copied designer furniture and they look "real"

wah...i love ur lights

Thanks...but I have not decide where to place in my home yet...hehe

Can put bedside or mabbe at cabinets along the wall?.....veli chio! :D

Well...I have thought of that but I have busted my budget so there are some furnitures which I have to KIV for a while and they are like the side tables. Must get a good side table to match the Kartell light or else it will spoil the design of the lighting...

Mean while I am trying to DIY a table from a retro chair base and hopefully it will turn our nice. Hoping to place the light on that table.