Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
minimum

White cabinets that have anti-yellow properties?

I'm planning to have glossy white cabinets in my kitchen, and understand that sunlight with grease will make it turn yellow in the future. 

Is there any cabinet material (exterior) that is resistant to yellowing? 

What materials would be best? I only know there's laminate and vinyl for now. 

Also, is it recommended to have black interiors for the cabinets? Those who have done so - do share your experiences. Not sure whether it encourages cockroaches to reside. 

Lastly, I want to install backsplash wallpaper. Any recommended brands or materials for high durability? 

Edited by minimum

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 9/18/2017 at 7:46 AM, minimum said:

I'm planning to have glossy white cabinets in my kitchen, and understand that sunlight with grease will make it turn yellow in the future. 

Is there any cabinet material (exterior) that is resistant to yellowing? 

What materials would be best? I only know there's laminate and vinyl for now. 

Also, is it recommended to have black interiors for the cabinets? Those who have done so - do share your experiences. Not sure whether it encourages cockroaches to reside. 

Lastly, I want to install backsplash wallpaper. Any recommended brands or materials for high durability? 

Did you get the white cabinet in the end ? I also thinking of, maybe I should just get those colored cabinet, so i could just change the wrapping if it gets yellow or what   

Hi,

There are different shades of white. I think if you get those off white should be slightly better than pure white? I personally used the clay color from TAK which is a very light gray tone of white.

Cheers