Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
coral78

kitchen worktop

It is true that Indian granite is more exp than China granite.

Wah, the price has increased so much... when I renovated my flat early last yr, I paid $100pf for Indian granite... with good spots or not were of the same price.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all

I cannot decide between solid work top and the normal one. Appreciate if someone can advise me on it.

Thank you.

normal table top is a compressed type in i think laminate finish..solid top is a kind of plastic? acrylic fibre type finish with different grade... no joint line so look nicer, but more expensive.

Hi trees, normal table top is wooden cabinet with laminated finish... solid surface top is plastic/acrylic worktop with chemical treatment... you are true on diff grades, no joint line & more exp... You can also go for concrete support covered with tiles... another option is granite worktop, which is what I chose for my kitchen.

It all depends on your cooking habit/style & preference. Still cannot decide?

Hi trees, normal table top is wooden cabinet with laminated finish... solid surface top is plastic/acrylic worktop with chemical treatment... you are true on diff grades, no joint line & more exp... You can also go for concrete support covered with tiles... another option is granite worktop, which is what I chose for my kitchen.

It all depends on your cooking habit/style & preference. Still cannot decide?

HI all, after seeing so much of your guys opinion, think granite should be the best. But I am having very very tight budget to my new flat.

Do your think the normal countertop that was sold in IKEA is good for normal use as we sheldom cook and shall we say rarely use the kitchen?

The NUMERAR worktop only sold for $175 for 186 cm while PRAGEL only $75 for 186 cm as well. My kitchen counter is around 14 ft. So will only need to pay for $400 for the whole counter top.

Any comment for this.

Thanks.

if you rarely cook and seldom use the kitchen

postform top should be the way to go

postform is basically laminated plywood used as a top

it's the cheapest around, my contractor even give it for free :notti:

if you rarely cook and seldom use the kitchen

postform top should be the way to go

postform is basically laminated plywood used as a top

it's the cheapest around, my contractor even give it for free :notti:

Thanks applefreak. Do you mind let me know who your contractor and his contact is as I need to do a 10ft wall cabinet and an extension to the current base cabinet. If he can give me free will save me a lot.

actually the worktop should cost less than $200 for a 10ft cabinet

he used to be a well recommended contractor in this forum

but it seems he started to charge really high nowadays :(

It is true that Indian granite is more exp than China granite.

Wah, the price has increased so much... when I renovated my flat early last yr, I paid $100pf for Indian granite... with good spots or not were of the same price.

I think the ID is trying to 'chop' me! In the end my sister got me a contact direct from factory which cost me a lot lower, she did all the negotiation for me and finally I settled with that. Just had that installed yesterday and I love it. Can't comment on the maintenance part yet, cos have not moved in to my new place :)

I will be doing whole kitchen soon but still cannot decide - ID or direct factory? Advise pls. Also sink, hob, hood need to buy first on my own or let ID or contractor do? Really want to do best but cheap kitchen for wife. Must get it right first time. Help pls thanks pals!

Hi! my advice will be solid surface. It's not necessary to go thru ID. you may liaise with contractor. if not you may buy from th solid surface company which they will measure and send the solid surface to fabricator then install in your kitchen.

if you need help, i may intro u which brand of solid surface is better.

all the best to you!

corian is around that price

coz of the brand, suppose to be much better than those $80pfr ones :yamseng:

another countertop to consider if you have the budget is quartz

hardy as granite, no staining problem and can choose whatever colour like solid surface :good:

another option for you: Samsung solid surface or Gloria.

samsung's is 100% acrylic which is excellent heat-resistant & flame-retardant. comes with 10yrs warranty and easy maintenance.

gloria is the same as samsung's jz the material is polyester instead of acrylic.

as compared to granite, solid surface have a lots of colour to choose and if your goin to install in your kitchen, i would suggest marble-like is better.