Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

I see more ID companies offering reno package for bto /resale flats.

Usually these packages will cover basic minimum such as kitchen cabinet, painting, electrical works and minimum carpentry..like 1 tv console...the price range hover around 10k to 20k for bto 4 room flat.

Are there any hidden costs if you sign up for one of this reno package? Will the ID firm still provide an itemised quotation if you sign up for this package? Has anyone signed up a reno package, care to share the experiences - good and bad?

Edited by Terraces

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 9/9/2017 at 9:22 AM, Terraces said:

I see more ID companies offering reno package for bto /resale flats.

Usually these packages will cover basic minimum such as kitchen cabinet, painting, electrical works and minimum carpentry..like 1 tv console...the price range hover around 10k to 20k for bto 4 room flat.

Are there any hidden costs if you sign up for one of this reno package? Will the ID firm still provide an itemised quotation if you sign up for this package? Has anyone signed up a reno package, care to share the experiences - good and bad?

Some of them do have some hidden cost as it is obviously there are no such good deals all over the market. Just remember to choose wisely every time when you are engaging with your ID.
Sometimes the hidden cost might not be hidden, it's just that the material that you choose to use from are different from what they gave you in the "Standard material package" which is those general one. where it make your packages look affordable and cheaper. :lol:
It is not bad but also will not be as superb. hahaha I think normally those who have the package roughly around 20k should be okay to cover everything and give you a nice design. Unless on top of that you will like to add any design or like special doors here and there, then I think it will add more cost to it :paint:

im also doing my own house now. getting a ID.  those package if everything you need. should be exactly as it is.   but if anything add on will be where they earn alot.

i think its best to meet up with the ID and understand all the materials you are getting for the package. no point getting the quotation via email or clarify over the phone, go to their showroom, see & feel the materials before deciding! all the best