Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ctwong

Avoid a Daikin Airconditioner at all cost!!!

My condo had a Daikin airconditioner and I had called them in to check the compressor which was under their 5 year warranty.  After verifying that my compressor was still under warranty and defective, I was shocked when they wanted to slap me with a $80 warranty verification charge and $524 labour charge just to replace their faulty compressor. When I called up their service centre, they agreed not to charge the $80 charge but still insisted on the $524 labour charge for replacing their fault compressor. This is ridiculous. Such excessive labour charges !!! They should stand by their products and replace defective products at minimal costs to their end-buyers. I might as well buy a new single split with such a high labour fee slapped on me.  I refused to pay and am exploring other options. I hope this is a warning to all consumers to avoid Daikin. No wonder they call themselves the 'World's No.1 airconditioning company". With such high labour charges, they are definitely No.1 in terms of cost of repairs !!!!

Edited by ctwong

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I ran into the same problem yesterday. I wish I'd seen this post sooner. They are now offering me a bill of about $ 600, which I do not intend to pay. It seems that there is the same problem with compressors(I am poorly versed in the technical component). Now I'm thinking of changing the service to aircon servicing, which has a good review from my neighbor. He was just shocked when I told him about my bill, which I received from the current service.I ran into the same problem yesterday. I wish I'd seen this post sooner.