Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bryant18

Landed House Reconstruction

Hi ,

I am looking to rebuild my newly purchased 1 storey semi-detached. Land Area is 1650 sqft and I am wanting to build it up to a 3200 sqft 3 storey.

I have read through the forum and the magical number still remaing at $300psqft. I am looking to tenders/quotation from any design and build contractor to give me  quotation.

For all builders who are interested do drop me a quotation with all architecture and consultancy fee and building fees to xanax.entertainment@gmail.com

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
19 hours ago, Bryant18 said:

Hi ,

I am looking to rebuild my newly purchased 1 storey semi-detached. Land Area is 1650 sqft and I am wanting to build it up to a 3200 sqft 3 storey.

I have read through the forum and the magical number still remaing at $300psqft. I am looking to tenders/quotation from any design and build contractor to give me  quotation.

For all builders who are interested do drop me a quotation with all architecture and consultancy fee and building fees to xanax.entertainment@gmail.com

Let me share my experience with you as a home owner who has completed a reconstruction to my 3 story 4000sqft built up from 2 story 4000sqft land SemiD. 

With a $300psf construction budget, it would be in your best interest to hire an architect yo project manage the contractors through tender exercise.

If you deal directly with contractors on 'design+build' projects, lay down your requirements as detail as possible in s written agreement with specific timeline and penalty on late delivery ( commonly $2500/week) to protect your interest.

Construction cost wise can range widely due to the finishing materials required. Generally the structure cost will go up by $100k if foundation piling is required after soil test. $150 psf construction cost is achievable w/o piling. An experienced builder knows how to be lean and manage cost. Usually the bulk of builder's cost comes from his workers (fixed cost) other than material cost. In the event that the builder cannot secure his projects and occupy his workforce well, that cost gets passed on the the projects so the cost goes up. So a seasoned builder can at times offer attractive price to the next project for him to schedule his projects well. The same logic can mean that contractors can many times delay completion of projects as he needs to time it well to move his workforce over to the next project ( especially housing foreign workers on site).

I hope the above information can help you source for the right builders as there are many good and experienced ones out there. You just hv to make sure you get value for money and manage them well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yoongf said:

1650sqft land for a semi-D?

that is unusually small. Is the number correct?

could be an end-terrace or corner terrace...

Semi D minimum land size is 200sqm. After the setbacks , the actual house area will be quite small. For 300psf of GFA, you can engage a builder to handle everything for you.

23 minutes ago, Southeast said:

Isn't an architect, not a builder, required for reconstruction?

you need an architect or PE to sign on the plans.

the builder is needed to construct the house. some builders have their "in-house" architects to do the signing off.

4 hours ago, snoozee said:

you need an architect or PE to sign on the plans.

the builder is needed to construct the house. some builders have their "in-house" architects to do the signing off.

Thanks snoozee! Just a quick question about costs: what is an indicative cost premium (say 20 - 30% more) if an architect is hired to manage builder versus hiring a builder to build and get an architect to sign off?

On 9/24/2017 at 1:39 PM, Bryant18 said:

Hi ,

you may like to try my builder who did renovation for me, heard he also did new buildings for private. 83137177 Mr AK

On 9/24/2017 at 1:39 PM, Bryant18 said:

Hi ,

I had completed a 2.5 storey semi d with a basement, built in area about 4546 sq ft with all in cost $307 per sq ft (ie: Architect, Engineer, Government fees, Home Lift & double roof including the house). I am also the person endorsement for Builder's Completion Certificate. More importantly as the job duration span across 2 years & at the point in time our company's turn over was luckily did not exceed 1 million (company in infancy year), there was no GST involved. Please email your requirement to threecubebuilders@ymail.com