Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
silverfox88

Relocating kitchen sink and burner

Hi all.

Am currently planning my HDB resale renovation and we are trying to figure out if HDB has any regulations against shifting the kitchen sink and gas burner out of the "original kitchen".

We are hoping to hack the kitchen wall and shift the gas burner and sink to the next room which is currently a bedroom.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi there, i dont know much about HDB rules. But just try asking yourself this. Would you like it if your neighbour from upstairs moved their kitchen above your room? I know i wouldn't be happy with such an arrangement. Imagine while i am slpg they decide to cook super and create a din. 

If your upstairs neighbour practice feng shui, i dont think he will be very happy to be sleeping under a stove. 

So my guess is that it will be quite hard to get approval. However if you managed to get an approval, pls kindly load up your floor plan as i m really curious to what extend HDB allows relocation of kitchen. Thks.

On 10/4/2017 at 5:14 PM, fingerscross said:

Hi there, i dont know much about HDB rules. But just try asking yourself this. Would you like it if your neighbour from upstairs moved their kitchen above your room? I know i wouldn't be happy with such an arrangement. Imagine while i am slpg they decide to cook super and create a din. 

If your upstairs neighbour practice feng shui, i dont think he will be very happy to be sleeping under a stove. 

So my guess is that it will be quite hard to get approval. However if you managed to get an approval, pls kindly load up your floor plan as i m really curious to what extend HDB allows relocation of kitchen. Thks.

Yeah sounds true , feel like it will be the best if it's possible just go with the normal floor plan. 
As for gas stuff, it might go really bad if it really goes hair wire.