Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
FatRabbit

Lessons learnt from my renovation

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 9/6/2017 at 3:22 PM, Debrahkok7777 said:

Hmm, Really can feel the struggle sia. How much did you guys pay him ? Is he just an contractor or the ID itself ...
I also have been struggling to find some good ID to help me to my house. It been really good to at least go around the forum and ask for opinion in case of anything =(

sorry for such late reply. To save money, I didn't engage ID, I engage a contractor intro by friend because I just want to do simple work that fix what is old. My entire renovation cost was about 18k.

Actually, after moving in for almost 1.5 month now, I realised there are alot of shabby work done at our place. Hoping that the 18k renovation would last us a little longer..

Some of the paint in toilet is peeling off now, found a discolour patch on our counter top, suspect the worker use some kind of chemical and discoloured it, the drawer grip installed on top rather than bottom which make the opening of drawer not user-friendly, toilet bi-fold door is blocking half the glass door to the wet area which was not convenient & etc

Before they do any of this work, they do not ask the home owner and they just do according to their will.. In the end, I have to live with the inconvenience..

Edited by FatRabbit

HI,

So sorry to hear you have such an experience with  a rogue contractor.

Able to share the name of this contractor? Guess need to have him blacklist.

Thanks

Aloy