Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
KFC1189

Bad products that we regret buying

Dear readers,

We have encountered many unethical interior design companies, contractors, and carpenters in this forum. I feel that it is good to know who these companies are so that we can avoid them.

But there are also bad products (some of which are very expensive) that we purchased for our home but have since regretted buying it due to poor quality and poor service. I think it is good to share such information in this forum so that other readers are aware of the products and be able to make more informed decision for themselves.

I have one such poor quality door that I bought from Dr. Doors last year. It is a combi-door that allows the wooden door and the metal gate to be opened inward together. The cost of the door is more than SGD2200. The problem of this door is that its door handle is very flimsy and after a while, the whole handle just dropped off. At first, I tried to screw it back myself but it did not work and had to call Dr. Doors but they refused to replace it for free because they claimed it is outside of 1 year warranty and I could not find an alternative handle because the door handle bracket is different. This is really unacceptable and beware of this company whose terms and conditions are very lopsided and unfair to its customers. 

IMG_7984.JPG

IMG_7985.JPG

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thks for sharing this. Have u tried to buy the handle from dr. door? But the fact that the handle will fall off indicates its of inferior quality....prolly plastic. Mayb those hardware shop might hav a handle that wld be able to fit.

For me, i find the dyson bladeless fan is a crap product. Looks good yes...lvl of blow job, 3/10....totally no power. It comes with option of speed of 1 to 10...anythg below 9 is useless. On top of that, the motor is v noisy at lvl 9 or 10. Conventional fan is much better n cheaper.

24 minutes ago, fingerscrosssaid:

Thks for sharing this. Have u tried to buy the handle from dr. door? But the fact that the handle will fall off indicates its of inferior quality....prolly plastic. Mayb those hardware shop might hav a handle that wld be able to fit.

For me, i find the dysonbladeless fan is a crap product. Looks good yes...lvl of blow job, 3/10....totally no power. It comes with option of speed of 1 to 10...anythg below 9 is useless. On top of that, the motor is v noisy at lvl 9 or 10. Conventional fan is much better n cheaper.

agree, dyson fan is just for the looks and does not function as a fa/air cooler. Any aircooler/fan works better than Dyson.
But dyson fan with the purifier is ok, becos it cleans the air as well.

Dyson works best in aircon environment only.

On 12/10/2017 at 11:01 AM, KFC1189 said:

Dear readers,

We have encountered many unethical interior design companies, contractors, and carpenters in this forum. I feel that it is good to know who these companies are so that we can avoid them.

But there are also bad products (some of which are very expensive) that we purchased for our home but have since regretted buying it due to poor quality and poor service. I think it is good to share such information in this forum so that other readers are aware of the products and be able to make more informed decision for themselves.

I have one such poor quality door that I bought from Dr. Doors last year. It is a combi-door that allows the wooden door and the metal gate to be opened inward together. The cost of the door is more than SGD2200. The problem of this door is that its door handle is very flimsy and after a while, the whole handle just dropped off. At first, I tried to screw it back myself but it did not work and had to call Dr. Doors but they refused to replace it for free because they claimed it is outside of 1 year warranty and I could not find an alternative handle because the door handle bracket is different. This is really unacceptable and beware of this company whose terms and conditions are very lopsided and unfair to its customers. 

IMG_7984.JPG

IMG_7985.JPG

I got a combi door too and i agree the quality of the door is disappointing. The wood used for the wooden door is lousy and i have rust on screws and metal parts on the door. there is no cushion to soften the hit of the door on the frame. a great idea but please don't buy it, a normal door will work and wont cause you headache.