Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ethannnnnn

Bach Engineer 5BR Flat

Hi everyone,

Just past the mark to be eligible to purchase resale flat. Thus purchased a 5 bedrrom on the open market. As I reside alone, I decide to leave a few rooms empty, and the kitchen in it's most basic form, enough for me to cook instant noodles.

Shortlisted IDs

1. Ed**** from *andE Design.

Contacted them but no quotation follow up, and disappeared slowly.

2. Sam*** from ** Studio

Young guy, has his own idea. Very flexible with his designs, good hand drawing skills too. But a lil pricey and the style doesn't suits me.

3. Jas** from V****

Very straightforward and experience during space planning, however one of our friend took up with them prior to us. Did not hear pleasant things about their sub con.

4. L** from A*** Design

Previously worked in Taiwan, ideology slightly different from local IDs. 1st meeting took a mere 25 minutes, he asked questions about your lifestyle and hobbies. Did not ask much questions regarding the house. It was more of a match-making session.

Edited by ethannnnnn
Typo

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Generally, I choose this particular guy because

1. I believed an ID should be bringing you into their ideas, and not you telling them you want this you want that. - I think this is very good.

2. His initial quote was out of my budget, but he was flexible to change things around. - Shows flexibility, not just out to close sales.

3. He explained to me every material that's going to be used for every area. - Let me have a understanding of the materials used.

4. His work is very sleek, very detailed as he drove me to his on-going project to have a glace. - Gave me confidence.

5. He will set a date to go shopping with you, be it sofa or kitchen-ware, that he shortlisted for you - One stop service.

24 minutes ago, ethannnnnn said:

1.jpg.631932b7b61a57e0e0a7c1c25a80ef3e.jpg

1. Designer knew I had this engine that I took home from my workplace, he proposed we use it as a centerpiece.

2. Since it was an engine, he proposed that we use stainless steel backdrop to bring out the centerpiece.

3. Custom built a metal bar cage thingy for me to display magazines, which I have not move over from my current place.

2.jpg.d28cccabb71000141de612162377df82.jpg

1. Initially I was keen on small furniture as I'm going to stay alone, but designer showed me the emptiness if I were to go ahead in the 3d drawing. Thus we went shopping for a 3 seater and a lazy chair + a 4 seater dining table together.

2. Lights and carpet were purchased by him as I was too busy.

3. As the corridor false ceiling looks too empty, he did modification work to the false ceiling to create a layer effect.

3.jpg.01a65f9de402ac24453f16f5843ed1bf.jpg

1. He suggested that we do not construct a wardrobe in my sleeping area to create space by the side as I already have a platform near the window.

2. Generally he wants to create a atmosphere that is relaxing and not too much things.

4.jpg.f39122bc693081c233d853925644d746.jpg

1. Last but not least, we hacked the wall adjacent to create a mini work area along with my clothes for easy access. I had the common mindset, the hacking has to be in the middle. But he suggested we do the opening at the window side, to be unusual. Which turns out fine.

2. As a engineer, I don't really like the idea of having doors. So we agreed on a open concept wardrobe, he choose to use black powdered coated metal to create a sleek effect.

Edited by ethannnnnn
Typo

12 hours ago, Clarence Lye said:

wow. that engine is amazing.

1 paxinvling in 5rm? that's HUGE~!
everythinglook so spacious and nicely blended

Credit to the young designer! He did 90% of the work.