Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
weishun

Melvin & Angeline's Lounge

27th April 2007

Carpentry work has been carried out for my kitchen today. So far they only managed to wall mount the cabinets. Some parts of the cabinets have not been completely mounted yet. For kitchen cabinets, we adopted the floating design with lightings under the cabinet for a floating feel. Here are some pictures on the progress.

Front view of the cabinet from living room

DSC00073-1.jpg

DSC00072-1.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

My secondary preparation area. Holding area for microwave.

DSC00071.jpg

More pictures will be taken as we move on with the progress. Lets see what will they cover tomorrow. Cheers!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Abit bo liao in the morning. Just bought a Duro lock as recommended by many friends recently. Paid S$138 for it, comes with a free spare lock worth 58 bucks. So heart pain leh... paid so much for a lock.

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

Abit bo liao in the morning. Just bought a Duro lock as recommended by many friends recently. Paid S$138 for it, comes with a free spare lock worth 58 bucks. So heart pain leh... paid so much for a lock.

hi, i used to use the duro lock, the bigger 1 that can clamp on gate. i would advise u to use yr spare lock instead of the bigger 1. reason is, the bigger 1 is easier to remove. my uncle whos a contractor, he demostrated by using a hammer or any big tool(cos i din believe him), he gently knock on the side & 1 side of it became lose & out came the whole lock. so end up i use the spare lock.

my uncle said its safer to use the spare lock bcos its inside of yr hse & cannot be reached by any tool or object.

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

me eyeing on the Duro Lock oso.. but very very ex.. :)

hubby was asking what to do with the spare lock.. I said use it to lock the bicycles!! wahahaha..

but I think the safest way is to use 2 locks on the gate loh..

Hehe i thought so too, but you see ah.. The purpose of using this lock is for convinience, its more of a one handed operation. For example, you are carrying lots of groceries and want to get into the house quickly. This is where the lock comes into good use, you just need one hand to unlock the lock rather then put everything down and then use both hands to fiddle with the lock. Heheh

After listening to gingerbelle's experiences, was abit disheartened over the lock. Cos Duro is a good brand and after learning that the lock can be easily removed, i'm beginning to worry bout the safety of my home. So whats your opinions guys? Anyone using this particular lock? Care to share your experiences?

Hehe i thought so too, but you see ah.. The purpose of using this lock is for convinience, its more of a one handed operation. For example, you are carrying lots of groceries and want to get into the house quickly. This is where the lock comes into good use, you just need one hand to unlock the lock rather then put everything down and then use both hands to fiddle with the lock. Heheh

After listening to gingerbelle's experiences, was abit disheartened over the lock. Cos Duro is a good brand and after learning that the lock can be easily removed, i'm beginning to worry bout the safety of my home. So whats your opinions guys? Anyone using this particular lock? Care to share your experiences?

I used the similar sparelock too. If the main lock is meant to be gd use for single hand so as for break in too. :dunno:

But most impt is still ur neighbourhood enviroment lah. My suggestion is use both locks when nobody is at home, use only the main lock only when somebody is in the hse. :)

I used the similar sparelock too. If the main lock is meant to be gd use for single hand so as for break in too. :(

But most impt is still ur neighbourhood enviroment lah. My suggestion is use both locks when nobody is at home, use only the main lock only when somebody is in the hse. :dancingqueen:

For me i'm staying near the market area in Chong Pang. Human traffic flow is very heavy, is this considered safe? Opposite me are shop houses and stores...

For me i'm staying near the market area in Chong Pang. Human traffic flow is very heavy, is this considered safe? Opposite me are shop houses and stores...

Oic my uncle stay there too. Veri good location with alot of gd and cheap foods there and a famous place for Toto "Wang" place. :(

Err... I cant really comment hw safe there place is even my area in JW also nt safe now. :P To play safe use two locks first until u are veri familiar with the neighbourhood. Anyway not a big issue if you jus put down ur shopping bags to open the another lock. :dancingqueen:

Oic my uncle stay there too. Veri good location with alot of gd and cheap foods there and a famous place for Toto "Wang" place. :(

Err... I cant really comment hw safe there place is even my area in JW also nt safe now. :P To play safe use two locks first until u are veri familiar with the neighbourhood. Anyway not a big issue if you jus put down ur shopping bags to open the another lock. :dancingqueen:

Hehe... i have been staying in Chong Pang all my life. Only difference is that i moved from my parent's blk 109 to my new house blk 108. Hehehhe just one blk away nia. Can still see my parent's kitchen window from my kitchen window loh. Very familiar with this neighbourhood. :P Anyway i think i will try using two locks first then slowly monitor.

duro locks r ok.

last time i used to think like weishun, ez to open if i ve too many groceries but comes to safety, dun play play.

the safety lock, according to my uncle, is recommended by police oso.

so no harm in using both locks i guess. but abit troublesome rite, still muz open 2 locks?

duro locks r ok.

last time i used to think like weishun, ez to open if i ve too many groceries but comes to safety, dun play play.

the safety lock, according to my uncle, is recommended by police oso.

so no harm in using both locks i guess. but abit troublesome rite, still muz open 2 locks?

You mean Duro locks are recommended by the police?

hi, i used to use the duro lock, the bigger 1 that can clamp on gate. i would advise u to use yr spare lock instead of the bigger 1. reason is, the bigger 1 is easier to remove. my uncle whos a contractor, he demostrated by using a hammer or any big tool(cos i din believe him), he gently knock on the side & 1 side of it became lose & out came the whole lock. so end up i use the spare lock.

my uncle said its safer to use the spare lock bcos its inside of yr hse & cannot be reached by any tool or object.

Oh gosh that's scary! Even a good lock doesnt offer as much security huh? Thanks for the tip - good, small lock! :notti:

7th May 2007

Carpentry works started today and i was shocked to see sooo many wood works being brought into my flat. That was then i realised that almost 70% of my place were carpentry works.

ResizeofDSC00077.jpg

ResizeofDSC00080.jpg

ResizeofDSC00079.jpg

ResizeofDSC00074.jpg

ResizeofDSC00078.jpg

ResizeofDSC00081.jpg

Carpenter doing up my platform for my master bedroom.

ResizeofDSC00075.jpg

Platform almost down when i came back from work

ResizeofDSC00083.jpg

My custom made door

ResizeofDSC00082.jpg

My wardrobe

ResizeofDSC00084.jpg

ResizeofDSC00085.jpg

Kitchen Cabinets almost done. Doors were installed today.

ResizeofDSC00086.jpg

My so called wall for my studyroom also almost done. Now awaiting plaster board to be placed as backing behind my wardrobe.

ResizeofDSC00094.jpg

Structure for feature wall also doned up.

ResizeofDSC00087.jpg

ResizeofDSC00090.jpg

My custom made platform sofa & entrance partition

ResizeofDSC00088.jpg

ResizeofDSC00091.jpg

ResizeofDSC00092.jpg

Overall progress

ResizeofDSC00089.jpg

woah ! can't wait to see the completed pics ! :wub:

Hehe dun worry... more pics coming up today. I guess they will finish more on the carpentry today.